Arlington Country Day School 1

Posted April 09, 2013
Arlington Country Day Is disrespectful to the United States There baseball team uniform has the flag backwords they should not be allowed to do this

Arlington Country Day School 2

Posted January 17, 2012
What a mistake! The classrooms are in ruins, not even enough chairs/desks in some. Textbooks are outdated and falling apart. There are absolutely NO extracurricular activities outside of the football team, NO technology classes, the principal is impossible to reach - when she is on campus. There is an "after school tutoring" option but that is a joke. This school accepts special needs students but has no special needs staff to teach them; although to be fair - some of the teachers go over and above to try. Even the school website is outdated - from 2009/2010 - and there is no PTO / PTA!

Posted November 16, 2011
This is the first year that my son has gone to ACD and we love it. He gets alot of one on one time with the teachers because of the small class size...wish I had done this when he was still in Jr High.

Posted February 25, 2011
What a gem of a school! I volunteer every week in the middle school, and I am so impressed by what the children are learning. The teachers seem to work together and the children are very happy and engaged. It is a very happy and welcoming campus.

Posted February 21, 2011
ACD is an excellent choice if you want your child to receive a great education in a small, hands on environment. I have an elementary child as well as a middle school child and I could not be happier with the school. Yes, we were there during the decline, but those days are long gone and this school should not be compared with the previous school. We have seen so many wonderful changes and we always feel welcome on campus. The teachers are highly qualified and extremely caring.

Arlington Country Day School 4

Posted July 18, 2010
ACD is a great developing school. It has had problems in the past as most people know. They have been taken care of for the most part. The current owners saved the school from closing after the inept previous owner. They have taken care of past debts and corrected academic problems to the point of receiving a five year accreditation.They are building a strong school again based on education, behavior and values. The faculty is the best it has ever been. Especially the elementary dept. ACD is headed in the right direction and just needs time and support from the community and parents.

Arlington Country Day School 4

Posted April 23, 2010
Mrs. Phillips is absolutely the best teacher a child can have. The school has improved tremendously in the past year and I am sure will continue to do so.

Arlington Country Day School 1

Posted February 05, 2010

Posted February 04, 2010
I'm going to ACDS now, and I think it's a good choice if your looking for something different. I went for 9th grade, then I transfered over to SW. I was sooo unhappy. The classrooms were huge, and it was way to stressful. So i quickly switched back after just maybe one quarter at SW. ACD is nothing like any school iv'e been at, or friends have gone. And I love it. Highschools the best years of your life supposivly, and Iv'e made more then i can count memories there. GO ACD! Nut get some uniforms, the dress code is a little old.

Arlington Country Day School 0

Posted January 28, 2010
I have a first grader that goes to acd and I am deifnatley pleased with the school and especially the teacher.Mrs.McFalls rocks(she is one of the best teachers i ever met she really cares about the kids and makes sure the learn.) The school went through some trouble but I know it's on the upswing. There more focused on making the learining aspect better before the astetic aspect. the school is in a not so great area of town but the security makes up for it. They employ security that does nothing but whatch the elemntry kids when they are on the playground.Also the teachers are on the playground during reacess and the are also very wathcful of the kids. My daughter went to a more exspensive and newer looking school last year and we were not nerarly as impressed with the reasults as we are this year. mrs mcfalls rocks.

Arlington Country Day School
5725 Fort Caroline Road, Jacksonville, FL  32277
Last modified Arlington Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Arlington Country Day School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top