Jacksonville, FL

Posted October 06, 2014
My child is a sophomore at Bolles. I am very impressed with this school. Prior to Bolles, we utilized every opportunity in the Clay County gifted program. Even so, the rigor at Bolles is substantially beyond the best the public schools have to offer. The honors classes especially are simply excellent. My son's wit and conversational maturity improved within 2 months of being there. The only concern I have is related to high school in general. If playing sports, my son is truly gone from 6:30am until 7:30pm. I feel as a mom, I'm not done raising him! I need more time. :) The other day, I reminded him he could go to the local public school and be home by 1:45. He said, "But then I couldn't learn like I'm learning now. And nothing's worth that."

Posted September 20, 2014
I was new to Bolles this year and it has got to be the best school you can attend. First off, people are not "spoiled rich brats" I have met some of the sweetest most down to earth people at this school. For the people saying that athletes at Bolles are stupid and they just get by because they are athletes, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. Teachers are there to help you, they make themselves available to you and are always happy to help, whether you use that or not, its up to the individual students. Bolles as a community is extremely welcoming and close. Most of my friends went to Bishop Kenny and they all tell me about the upperclassmen hazing the underclassmen, physically hitting them, and verbally insulting them. At Bolles the upperclassmen are helpful and generally very nice. If you want a school that prepares a well rounded student than send your child to Bolles.

The Bolles School 1

Posted June 02, 2014
I attended this school for one year before transferring to Bishop Kenny. Bolles was over run with rich brats, who all felt they were Gods gift to the world. The classes at Bolles lacked real challenge due to the large amount of athletes who were not smart. I found Bishop Kenny to be a much more accepting, challenging, and and cheaper environment. Students were not treated equally at Bolles, at Bishop Kenny everyone follows the same rules. The students at Bolles have no morals, and are materialistic. The students at Bishop Kenny demonstrate strong Catholic values. Do not waste your money sending your child to Bolles.

The Bolles School 4

Posted November 24, 2013
I'm currently in grad school studying computer science, but went to Bolles for middle and high school. I frequently thank my parents for sending me there, as it prepared me academically for college. The first 2-3 years of college were significantly easier than high school. Academics are the only area where I will praise Bolles. The social atmosphere at Bolles was brutal and certainly not helpful as I was growing up. Money and who has it is at the forefront of pretty much everything, from the school's response to honor code violations to who hangs out with who. The teachers are varied - some are awesome, some are of the "teach yourself" variety, either way you'll learn because the standards are high. For better or worse, that helped me when I got horrible "read the slides" professors. My parents gave up a lot to send me to Bolles, and I do think they made the right decision. Keep your kids feet on the ground, expose them to life outside of the Bolles bubble, and they'll do do great at Bolles.

Posted October 30, 2013
My son came in in the 8th grade this year.. It has been an amazing experience. The culture for excellence is making him a great leader and honestly he loves it. I am looking to have all three of my children to attend next year. We are greatly pleased. It is a champion culture with loving staff.

Posted October 07, 2013
My son is new to Bolles this year. He attends the Whitehurst Lower School Campus. Coming from Catholic schools as the youngest of three, we weren't sure what to expect. What we have encountered is a loving, safe, friendly and challenging environment that makes me proud and happy to have him attend. When we asked him what he thought of his new school he said that he absolutely loved it and he felt the teachers loved him back. The school has a reputation as one for only wealthy students. I can report that there is a wide mix of student types and socioeconomic circumstances represented at Bolles. The education is top notch and we are very happy to have our child there.

Posted August 25, 2013
As a parent of two current Bolles students, I feel compelled to correct many of the inaccuracies, in previous reviews. Both of my children absolutely love this school. They love the rigorous academics, the outstanding facilities, the excellent engaged teachers, and the emphasis on developing the total student. (academics, arts, sports, community service) Bolles is a college prep school in the truest sense. It constantly challenges students to reach for the stars, demanding a certain amount of independence and self sufficiency, while always being ready to assist in any way. Is it for every student? Definitely not. It's much tougher academically than any of the Duval County Public schools, and this includes all Duval County magnet schools, of which both my children previously attended. If your child is average, or used to getting by giving average effort and commitment, then save your money, and stay away from Bolles. They would surely be quickly overwhelmed, and you will be unhappy. For that, Bolles makes no apologies. But, if you have a bright, talented, hard working student, who's looking for opportunity, challenge, and personal growth, look no further then BOLLES!

Posted July 25, 2013
I will be a junior this upcoming semester at Bolles, and I have attended Bolles since 7th grade. Honestly, I have no complaints at all about this school. Most of the people are more than friendly (of course it has its few, as every school does...but all you have to do is avoid them). The teachers and staff could not be more helpful and friendly. The only time it seems as though they aren't helping you is when they really want you to work on your own and be independent. As for the review that claimed that Bolles allows smoking in the dorms and does not enforce policies, you cannot be more wrong. Bolles is very adamant about following school policies and they enforce them constantly. Many people think that Bolles is only a place for "rich brats", but I can tell you that I am definitely not rich even though I attend Bolles, and many of the "rich brats" are not brats at all. Bolles houses and teaches some of the nicest most giving people I have ever met. in fact, the people I met at Bolles are much more welcoming than anyone I met when I was at public school.

Posted November 10, 2012
My son started Bolles last year, and loves the school. He is a boarder and he has been welcomed by the other students since the first day. He is highly involved in sports (swimming) and his grades have improved a lot since he started the school. He is actually challenged, and his self-esteem and enthusiasm to do well have increased every day he has spent at the school. It is a very expensive tuition, but worth every cent. I wish I could afford to send my other two kids there as well.

Posted August 15, 2012
This will be my first year Bolles i have not even stepped foot in a classroom but have already been to multiple sports practices and meet most of the girls and i already love the atmosphere there and i would recommend sending your child here.

The Bolles School