Alfred I. Dupont Middle School 1

Posted August 06, 2014
Don't bring your kids there ghetto kids here. I am a black student I went there in 2012-2013. All my strong values life when I attended DuPont. Foul mouth students are out of control. The teachers have no control over the students there in the classroom. Attending this school was the worst school I could attend in 2012-2013 I will not ask anyone to attend DuPont. I graduated 8th grade last year. There always fights they have no control. The teachers and principals want the tittle but they can't handle the job. I am a 9th grade student who going to high school this school year.

Posted August 14, 2013
I haven't been to many public schools before. 6th grade was my first year in the government education system. Compared to my last school, this place is actually pretty good. However, it's far too strict. From what I know though, there are three types of public schools: overly strict ones, overly loose ones, and the ones in between. I bet there are some amazing public schools out there, but this isn't one. They take gender seperation way too far and some teachers don't seem to really be teaching the kids there much of anything. There's this one Math teacher that gives out candy like it's the day after Halloween and nobody came to his house. I'm going to this school for 7th Grade, but I don't plan on going for 8th if I can get out of it.

Posted July 24, 2013
The school is horrible. I found it boring because I am the type of person who liks to change things up once in a while and it seemed like it was the same thing every day. personally I would go to an other school in Jacksonville. Although I made plenty of good friends. I didn't like it. The teachers were ok. the staff like the janitor and other people were pricks. And Ms.Davis was the biggest biotch I ever met. I asked to go to the bathroom and I got suspended for three days for talking in the office. I HATE DUPONT

Alfred I. Dupont Middle School 2

Posted February 20, 2013
I went to this school for sixth grade before I moved to CA. The school is very strict on everything. I mean the school is ridiculous. The gender separation and all. I almost felt like I lived in those Islamic countries. But, I believe it's all for our safety. But, if someone from another school or state came to this school they wouldn't be able to stand in here for even a day! There's also a Sheriff in the school. The teachers are good. Nothing with the staff or anything, the problem is with the students and the stupid rules. Bullying, drama, bad behavior, maybe thievery, not paying attention, not completing homeworks, dress code, and etc. Trust me, there's a lot more to say!

Alfred I. Dupont Middle School 2

Posted February 02, 2013
I'm a student here and really disappointed in almost all of the teachers I have. I am in 6th grade and in lunch we're separated into different tables. Boys on one side and Girls on one side and it's like we're not going to do anything. The rules are strict and time outs we have are kind of ridiculous because they are for 3 year old and we should just be sent to the office if we miss behave like any other school we do. In the morning after we get off the bus the girls are sent to the auditorium and the boys are sent to the gym. What is the point of that? Why can't we go to our lockers in the middle of the day? What if we forget something in there that is really important? Some teachers really don't care about their students like how one kid in my class got injured and started crying but the teacher didn't care at all. Thank you for reading.

Posted January 10, 2013
Im i a current 8th grader in dupont middle school, i have been there since 6th grade. Dupont is a good school overall. Perhaps bullying is a big problem. I was bullied several times and i am one of those persons who don't just let this go. I went several times to guidance and tell them but the only thing the did was talk to the student which didn't solve the problem at al perhaps make it worse. Some teachers are the best like ms. havlykke, mr. combs, ms.royce and some other but some of them seem like they go to school to sit on their desk and eat snacks (Im not going to mention names) DuPont had great programs but due to lack of funds theyc cut out all the electives (no art, music etc). It has an ESOL program that is for kids for other languages is special class that focuses on teaching mainly english. Some staff are rude and dont help at all one of those administrators need to be kicked out like now is making the school go downhill. The new principal ms. barnwell is very nice she even opened a book club and has done a lot so far. i hope the school gets better

Alfred I. Dupont Middle School 1

Posted October 29, 2012
My son is currently in school here and we are going to break our lease just to get away! Office staff is rude and doesn't have the answer for anything. Teachers will not reply to emails on why my sons grades are slipping. Kids seem out of control. It has been a nightmare. If you care about your child at all avoid this school!

Alfred I. Dupont Middle School 5

Posted February 13, 2012
I loved this school! The rules were a bit stricted, but it kept everyone in order. I really liked how you had all of the same people in every single class for all three years. By the end of 8th grade you are like one big family! Another thing I like about it was how all the 6th graders were seperated from the rest of the school. The had a completely seperate building. But now I believe that the 8th graders are like that instead of the 6th graders. The teachers also try to make the drama as minimal as possible. At lunch boys and girls sit on seperate sides of the cafeteria and you cannnot get up unless you have permission.The teachers are also amazing teachers! I only had one bad teacher, which was my P.E. teacher, so it wasn't a huge deal. The only thing I didn't like is how we were not prepared for high school. Since we they were so strict on rules, it was a bit of a shock when we got to high school. If you go to Wolfson you are fine, it is pretty much the same, but if you go to a different school, it is overwhelming for the first few weeks, since you have so much freedom. But overall, it was a good school and I would reccomend it to any middle schoolers.

Posted March 24, 2010
see i am a student at duPont middle and the teachers are nice, but the kids are like crazy monkeys with there head cut off. its so much drama. i still like dupont so come.

Alfred I. Dupont Middle School 5

Posted March 11, 2010
I love the teachers effort and the hardships that teachers have to go threw for us students and they have to have the same effort for all students they treat all the students the same and they show that they care in various wats in other areas students have to make a choice have a positive attitude for the people that care and teach you what you need to know to get our diploma!!

Alfred I. Dupont Middle School
2710 Dupont Avenue, Jacksonville, FL  32217
Last modified Alfred I. Dupont Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alfred I. Dupont Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top