765 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 11, 2016
I do not feel it promotes fairness. There is a lot of bullying going on in this school. And when a child reaches their breaking point and reacts after numerous times of telling the teacher and nothing happens, then it is he who gets in trouble for reacting to the deliberate attacks from a bully. In which the teacher will blindly say I didn't see the attack occur I saw you.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 11, 2016
I strongly disagree. This school is too busy writing referrals than referring kids to a mentor programs. Teachers have no compassion for what kind of stress the child maybe enduring at home. They just know they better have it together before they get in their classroom.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 11, 2016
The Vice Principle Mrs. Davis does not show compassion to none of her students. She seems more concerned with sending them to an alternative school or out of school suspension. She doesn't offer solutions. That's her solution to everything issp.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 11, 2016
To the teachers with the after school program. We really appreciate you. From a working mother with a busy schedule you are god sent. You teach the kids structure and integrity. With out your guidance and structure these kids would be lost. You give the student something to look forward to after a long day of school. Your help with homework and work studies definitely improved my child the most. You motivate the students to look forward in their future and your services is well appreciated......!

Alfred I. Dupont Middle School 1

Posted August 06, 2014
Don't bring your kids there ghetto kids here. I am a black student I went there in 2012-2013. All my strong values life when I attended DuPont. Foul mouth students are out of control. The teachers have no control over the students there in the classroom. Attending this school was the worst school I could attend in 2012-2013 I will not ask anyone to attend DuPont. I graduated 8th grade last year. There always fights they have no control. The teachers and principals want the tittle but they can't handle the job. I am a 9th grade student who going to high school this school year.

Posted August 14, 2013
I haven't been to many public schools before. 6th grade was my first year in the government education system. Compared to my last school, this place is actually pretty good. However, it's far too strict. From what I know though, there are three types of public schools: overly strict ones, overly loose ones, and the ones in between. I bet there are some amazing public schools out there, but this isn't one. They take gender seperation way too far and some teachers don't seem to really be teaching the kids there much of anything. There's this one Math teacher that gives out candy like it's the day after Halloween and nobody came to his house. I'm going to this school for 7th Grade, but I don't plan on going for 8th if I can get out of it.

Posted July 24, 2013
The school is horrible. I found it boring because I am the type of person who liks to change things up once in a while and it seemed like it was the same thing every day. personally I would go to an other school in Jacksonville. Although I made plenty of good friends. I didn't like it. The teachers were ok. the staff like the janitor and other people were pricks. And Ms.Davis was the biggest biotch I ever met. I asked to go to the bathroom and I got suspended for three days for talking in the office. I HATE DUPONT

Alfred I. Dupont Middle School 2

Posted February 20, 2013
I went to this school for sixth grade before I moved to CA. The school is very strict on everything. I mean the school is ridiculous. The gender separation and all. I almost felt like I lived in those Islamic countries. But, I believe it's all for our safety. But, if someone from another school or state came to this school they wouldn't be able to stand in here for even a day! There's also a Sheriff in the school. The teachers are good. Nothing with the staff or anything, the problem is with the students and the stupid rules. Bullying, drama, bad behavior, maybe thievery, not paying attention, not completing homeworks, dress code, and etc. Trust me, there's a lot more to say!

Alfred I. Dupont Middle School 2

Posted February 02, 2013
I'm a student here and really disappointed in almost all of the teachers I have. I am in 6th grade and in lunch we're separated into different tables. Boys on one side and Girls on one side and it's like we're not going to do anything. The rules are strict and time outs we have are kind of ridiculous because they are for 3 year old and we should just be sent to the office if we miss behave like any other school we do. In the morning after we get off the bus the girls are sent to the auditorium and the boys are sent to the gym. What is the point of that? Why can't we go to our lockers in the middle of the day? What if we forget something in there that is really important? Some teachers really don't care about their students like how one kid in my class got injured and started crying but the teacher didn't care at all. Thank you for reading.

Posted January 10, 2013
Im i a current 8th grader in dupont middle school, i have been there since 6th grade. Dupont is a good school overall. Perhaps bullying is a big problem. I was bullied several times and i am one of those persons who don't just let this go. I went several times to guidance and tell them but the only thing the did was talk to the student which didn't solve the problem at al perhaps make it worse. Some teachers are the best like ms. havlykke, mr. combs, ms.royce and some other but some of them seem like they go to school to sit on their desk and eat snacks (Im not going to mention names) DuPont had great programs but due to lack of funds theyc cut out all the electives (no art, music etc). It has an ESOL program that is for kids for other languages is special class that focuses on teaching mainly english. Some staff are rude and dont help at all one of those administrators need to be kicked out like now is making the school go downhill. The new principal ms. barnwell is very nice she even opened a book club and has done a lot so far. i hope the school gets better

2710 Dupont Avenue, Jacksonville, FL  32217
Last modified Alfred I. Dupont Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.