765 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Agree

for me yes but for students that travel in clicks maybe not

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

they used to promote rap battles in the cafeteria as a way for kids to "express" themselves, it was lit though

Amount of homework: Neutral

i had a good amount of homework when i went there.

I went to this school all three years. I had moved from kentucky to florid,a and this was the closest school to where i was staying. At first, i didnt like the school, i was complaining all the time about fights and kids always wanting to fight me. however, this school was a major part of my life, made me who i am today. i will say it is all about who you surround yourself with at this school.being there for three years got me to know most of the students. discovered sports i wanted to do. also helped me get into honors writing, though this piece isnt that well put together. i graduated from this school back in 2014. im a junior in highschool now, going on tour to a military school in VA, to become an engineer and serve this nation for sometime.thank you for reading this. and if a student sees this shout out mrs. bean-pinkney for me.

I am a student at DuPont and I would say it is okay.

The students are out of line, unruly, and uncontrollable. The teachers have no discipline and there is no order in the classroom. This school is a pathetic joke. Very sad.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I do not feel it promotes fairness. There is a lot of bullying going on in this school. And when a child reaches their breaking point and reacts after numerous times of telling the teacher and nothing happens, then it is he who gets in trouble for reacting to the deliberate attacks from a bully. In which the teacher will blindly say I didn't see the attack occur I saw you.

Don't bring your kids there ghetto kids here. I am a black student I went there in 2012-2013. All my strong values life when I attended DuPont. Foul mouth students are out of control. The teachers have no control over the students there in the classroom. Attending this school was the worst school I could attend in 2012-2013 I will not ask anyone to attend DuPont. I graduated 8th grade last year. There always fights they have no control. The teachers and principals want the tittle but they can't handle the job. I am a 9th grade student who going to high school this school year.

I haven't been to many public schools before. 6th grade was my first year in the government education system. Compared to my last school, this place is actually pretty good. However, it's far too strict. From what I know though, there are three types of public schools: overly strict ones, overly loose ones, and the ones in between. I bet there are some amazing public schools out there, but this isn't one. They take gender seperation way too far and some teachers don't seem to really be teaching the kids there much of anything. There's this one Math teacher that gives out candy like it's the day after Halloween and nobody came to his house. I'm going to this school for 7th Grade, but I don't plan on going for 8th if I can get out of it.

The school is horrible. I found it boring because I am the type of person who liks to change things up once in a while and it seemed like it was the same thing every day. personally I would go to an other school in Jacksonville. Although I made plenty of good friends. I didn't like it. The teachers were ok. the staff like the janitor and other people were pricks. And Ms.Davis was the biggest biotch I ever met. I asked to go to the bathroom and I got suspended for three days for talking in the office. I HATE DUPONT

Last modified Alfred I. Dupont Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.