Kenneth City, FL
Students enrolled: 1,750

Posted September 18, 2014
I like this school the second best ive been to only because i had so many close livelt friends at one i went to for two years i havent been to any school for too long but this one is good exceptthe controlling teachers i dont like being controlled ive been to many strict schools with less things you are allowed but ive never felt so criticized in my life. One teacher made me cry roday ive never been so humiliated in my life heisnt very nice in general not saying a name but he seriously needs better communication skills hes not very friendly i dont feel i belong in his class i feel he personally hates me i dont think ive mwt such a rude person in my life i had a really nice teacher here he cares so much for me in my first period class it makes me happy but then i got crushed in the other guys class why did i thought people who like animals are friendlybut clearly not i thought i had very friendly teachers who loved me at the school i went to before this one. But i dont feel so much love here by the teachers but i do the students like i cant enjoy it if a teacher makes me cry.

Posted June 18, 2014
We were so pleased with our child's experience as a freshman at Dixie Hollins this past year. He was part of the Cambridge program, which offered him great, stimulating classes that are as good as any IB or AP classes, and perhaps better. His class in the Graphic Arts magnet program was amazing. He learned so much and was inspired to stay after school frequently to work on independent projects with other graphic arts students and the teacher, who gave willingly and unselfishly of his time. My high praise goes to Dr, Evans, the relatively new principal, who is doing amazing things at this high school. I believe it is a school to watch, and that the "4" rating it currently has will change soon. There's still a rough element there, but if your child is part of Cambridge and/or one of the other magnets and is a motivated student, s/he will do just great!

Posted December 15, 2013
Dixie offers a variety of classes which is great. You don't need to be in Cambridge to take their courses, you can take AP, Honor, whatever. Dixie is getting better and better, we are improving and soon we'll probably be an A school :)

Posted October 18, 2010
I love the wonderful teachers and the ROTC program.. Our pricipal Mr. Evans is such an enthusiastic person and so supported of all the students.

Posted October 18, 2010
This school and staff are making a huge turn-around. My kids love this high school, it has many different choices. My son wanted to drop out after attending another high school. After enrolling him at Dixie, he is on track to graduate and has a renewed interest and looks forward to school. The teachers have been great.

Posted November 25, 2009
I'm a Freshman at Dixie and I love it. I think it's one of the best Pinellas County High Schools there are. Some people look down on Dixie for its low test scores and laid back environment, but they're really working hard to improve that. There are a select few teachers I believe shouldn't work here, because they try TOO hard to improve the school by buckling down 100% in their classrooms. And one teacher, my favorite teacher, who has basically no rules, is the teacher with the most respect. I think any child here would love it. It's incredibly easy to make friends, and there's a diverse group of people. Definitely send your kids here. The only con I have is lunch. All the students having the same lunch makes it very crowded, and as a result of that you have to wait for a while to get food. =/

Posted August 16, 2009
I love dixie :) im a sophomore this year and my freshman year was amazing thanks to marching band the music program is amazing :)

Posted March 23, 2009
I actually like this school. My daughter is an honor student and is very happy at Dixie. She did not want to go to her neighborhood high school because of all the fights and cliques. She feels much safer here because of the outdoor layout. She says kids are monitored by specialists in golf carts and get to where a scene might happen very quickly. Socially, there seem to be fewer problems at this school.

Posted February 09, 2009
This school has an outstanding learning environment! When my parents signed me up for Dixie Hollin, I thought that I was going to hate my highschool years. Though this is what I went into my freshmen year believing, I was mistakes. Thank you Dixie staff and students for making school memories so great and new friends so easy to make!

Posted December 10, 2008
My daughter has been going to Dixie Hollins for almost 3 years. I believe it is an amazing school. Ever since she started attending this school, her grades have improved along with her responcibility. She also has had much less drama then the high school i pulled her out of. Teachers at dixie are very on top of things, and helpful in the learning environment. My next 2 children will both go to dixie. I hope your child is lucky enough to have this experience!

Dixie M. Hollins High School
4940 62nd Street North, Kenneth City, FL  33709
Last modified Dixie M. Hollins High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dixie M. Hollins High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top