800 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Love the teachers, they are excellent at teaching but also really good people. The new principal seems to be full of ideas to improve the school. The office staff are outstanding.

Be ready for for the worst school you can imagine! There are 3 teachers I can say are there to teach care and love your child! Now be ready to protect your child from the unjust of the woman running the school and the teachers that follow her!

Keystone Elementary is an excellent school. The teachers are so good and the students excel. I would recommend it to anyone.

I agree with you! There are many more issues but I would be here all day! They don't act like care it's all an act and a paycheck for them. And for that is why I would tell anyone to really pray if they have to put there kids in this school!

I have two children that attend this school and they love it.

As a parent of a child with ADHD who attends KHES, I know it can be very trying for teachers when the children are constantly on the go. I am concerned when the children get labeled as troublemakers. I do believe that teachers would greatly benefit if they were taught some different strategies from professionals that specialize in ADHD in children.

I am a parent of a child who has attended KHES the past 5 years. The teachers are very devoted tot he students. I could not be more pleased with my child's experiences over these last few years. There are many extra curricular activities to be involved in for the students. There is a news team, safety patrol, math teams, GREEN team, just to name a few. The school is a wonderful learning environment for the kids and there is a lot of parental involvement. I feel the principal is not very visible however.

KHES is one of the best schools I have been involed with. Not only is the principal and VP visibible but they know the kids by name and are raising their families in the school as well. I have never seen a more dedicated group of teachers and staff. For a small town on the out skirts of the county they do more than most large elementary schools. We have concerts on the green, speing festivals, 6th gr. dances and graduation. The school has an enviromental club, the 'Green Team,' and teaches positive character traits. Overall it is a wonderful place, quite like Mayberry! I can't say enought about KHES!

Correction on 8/28/2007 entry. The principal is almost always visible. The is usually where parents pick up the kids or in the bus area before and after school. The kids can usually have any folder they want, depends in the teacher and who cares. Belts are not required. There are some portables but there is no difference between those and a regular class. Where aren't there portables these days. It is a great school with alot of parent involvement in the classroom if you wish. There is PTA and it is a wonderful school. You get out of it what you as parents put into it.

I am a grandmother raising two grandaughters, grades 6 and 4, who have attended KHES since kindergarten. I have nothing but praise for the school. I feel the teachers care about the kids not just getting a paycheck. If I don't understand something the school requires , such as the color of folders required, the types of back pack etc. all I have to do is call and someone will explain it to me. There is always a reasonable explaination for everything. I have never had a hard time communicating with anyone , teachers, pricipal, or other staff. As far as the portables, a kid can learn in a portable the same as a regular class room

Last modified Keystone Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.