1,144 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son was attacked in PE class by another child. The administration refused to transfer my child out of PE and the principal told me, "When you have 1,100 kids under one roof with different family values you have to expect 'conflict." The assistant principal tried to blame my child who was the victim of a crime saying that the violent child did not like the way my son was guarding him, thus seemingly condoning that it is okay to attack another student during play. My child is a 6th grader and was mixed with higher levels during PE with no supervision, the teachers were no where in sight when the attack occurred. The incident was terrible and the administration's response even worse.

The nickname for this school is "hood lands". Many fights at this school, unruly kids that no one can handle and the curriculum and teachers are substandard. My kid got the wrong education here.

There are a few good Teachers at Woodland Middle ,however their Office Staff is absolutely horrible. ! Hope and pray that there are no incidents with your child because if you call anyone you won't get anywhere at all . They will cover up and hide and go around in circles but you will get nowhere ! It falls on deaf ears. Don't waste your time do what I did gave them the review they deserve because they just don't care. Don't try to contact the Principal , you have better luck reaching Obama! Please try to get your child in another school if you have the opportunity. I refused to let my daughter go there and I thank the lord that my son is almost out !!!

My child is very happy to attend this school because there are so many nice teachers, children, and staff. My child says "Its super easy to make friends because they like anyone they see". The reason i did'nt rate this school 5 stars because on the bus some children are yelling, cursing, throwing around paper,but nothing out of the norm. I recomend this school beacause its very cool and has so many after-school activites. Cooking, Step Team, Cheer Squad, Soccer Team,Track, Dance Team, Football,and Diversity Club.

My daughter is going to this school for year, and she likes the school and the teachers. She feels she is learning and she gets a good treatment of the entire team at school.

I have gone to woodlands for a year now. I have received death threats from other girls and been bullied on the bus. it got so bad my parents had to start bringing me to school. there are so many fights. the teachers are amazing but the principles would not help when my parents told them about the situation. I honestly hate going to school now because of the rumors that have been spread about me. the only reason I want to go to school is because of my very few friends. Just let me say, every day gets harder.

Our son has started his first year at Woodlands and we couldn't be happier! The staff and administration are all willing to help. They have PTO and SAC meetings monthly and are open for anyone to attend. My son has teachers who challenge him and as he says "get us kids."They challenge but also respect the kids as well. We have not heard any stories of bullying. His elementary school is a feeder school into Woodlands and all classmates have adjusted well and have no issues. We feel very fortunate to have such a great middle school for our home school! Thanks Woodlands!

My daughter has been in this school for 2 years and when she comes home all I hear are stories about how there was a fight or a student yelling at a teacher or a teacher being rude to a student or a teacher punching a walk then blaming it on a student. The only reason she wants to stay at this school for her friends. I would not like to recommend this school to anyone.

Great First Nine Weeks! Excellent communication with the teachers via email when my daughter was out for a day. "Wish Pre-Med class was longer", from my daughter. Thanks Woodlands

This is my son's final year at Woodlands and he has been and still is very happy there. With him being accepted into the "pre-med" program definitely added to his enjoyment and as parents we have been amazed at the knowledge he is gaining. This program definitely has added to the attractiveness of the school. There has been a strict dress code which we've found to be a positive however this year the dress code relaxed somewhat with the students being able to hang shirt outside their shorts and increased color choices, of which I have not been a fan. We have not heard of any bullying at the school and only of one incident with 2 boys on the bus. An improvement to the interior grounds, especially the inner courtyard, by planting shrubs / tree's etc. is needed as is unattractive. Academically the school is meeting our expectations and providing a safe and enjoyable student environment. I recommend the school and know without hesitation my son does too.

Last modified Woodlands Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.