Lake Worth, FL

Posted May 19, 2014
My son never learned the conventional way. He was always a vast reader and preferred to learn by teaching himself. Wanting a high school diploma and not being the conventional "cookie cutter" student, he attended Dibacco School where he learned at his own pace and flourished! He graduated from this phenomenal school and is now entering a renowned college. Dibacco is an excellent institution which opens its door to students of all kinds and abilities, offering an outstanding education to the gifted, struggling or non-conventional learner. Achille and Jaime run a first class school!!

Posted May 17, 2013
This is a great school. My Parents asked me if I would like to go knowing they were getting a divorce. I had a few friends at the school and they seemed to love it! The minute I walked in the door I felt welcome. I was greeted by teachers who cared how I learned and by fellow students there to get a great education. When we needed a break for the most part we took it. We were quickly ushered in if we took too long. If we needed help we could ask and get one on one with teachers. If you were not feeling well you could take work home. As I went through a rough time with my family life, school was also a safe place to be heard and cared about. Some of the best advice I still remember! I graduated in 1996 and often would come back to see my teachers who ended up being friends. There is more I could say about the school in the-little time I have now.... It would be a great school for anyone from the gifted to the wild teens who just need more! I even saw a few people going back to get a diploma after a few years off. Why wait go and check out the school for yourself. Now, I am a successful Esthetician working at a medical spa in Northern Va. and in Palm Beach for the winters.

Posted November 16, 2012
I am a graduate of Dibacco. While I was attending one of the local public schools I was unable to get any one on one time to help in areas that I was having difficulty with. So at the end of the school year my mother and I talked and decided to take me out of the public system and enroll me in DiBacco. I completed 2 years of school in one. That's because I was able to get the one on one help that I needed. I worked very hard to make that goal happen and they helped me every step of the way. They actually cared, where the public system gets to caught up in politics and testing. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Posted October 07, 2012
I wanted to get on here to give my review. I am a former student of DiBacco. I was 15 and had attened a private school, after almost a year we found out that this school was unaccredited and the idea of repeating a year in the public school did not appeal to me. After some research we found DiBacco and did our research before we gave it a try. I would not be where I am today if it were not for the DiBacco family. My mother was a hard working single mom and they allowed us to pay a reduced amount and I cleaned the school in the evenings (can you think of many other people that have hearts that big? I can't !). Where am I now you ask? I married my high school sweetheart I have 3 daughters 15, 18, 20 and am in the Nursing Program. I waited 20 years to further my education but had no problem doing so :) Achille DiBacco like his parents (founders of the school) has kept up with all of our transcripts all of these years and gladly mailed it to SC where I live to the school I was trying to attend. I got in and have been plugging away since 2008. I am not sure about the 1 bad review they got but I will tell you that I worked harder then I ever had to make-up my credits and graduated.

Posted October 07, 2012
A BIG HELLO TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE READING THIS REVEIW RIGHT NOW.I AM A GRADUATE OF THE DIBACCO SCHOOL,AND I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE MY EXPERIANCE WITH YOU,I ATTENDED A CATHOLIC SCHOOL FOR 9 YEARS WHERE YOU SHARE A CLASS WITH THE SAME PEOPLE EVERY DAY, I WAS AN HONOR STUDENT,PATROL,SOFTBALL,BASKETBALL,ETC,WE WERE THE 8TH GRADERS WHO GRADUATED IN "86'.WE WERE ALL SET TO WALK OUT INTO THE BIG WORLD WE CALL "HIGH SCHOOL" I JUST COULDNT ADJUST AND SKIPPED 12 WEEKS IN A ROW,I MEAN THERE WAS NO HELP FROM THE TEACHERS WHO JUST WANTED THAT BELL TO RING,ANYWAYI WAS DEPRESSED JUST KNOWING I WAS GONNA BE A YEAR BEHIND. THEN I WAS INTRODUCED TO THE DIBACCO,IT WAS BECAUSE OF THEM I WAS THE GRADUATING CLASS OF "1989" THERE WAS NO BULLYING,HEAVY BOOKS TO CARRY,YOU HAVE YOUR CHOICE OF HOW SOON YOU WANT TO GRADUATE, THE TEACHERS WORK WITH YOU 1 ON 1 SO YOU CAN LEARN AND UNDER STAND THE MATERIAL,I KNOW IT SOUNDS 2 GOOD TO BE TRUE BUT HERE IS WHERE IT GETS BETTER. THIS SCHOOL IS EXEMPT FROM F-CAT & SAT TESTING AND THE SCHOOL OPENS AT 9AM AND CLOSES AT 1PM FRIDAYS YOUR OUT BY 12PM CAN U BEAT THAT DIDNT THINK SO THE TIME IS NOW CHECK IT OUT.NO DISAPPOINTMENTS

Posted October 07, 2012
My sister went to Dibacco school and I needed some help with math. Achille DiBacco sat down with me for about two hours and explained and showed me how to do this problem. Achille helped me when no one else would.

Posted September 18, 2012
Don't kmow how it is now, but back in 1980 when learning disabilities were an unknown this was the only school that I could excell at. The individual instruction/attention and caring family atmosphere made the difference. Since then I have excelled in everything that I have attempted and retired at the age of 47. If I stayed in public school I would have most likely drooped out and ended up in jail. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Class of 1982

Posted August 07, 2012
I am a Graduate of DiBacco and I am so thankful for the School and Staff. We moved back to Florida near the end of my Sophmore year in High School. I was an A/B student, a Football player and an Adjunct Computer teacher in my previous school. I was not prepared for the conditions within the Palm Beach County Public School system. The lack of Acedemic emphasis coupled with the indifference by both students and teachers was something I was ill prepared for. I quickly became fed up with the Jr. High School curriculum and Prison atmospher at North Shore HS and was preparing to quit school. Thankfully, my Parents refused to accept the low standards of the PBC Public School System or my new attitude toward school. They found DiBacco and insisted that I visit the School and meet the Staff. I was a bit skeptical at first but quickly became interested again. The DiBacco staff insisted that I complete the assignments but always found ways to keep me interested. I owe all my subsequent success to the encouragement and mindset gained at DiBacco. Dibacco Saved me and now I'm working on my Masters Degree. I reccommend Dibacco to anyone who thinks School should be about LEARNING.

Posted July 26, 2012
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. William Butler Yeats I can attest that my desire to learn was cultivated at DiBacco School. DiBacco School not only recognized my unique learning characteristics, but also provided me with tools to become a life long learner. Schools often approach instructional practice with a one size fits all philosophy failing to recognize the unique learning style, interest, or readiness level of each student. Thus resulting in a misalignment of instruction to the needs of the student. This leads to academic failure to thrive where students become disengaged, disinterested and apathetic towards learning. Fortunately, DiBacco recognizes the student s unique learning characteristics. The founder of the school often stated that the responsibility for education began with the student and their desire to learn. Therefore, instructional practices developed that enhanced student s curiosity and desire for learning. Attending DiBacco High School was not only a privilege, but also a major contributor to my success by providing me the tools to be a life long learner.

Posted June 10, 2012
I am so happy I found this school! My child was completely lost and distraught in public school. Now his attitude toward school is completely positive. A 100% change! His teachers treat him with respect and show real concern for his well-being, both as a student and as a person. He is happy and learning every day.

Dibacco School