Posted October 21, 2014
Now that we got our child out of this school I am all but eager to share my utter disdain for it. Reverse discrimination stemming from the top? Check. "Self Defense Zero Tolerance" policy? Check. My child was tormented at this school by a bunch of emboldened punks who, as any sane human being knows, find comfort within this ridiculous policy that threatens the safety of good kids everyday. Meanwhile, the kids who are trying to NOT get in trouble are literally expected to stand there and get there heads beat in. I will NEVER forget during Orientation the first words to come out of one teachers mouth were "You do NOT hit back. There is no such thing as self defense here." I stood in utter shock at this lunacy being drilled into my kids head. I SO wanted to see if that same policy applied to the adults as well. Within 90 days of hearing this garbage, my child was (for the first time in our child's life) being fully victimized (shocker) by the gutless punks who really run that School under the full protection of It's own policies. . Meanwhile, we got steady "disciplinary" calls from the office for the most ridiculous things like "laughing in a manner that was disruptive".

Lakeland Highlands Middle School 4

Posted October 20, 2014
A lot of people would say that this is not the school to go to and that you should go to Lawton Chiles. Believe me I was really scared about coming there in 6th grade, but now I'm in my last year and I'll have to say that this school is not as bad as it seems. I've done fine and all the kids have there own groups that they fit into. No one is left out. Don't be afraid to send your child to this school because despite what other people say it's a pretty good school. Take from a student that has been there for almost 3 years now. :)

Posted April 21, 2013
Teachers falling asleep in their classrooms and the kids locked outside because they can't get into the classrooms. For years I atteded gatherings listening to the inhibriated teaching staff talk about what was really going on in this school. It was not good to say the least. To listen to the staffs characterazation of the students and other staffmembers was disturbing. I had a School District psychologist tell me she would never send her children there. The current principal is a bright note.

Posted June 16, 2011
I was a past student at this school. Lakeland Highlands was the worst school that I ever attended. The students that attended this school when I was in the 8th grade here were so horrible that I only went to this school one year and never returned. I was tormented, harrassed, and assaulted by the horrid students that went to this school back then in the 8th grade. It seems from a few of these posts that it hasn't gotten any better. Nothing has changed. The students are still terrible. I would never recommend this school to any child or parent nor would I send my own kids there.

Posted May 15, 2011
My son attends this school and is finishing 8th grade. He has been diagnosed with aspergers which makes it hard for him to fit in socially. Anyway because he said something he shouldn't have - told a boy he would hurt him if he didn't stay away from a girl he liked - he was suspended for 3 days, could not participate in the talent show, could not go to Bush Gardens with the rest of the 8th grade and we are waiting for a decision on whether he can go to Disney World at the end of the month. Yes what he did was wrong but I certainly do not feel the punipunishment fits the crime

Posted February 03, 2011
I really don't understand how this school can get an A rating. My daughter is in 6th grade there and she is constantly complaining about the disruptive students. One of her classes has had 3 different teachers and none of them able to control the classroom. She said one of her teachers was in tears the other day due to the students and the music teacher is always yelling because no one can hear him. My daughter does seem to be learning although I'm not sure how. The teachers seem to care and try hard but there are just too many problem students.

Lakeland Highlands Middle School 5

Posted March 01, 2010
I love my schooland i think that it si an amazing school

Posted January 04, 2010

Lakeland Highlands Middle School 5

Posted December 19, 2009
I'm an 8th grade student here. I love my school. We have sports again, which is great, and keeps a lot of kids busy and out of trouble. the electives are awesome, I'm in Chorus 3 and Orchestra. Our musical this year os Suessucal Jr. and we're all really excited about that.The teachers are good.

Lakeland Highlands Middle School 0

Posted June 21, 2009
I don't really think this school is high up there and as advanced as Mckeel Academy.

Lakeland Highlands Middle School
740 Lake Miriam Drive, Lakeland, FL  33813
Last modified Lakeland Highlands Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeland Highlands Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top