Lakeland, FL

Valleyview Elementary School 1

Posted January 16, 2013
We have been at this school for my child's 2nd 3rd 4th grade years. I also find the staff unfriendly and uncooperative. Teachers and office staff. They are only worried about FCAT scores.NOT the overall well being of the child or if they are struggling and or retaining information and need help . Calls are not returned promptly. Complete lack of compassion for each child's individual needs. You must fit into a perfect square box here. I can not get out of this school fast enough. I have talked to several other moms with the same experience as my self and mentioned below. This school is NOT what it portrays to be AT ALL!

Posted October 24, 2012
I need to know about what I can do for my son's school photographs, thanks for your time.

Posted May 31, 2012
With my kids coming from a private school setting, I was very concerned about them going to ANY public school. But, I have been very happy and pleased with Valleyview. Everyone there is very helpful. Having children with learning struggles, the administration, the staff and the teachers took a first-hand approach to helping my children succeed. More so than the magnet school did or the private school did. When I have requested meetings, they have been scheduled timely and I've always been invited to attend the follow-ups. Their focus on FCAT is not the school's fault but the fault of the Florida DOE and No Child Left Behind Act. They do everything within their power to ensure that their students get a good education and are well-rounded with Art, Music, Science, PE and extra-curriculars like chorus. I think the school is wonderful and have been very pleased with my experience.

Valleyview Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2011
My first impression was that I found the office staff and prinicipal rather cold and uncooperative, I chalked it up to them just having a bad day but a yr later unfortunately the first impression stands. Teacher parent communication is discouraged to the point of being dismissive, the main concern is only FCAT scores not the overall learning experience, Arts are ignored and barely any extracurricular activities. Dissapointing experience.

Posted June 03, 2009

Valleyview Elementary School 0

Posted March 06, 2009
My initial response to this school was that it puts way too much pressure on parents and students for FCAT (just to keep their A status). I was not impressed by my child's teacher at first but after several meeting with her she has shown she does want what is best for my child, as for the school itself I still feel they are not as friendly as they appear to be, and academics is their only concern. The child in whole should be their priority not their standings! The 'Arts' is not considered and that is very sad to see. I would not recommend this school.

Posted July 09, 2008
In the aftermath of Katrina we came to Lakeland more than halfway through the school year. We were worried that our son would not adjust well to a new school as he was having some post traumatic stress and seperation issues. It was a tough time for him. When we registered him at Vallyview we let the staff and principal know what was going on. They were amazing ! They took him around and told him about the school and asked him questions. They didn't pity him or let on what they knew. On his first day of school they were ready when we arrived. We called ahead to let them know he was already in tears. They took it from there. He had a great day and made friends quickly. It was all uphill from there. We are eternally grateful and highly recommend this school.

Posted May 27, 2008
We moved here in the middle of the school year and our first thought was this place it too structured. We read reviews and worried too much emphasis was placed on testing and academics. We have been so pleased with our sons progress. He is challenged and has advanced his reading level by 3 grades in 8 months. His teacher is always prepared and happy to answer any quesions or address any concerns. We are so happy we did not let the few negative reviews affect our decision. This is an amazing school and we feel our son is safe and well cared for.

Valleyview Elementary School 0

Posted March 04, 2008
This school has been wonderful for my children. I thought it would be overwhelming for my son entering kindergarten because of the school's size, but he's adjusted very well. The teachers are tough and caring at the same time which means a lot. I love this school and don't won't my kids going to any other.

Posted February 01, 2008
Principal, Staff, Teachers, Alpha program...in one word, fantastic! I am amazed that this is a public school and could not have picked better if I had unlimited resources. Safety, progressive education, computer resources, clean, Alpha program, Chess Club, friendly, involved, structured in the most positive manner, and challenging to the average child. I would gladly pay to send our son here. I give Valleyview my highest recommendation!

Valleyview Elementary School
2900 East County Road 540A, Lakeland, FL  33813
Last modified Valleyview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valleyview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top