Public charter
Land O'Lakes, FL
Before care: Yes

Imagine School at Land O Lakes 4

Posted December 04, 2014
We are new to Imagine this year... The good: ~Small classes- 17 kids per class ~Specialized teachers- 2 teachers pair per grade; one teaches reading/social studies and the other math/science. The kids spend 1/2 the day with each teacher. I love this because they get 2 different styles of instruction AND the instructors become "experts" in their subject fields. ~Collaborative staff- The teachers plan as a team and since there are only 4 instructors per grade, there is a lot of team collaboration happening. ~Behaviors- we came from a public school where my child was exposed to disruptive and inappropriate behaviors on a regular basis. We have not seen ANY of those types of issues at Imagine. ~Community- Within the first weeks we felt more connected than we ever had at our public school Concerns: ~Rigor- Is it enough? That's a question for ALL schools facing Common Core so we are watching to see how the year goes ~Activities- the only special my kids have had is PE. They promised that there will be an additional specials teacher hired by January so fingers crossed. Imagine has lots of potential. We have high hopes as we continue in our year!

Posted December 04, 2014
I had the privilege to teach with this wonderful staff this year. There is an amazing sense of community and kindness here that I have not often seen in my 20 year career. The students echo their kind teachers making it a truly wonderful place with an amazing leadership team running Imagine. The principal is an ALL-STAR, and I will miss her and the staff very much. If you have a choice as a parent, I would choose Imagine for my child. :)

Imagine School at Land O Lakes 1

Posted September 13, 2014
My son attended this school for 1st grade. We had a horrible experience. They sent home 20 pages of Math homework, too much for a little 1st grader. They don't teach in this school, we had to get a tutor. There's a lot of favoritism no equal opportunity. They don't concentrate in academics and there were too many field trips in one school year. This school had a lot of non-sense activities, crazy hair & crazy socks day. This school was a total disappointment. Just because it s a good area doesn t mean it s a good school. Not everything that shines is gold. If you enroll your children in this school Good Luck & bless your heart.

Posted September 13, 2014
Unlike the other parents who report too many activities and not enough education, my children have had an amazing school experience. The teachers are caring and communicate well. We've received emails sharing praise (and notes with some growth goals too) which make us feel a part of the learning. I'm involved and offer my time. I believe this builds better relationships. While it might not be for everyone, there is something to be said about a 90% student return rate. ( all of this information is available online)

Imagine School at Land O Lakes 1

Posted August 04, 2014
I will not be re-enrolling my daughter at Imagine School, they don't teach in this school, I had to pay for tutoring. They have too many activities and they don't concentrate in academics. This school is a disappointment.

Posted July 31, 2014
Imagine staff care about their students. In response to the negative comment about teachers not teaching, this is completely untrue. All staff are here because they want to be. It's no surprise that teachers make a low salary. However, you will see dedicated and energetic teachers at this school. They truly love their job and children and it shows.

Posted July 12, 2014
We love Imagine School at Land O Lakes because of its focus on character. It was what lead me to send my children there. students are recognized for their positive character traits. Character is just as important as academic achievement. They have also grown some much academically. If they need extra help, they are given the attention. On the other hand, when needed, they have had opportunities to be challenged. I am confident that when my children leave Imagine they will be prepared academically, emotionally, and socially. This a great school with so much parent involvement!

Posted July 11, 2014
The teachers and staff are very caring and pay attention to the kids on a personal level than at regular public schools. The teachers would work during their free time to give extra help when needed, and were always on top of each child's progress. I was always welcome on campus to help in the classroom with anything their teachers needed. My kids never complained about going, even after having the luxury of being at home for so many years. Thank you for the smooth transition.

Imagine School at Land O Lakes 4

Posted June 22, 2014
We were new to this school this past year for middle school and can say we were pleasantly surprised. The curriculum seems good although would be nice if state of Florida would make up their mind. The teachers are interested in the education of the students and the students are for the most part well behaved and respectful of others. The school does have a few space issues but its organized and the parent involvement is good but could use a bit more parents to volunteer on a regular basis. Wish they had plans in the near future for a charter high school in the area.

Posted June 04, 2014
After 4 years, my daughter graduate from this school in 8th grade. My son did two years ago as well. Great principal, great teachers! Mrs. Kupchick, Mrs. Patel and Mrs Kilmer and Mrs Lojo; Thanks so much for being of my children education. Thanks for the emails, for your concern when their grades went down. I wish you the best in your life. God bless you and the Imagine School. You are the best Sincerely Giovanna

Imagine School at Land O Lakes
2940 Sunlake Boulevard, Land O'Lakes, FL  34638
Last modified Imagine School at Land O Lakes is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine School at Land O Lakes Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top