Lauderhill, FL
Students enrolled: 2,491

Piper High School 3

Posted November 01, 2013
I have attended Piper High all 4 years of my high school career and I have a lot to say about it. First off please do not feed into the rumors of Piper being ghetto or dangerous because it's neither of the two. Whatever happened in the past is definitely in the past. I also want to add that Piper is a school that is very community oriented. Most of the freshman students are already acquainted because they went to millennium or westpine together. This is not a school of much pride but we do however have a great band, chorus, and JROTC program. As far as education and teachers go I must say our science department SUCKS ! Last year I had two science class and no teacher in both of them! Everything else is quite well. We also have dual enrollment with FIU ON CAMPUS !!! That's great ! Education wise I say for the most part Piper is great! As far as fun goes it's who you know and what you make out of your time there. There's no bullies and the school is pretty diverse so you can fit in somewhere. Our Brace adviser is awesome. Guidance is pretty cool too. Sports ... eh. AP is really great here too. Now that i'm tying this i'm realizing how great Piper really is lol. Go Bengals ! lol

Posted July 28, 2013
Piper high school staff and teachers are horrible they do not care if you pass or not there is a hand full of teachers that actually care if you graduate

Posted September 07, 2012
piper high school has a small group of teachers that actually even care if you graduate or not. the administration group is horrible & rarely gives a student a chance to change his/her ways. you don't know what alot of students go through after 2:30! start caring for the student not your pay check. im done.

Piper High School 4

Posted August 01, 2012
They've inspired my son to do good work, and set good examples. They promote excellence in every way.

Piper High School 5

Posted August 01, 2012
its a wonderful school. I have 3 children whom i switched from private school, and found similar curiculum and school environment. All teachers are very well educated and make the fullest of efforts to teach the children.

Piper High School 5

Posted August 01, 2012
My son attended and graduated last year. He became a completely different person - focused, driven and hard working - during his tenure at Piper. I attribute it to strong and dedicated teachers at piper, who give up most of their free time to develop kids into successes - good parenting also plays an equal role here. Thank you Piper!

Piper High School 4

Posted April 07, 2012
Schools are what you make it! By the time you reach high school you have attended school for 8 years and should clearly understand the objective of attending high school. Piper may not be the best school but it helps those that help themselves. A student is only as strong and determined as as the environment the student was raised in. My son does fine a piper, and all of his friends seem to performing about the same as he is. No trouble, good grades, honors classes and active in sports

Piper High School 2

Posted September 24, 2011
I am responding 2 the comments made on june 8, 2011..You are correct in the terms that Piper is rdy 2 dismiss a troubled student. I should know. I was one back in 86-89.The same exacted thing. My mother was an active parent. Went 2 school several times for meetings.Mr Dupont was my vice dean. He really did try 2 help..but the school did not do much & Mrs.Harris a diff dean who loved 2 hold grudges did what she could to make it even harded for me & others like me. So 6 months b4 graduation I quit.That was after hard work 2 get my grades up & do what was asked.At every turn theres was another block 2 over come. No real help came from the guildance.They only helped & those that were college bound. Funny thing is I started out a preppy girl w/decent grds & ended on the wrong side.I often wonder if in 1986 then didnt bring all the bad kids from ELy,Dillard & other varoius schools if things would be diferent. Those that went 2 piper between 86-89 know what I mean..all of a sudden we had BLoods,Crips,Zulu Nation running around.Those of us that got wrapped in to any bad grp got ignored.Seems that piper havnt changed there pratice much.Tho they did get metal detectors. GO BENGALS!!

Piper High School 2

Posted August 14, 2011
Have found that the troubled youth sometimes when set on "right track to run on" can make some great Salesmen... I, myself included... I Have formed a new non-profit EPHOTinc (Not to be confused with EPCOT the attraction in Orlando) Environmental Prototype Homes of Tomorrow...Low Cost Solar Powered Micro Housing for Disaster Relief... Have a small group of Solar Consumer products for a Team of young Salespeople can make money for themselves while helping a NON Profit Organization. Something liken to Girl Scout's Cookie & Boy Scout's Magazine Subs... Alternative . e-mail me back if you think you may have good candidate for the team Thanks JD

Posted June 08, 2011
I personally did not think that Piper was encouraging. My son was a high school drop out, because Piper high school gave up on my son. All he needed was encouragement, the school was quick to kick him out of high school. He was in the 12th grade, and he was never left back. It was a disgrace on the part of the school. On the other hand, it was a great experience for my other son, which is a 11 months younger than my other son. He graduated Piper High school with honors. My son that was kicked out, they did not offer him any programs that was beneficial to my son. He should have been in a program that he could do home schooling. It is already too late to suggest this now, however, he went through an online school, which he completed with excellent grades. His grades were transferred from Piper to this online school. I think that Piper leaves you to believe that you do not have any choice, but to allow your child to drop out of school. By the way, this was over 5 and half years ago. my oldest son is almost 25 years of age. I felt that Piper should have had better programs set in place to save young people from having to be kicked out of high school.

Piper High School
8000 Northwest 44th Street, Lauderhill, FL  33351
Last modified Piper High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Piper High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 90 reviews. Top