Lehigh Acres, FL
Students enrolled: 1,155

Posted August 22, 2013
Our grandaughter goes to Sunshine! She is in the gifted program! We are very involved and we LOVE everything about this school!!! Patti Price

Sunshine Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2011
THE KIDS DON"T GET RECESS!!!! Administration needs to do their research! They care more about the FCAT than developing well rounded kids. Shame on you Dr Bishop No recess for young children is EDUCATIONAL MALPRACTICE

Sunshine Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
I appreciate the efforts that the teachers have made to instill confidence in my son to learn and want to read. He now reads all the time on his own and is proud of his grades and is willing to do the extra work. In addition, I applaud the teachers for allowing the parents to stay engaged in their children's education. Education does not stop when they come home but rather must continue with the parents. The school's use of technology is superb. Again, I appreciate the extra efforts they have put forth to instill the drive to succeed in my son!

Sunshine Elementary School 0

Posted February 05, 2010
OMG...I praise Sunshine Elementary...they have did such a wonderful job in educating my children....my oldest son have moved on to middle ..school were he continue to thrive...i have 2 more children attending this school....and they are doing very well also......the teachers genuinely care about the educating the kids...Ms Carter second grade teacher is the best....MS Hoyt kindergarten teacher really rocks....AND Ms Williams 5th grade math teacher never give up on the children....for any parent who is looking for a great start for their kids.....I say try Sunshine Elementary school.......

Posted December 23, 2009
Sunshine Elementary did a wonderful job with my daughter when she was there. Her teachers excelled in their profession, and now she is a straight A student and has been and now in her Junior year of high school! I attribute that to her teachers that gave her a great start for 5 years. Most of the teachers that were there then, are there now, so look forward to a an exceptional student if you have a child going to Sunshine!

Posted August 16, 2008
My daughter was stuggling in math and when I met with her teacher she offered to provide her with extra help 2 times a week . She allowed my daughter to use manipulatives to truly 'show' her how to solve problems instead of just teaching her to memorize rules. Thanks mrs.w for making my daughters 2nd grade year a joy!

Posted August 16, 2008
The 2nd grade team of teachers are wonderful! My kids enjoyed working with the teachers and the plan many activities together. The field day held by these ladys was a great idea and many parents showed up to help out.

Posted June 11, 2008

Sunshine Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2008
My son has been going to this school for a year. He was assigned to another school and I had to transfer him because this school was a better choice for us. We just relocated from the North and nothing compares to the schools where we came from. I feel down South they are more slower. The teachers rely on the parents to educate. You have to rely on the internet to get homework help and make your own sight words list to further educate your child for him or her to excel. Further with the cutbacks that is going on the teachers won't get a raise this year and now you have to rely on the parents to educate their kids.

Sunshine Elementary School 2

Posted September 06, 2007

Sunshine Elementary School
601 Sara Avenue North, Lehigh Acres, FL  33971
Last modified Sunshine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunshine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top