Lutz, FL

Posted October 27, 2014
My children started in this school and are flourishing! The teaching has been excellent and the engagement of the teachers has been just fantastic. I an a pretty involved parent and I work with public education in the state. Gotta say, Schwarzkopf is a a great place. Like anything else, the good news about schools today is that we as parents have options. We do need to take a minute to understand what educational structure or school will work best for our children and their specific needs, both educationally and emotionally. I think that as parents and as people who respond to comment on these forums, we have to make sure that we are separating our children's needs and a school's performance. For me, this school is excellent!

Schwarzkopf Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2014
It took me a long time to finally write this review, because I understand that there is good and bad in every school and not every parent/child's experience will be the same. However, after two years, I have come to the conclusion that this school is AVERAGE at best. It's not the worst, but it is far from a great experience for a child. I don't have enough room here to fully explain the whys and hows, but if you send your child here, I believe you will be in agreement on the following points: 1. Militant, robotic structure--meant to get kids to behave, but kills the nature of Kindergarteners and Grades 1-2. The chance for kids to be free (within reason) should be recess and lunchtime, but the controlling culture of this school destroys even those brief moments of release. The cafeteria staff are overzealous in their use of power to intimidate the kids. 2. Overemphasis on busywork instead of stimulating and inspiring naturally inquisitive minds. Less time micro-managing via 'behavior charting' /organizing colored folders/BOOSTERTHON, and more time actually teaching. 3. If your child has an issue, the fa ade is a listening one, but you are on your own. Wish I had more room....

Schwarzkopf Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2014
This school is substandard and sneaky with their grading-'good' kids are those considered as favorites by staff- We had severe issues wherein a disabled child was NOT taken seriously and maltreated by teachers in disbelief. We actually had CPS do an investigation of the matter, and chose to leave there and transfer to another much better school site with compassionate intelligence.

Posted May 24, 2014
I've had 2 children attend K-5th at Schwarzkopf, one "graduated" last year and the other this year. Overall I was very pleased with the school. On average the teachers administration very were good. I would recommend the school.

Posted March 04, 2014
Great school. My son has been there almost six years now and it has been a great experience for him. The teachers are kind and caring. It is a wonderful environment for the kids

Schwarzkopf Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2014
My child attended Schwarzkopf Elementary for a few years. I could not keep my child there one more year. The school was such a disappointment. They gave busy work in school and for homework. My child was far from excited to learn and was always bored. They do not challenge or motivate the "good" students. We are attending a different school now and my child has never been happier.

Posted January 08, 2014
This school is fantastic! I moved in from out of state a while ago and I have to say that the first school that my child went to was a disappointment compared to Connecticut schools. However, I knew from my first phone call to the school that this school was fantastic! The office staff are very polite and readily answer all questions with ease. I have not heard my daughter mention any bullying either, which makes me feel more secure in the school as a whole. Ms Evarts is a phenomenal teacher, she challenges my child and helps my child succeed! I also appreciate the communications through email from the teacher because I work a hectic schedule, but she always notifues me of topics regarding my daughter that are relevant to me! A+ school!!!

Schwarzkopf Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2013
i have 2 children in this school. Both are doing well. My main concern about this school is they hold children back. one of my children is very advanced in math, science and reading. so advanced she/he recieves perfect scores on fcat each year. They will not allow my child to test out to skip a grade, so each day my child sits bored to tears. My other student has an iep and has had difficulty with teachers not wanting to be flexible in my childs learning style. This school is intent on keeping robotic teachers just because they have taught for a long time. There are only a few bad seeds but those bad teachers have a huge impact. My child with the iep, had to be removed from a class because the teacher refused to comply with iep recommendations. There is still another teacher my child came in contact with that constantly yells and seems generally unhappy. This teacher never smiles and behaves like a robot. Thankfully, this wasnt a permanent assignment , it was only a special event. I have to say MOST of the teachers are great, but this school needs some changes. The principle seems uninvolved and lets the vice handle most everything...

Posted July 16, 2013
Unfortunately the same person who now seems absolutely psychotic keeps giving the school a one star review. If you look beyond the same one star review the same person gives it three times Schwarzkopf ranks well. It's no wonder their poor kid can't get a decent education, look at the parent.

Posted May 26, 2013
All 3 of my children have attended Schwarzkopf - my last going into 5th grade next year. It is a wonderful school - the teachers are dedicated and the leadership is responsive. As a parent, it is very important that you are involved and know what is going on. I would like to see Edline implemented which is a great tool used at the middle/HS level. Also, extra-curricular activities could be improved. The last couple of years they had mini-courses such as Spanish or Fitness that would occur after school (for a fee) but they didn't offer it this year. All in all, it is a great school with wonderful teachers and I would highly recommend.

Schwarzkopf Elementary School
18333 Calusa Trace Boulevard, Lutz, FL  33558
Last modified Schwarzkopf Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schwarzkopf Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top