Schwarzkopf Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2014
This school is substandard and sneaky with their grading-'good' kids are those considered as favorites by staff- We had severe issues wherein a disabled child was NOT taken seriously and maltreated by teachers in disbelief. We actually had CPS do an investigation of the matter, and chose to leave there and transfer to another much better school site with compassionate intelligence.

Posted May 24, 2014
I've had 2 children attend K-5th at Schwarzkopf, one "graduated" last year and the other this year. Overall I was very pleased with the school. On average the teachers administration very were good. I would recommend the school.

Posted March 04, 2014
Great school. My son has been there almost six years now and it has been a great experience for him. The teachers are kind and caring. It is a wonderful environment for the kids

Schwarzkopf Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2014
My child attended Schwarzkopf Elementary for a few years. I could not keep my child there one more year. The school was such a disappointment. They gave busy work in school and for homework. My child was far from excited to learn and was always bored. They do not challenge or motivate the "good" students. We are attending a different school now and my child has never been happier.

Posted January 08, 2014
This school is fantastic! I moved in from out of state a while ago and I have to say that the first school that my child went to was a disappointment compared to Connecticut schools. However, I knew from my first phone call to the school that this school was fantastic! The office staff are very polite and readily answer all questions with ease. I have not heard my daughter mention any bullying either, which makes me feel more secure in the school as a whole. Ms Evarts is a phenomenal teacher, she challenges my child and helps my child succeed! I also appreciate the communications through email from the teacher because I work a hectic schedule, but she always notifues me of topics regarding my daughter that are relevant to me! A+ school!!!

Schwarzkopf Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2013
i have 2 children in this school. Both are doing well. My main concern about this school is they hold children back. one of my children is very advanced in math, science and reading. so advanced she/he recieves perfect scores on fcat each year. They will not allow my child to test out to skip a grade, so each day my child sits bored to tears. My other student has an iep and has had difficulty with teachers not wanting to be flexible in my childs learning style. This school is intent on keeping robotic teachers just because they have taught for a long time. There are only a few bad seeds but those bad teachers have a huge impact. My child with the iep, had to be removed from a class because the teacher refused to comply with iep recommendations. There is still another teacher my child came in contact with that constantly yells and seems generally unhappy. This teacher never smiles and behaves like a robot. Thankfully, this wasnt a permanent assignment , it was only a special event. I have to say MOST of the teachers are great, but this school needs some changes. The principle seems uninvolved and lets the vice handle most everything...

Posted July 16, 2013
Unfortunately the same person who now seems absolutely psychotic keeps giving the school a one star review. If you look beyond the same one star review the same person gives it three times Schwarzkopf ranks well. It's no wonder their poor kid can't get a decent education, look at the parent.

Posted May 26, 2013
All 3 of my children have attended Schwarzkopf - my last going into 5th grade next year. It is a wonderful school - the teachers are dedicated and the leadership is responsive. As a parent, it is very important that you are involved and know what is going on. I would like to see Edline implemented which is a great tool used at the middle/HS level. Also, extra-curricular activities could be improved. The last couple of years they had mini-courses such as Spanish or Fitness that would occur after school (for a fee) but they didn't offer it this year. All in all, it is a great school with wonderful teachers and I would highly recommend.

Schwarzkopf Elementary School 1

Posted October 05, 2012
They are awful! They are a hands off kind of school. They send home graded paperwork that shows 100% when actually it's incorrect. This gives a mixed message to the students. They send work home that is not even finished! They do not grade work with incorrect spelling nor practice spelling at all. They tell parents "the school does not feel this is as important". This is a life skill needed for our future adults. The 5 years our children have attended we have had each teacher tell us:This is not how we do things...It's out of our control...I do not have time. They do not give consequences to kids who do act out as it would break their spirit . The Principle,Vice, and counselors are rarely there when asking to speak to them & never return calls. Any kind of paperwork you do get from the school (Wednesday's) it's about asking for money, not based on education. The smart kids do get left behind, are ignored, bored, & are not challenged. They never smile, they always look put out, and agitated when picking up our children. Drive by yourself & take a peek at this demeanor. At the end of each year you are given a paper to grade the school & the staff. It's been low marks each year.

Schwarzkopf Elementary School 1

Posted October 05, 2012
We just found out that the homework that our daughter was bringing home (without being graded) the students graded their own work! The teacher does not look at it either. We also found out that the homework we take the time with, after a busy day at work, does not count for a grade. The teacher informed us this is a school policy. What?!?

Schwarzkopf Elementary School
18333 Calusa Trace Boulevard, Lutz, FL  33558
Last modified Schwarzkopf Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schwarzkopf Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.