Lutz, FL

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 27, 2015
I'm not a big fan of homework, especially in the lower grades. I think children need time to play, socialize and be with their families after school is over. During my daughter's year in Kindergarten at Denham Oaks, she had very little homework, which was great.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 27, 2015
Teachers have a really hard job to do these days, especially with the amount of work and unfair assessments placed on them by ill-informed politicians. The teachers at Denham Oaks are doing an outstanding job despite all of that, which is truly commendable.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted July 27, 2015
From what I can tell, yes, although I haven't been there long enough to make a strong statement about this topic.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 27, 2015
Yes, they teach this in all that they do at the classroom level and in other areas.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 27, 2015
My daughter demonstrates compassion, as do the other kids in her class. I can see the teachers demonstrating it as well.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 27, 2015
They teach this in guidance and in the individual classrooms. It seems to be apparent across their programming.

Posted July 27, 2015
The teachers are great. They really seem to care about the students, and put their personal time and money into making the school a great place to learn. They are very accessible and friendly. The principal is accessible as well, and seems to know the name of every 700+ child at the school. The front office staff is also very pleasant. Please don't pay attention to ratings on this and other sites that are primarily based on standardized test scores. Studies have shown that standardized tests show little more than a student's ability to take a test, but have little to do with any kind of real learning assessments. It would be a huge mistake to make a decision about a school for your child primarily based on school grades or any other measure that relies on test scores.

Posted September 03, 2013
We have had a great experience with this school. One of the biggest surprise for me was how involve the principal is. She is always participating like one of us the the events, also is very approchable to parents. Parents and teachers also work together, its a friendly environment. I feel at home. My son started Kindergarten last year and I was so scared leaving him all day in a new place and community I wasn't familiar with. Everything came to place pretty fast. Everyone was helpful and guided us. I love this school and look forward to more years to come.

Posted August 01, 2013
I will have two of my three children at Denham Oaks this year. We are very pleased with this school. The administration is fantastic- great communication with parents. The teachers are wonderful- nurturing & challenging at the same time. There are plenty of social events to get involved in throughout the year. The principal, Mrs. Powers, seems to really have her heart in this school. She's in the car line most days, at every social event, and even answered the phone when I called the school this morning! I have recommended this school to several friends & acquaintances and will continue to do so. I am excited to say that I WILL have all three of my children attending Denham Oaks next year! Keep it up Denham Oaks!!

Posted July 17, 2013
I am truly pleased with Denham Oaks. My daughter just completed her first year there. Her teacher, the principal and every staff member I've encountered takes interest in your child's success and well being. I was hoping my daughter would be challenged enough, but still praised for her achievements and that's exactly what we got.

1422 Oak Grove Boulevard, Lutz, FL  33559
Last modified Denham Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Denham Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top