703 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My son is in 5th year there and Ive been extremely active at the school. I see things from a parents point of view and behind the scenes. I am in love with this school inside and out. The teachers my son has had have been outstanding! The teachers I personally know have a passion for teaching children. They put long hours in way after the school day ends and many weekends have been spent working on how they can better the children in their class. Mrs. Powers is very active and loves her school! She puts her all into everything and wants to be involved! Im so happy and proud to be apart of DOES and Ill be sad when my son moves on to 6th grade.

I have two daughters that go to Denham Oaks elementary and we have had a great experience so far. They both scored very high on the standardized test and have thrived in the school environment. My one daughter even tested gifted in Kindergarten and when we moved into the school district two years ago, her teacher along with the administration worked together to ensure she had the tools to continue to excel. The Principle and the staff go above and beyond are very pleasant. The Principle is so personable and relatable and the kids all love her. She constantly is promoting fundraisers and events to make sure the school has funding for the various programs. She even had a science event in which a scientist came to the school to demonstrate numerous experiments. Our kids thought it was so amazing. I have no idea why the school rating is so low but I can say this these scores don't reflect the true picture of the school. I encourage each parent not to sleep on this school. Make sure you take the time to visit the schools in the area and investigate for yourself. I did that and chose this school for my family and it was the best decision I have made so far.

Amount of homework: Agree

I'm not a big fan of homework, especially in the lower grades. I think children need time to play, socialize and be with their families after school is over. During my daughter's year in Kindergarten at Denham Oaks, she had very little homework, which was great.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers have a really hard job to do these days, especially with the amount of work and unfair assessments placed on them by ill-informed politicians. The teachers at Denham Oaks are doing an outstanding job despite all of that, which is truly commendable.

Develops character: Agree

They teach this in guidance and in the individual classrooms. It seems to be apparent across their programming.

The teachers are great. They really seem to care about the students, and put their personal time and money into making the school a great place to learn. They are very accessible and friendly. The principal is accessible as well, and seems to know the name of every 700+ child at the school. The front office staff is also very pleasant. Please don't pay attention to ratings on this and other sites that are primarily based on standardized test scores. Studies have shown that standardized tests show little more than a student's ability to take a test, but have little to do with any kind of real learning assessments. It would be a huge mistake to make a decision about a school for your child primarily based on school grades or any other measure that relies on test scores.

We have had a great experience with this school. One of the biggest surprise for me was how involve the principal is. She is always participating like one of us the the events, also is very approchable to parents. Parents and teachers also work together, its a friendly environment. I feel at home. My son started Kindergarten last year and I was so scared leaving him all day in a new place and community I wasn't familiar with. Everything came to place pretty fast. Everyone was helpful and guided us. I love this school and look forward to more years to come.

I will have two of my three children at Denham Oaks this year. We are very pleased with this school. The administration is fantastic- great communication with parents. The teachers are wonderful- nurturing & challenging at the same time. There are plenty of social events to get involved in throughout the year. The principal, Mrs. Powers, seems to really have her heart in this school. She's in the car line most days, at every social event, and even answered the phone when I called the school this morning! I have recommended this school to several friends & acquaintances and will continue to do so. I am excited to say that I WILL have all three of my children attending Denham Oaks next year! Keep it up Denham Oaks!!

I am truly pleased with Denham Oaks. My daughter just completed her first year there. Her teacher, the principal and every staff member I've encountered takes interest in your child's success and well being. I was hoping my daughter would be challenged enough, but still praised for her achievements and that's exactly what we got.

wonderful school and administration. Teachers have been very good and easily accessible. we have two children at Denham Oaks

Last modified Denham Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.