503 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

Gemini rocks! I have nothing negative to say. My daughters love the school and are learning a great deal. They also love the music program and are active in many after school activities. The morning mile concept is an awesome addition to challenge the kids physically and foster a love of fitness. Keep up the outstanding work!

My Grandson Zachary has attended Gemini Elementary School for the last three yeas and he has been doing an outstanding job of learning and becoming a model individual. His teachers have done a wonderful job of understading his needs and have been there to guide him thru this time of his life. He hopes to be an engineer when he grows up and I believe with the guidance he is receiving at Gemini , he will succed at anything he wishes to do in the future.

I have 2 grandchildren attending Gemini. I am impressed with the administration, teachers, academics, involvement of family and in general a very positive, challenging environment.

I have three children who have attended Gemini since kindergarten. My oldest just finished 6th grade. We have loved all but 2 of the 15 teachers we have had over the past 7 years, have seen our children challenged and nurtured. Outstanding administrative leadership, innovative and welcoming PTO, grade level plays every year are a delight. Children are taught excellent academics and important citizenship lessons. Valuable field trips also. We recommend Gemini without hesitation.

My child went to Gemini for half a year (we moved away), and our experience there was AMAZING. There are MANY (twenty?) after-school programs, including karate, cheerleading, chess, and lego club for the kids to participate in. Older kids are taught responsibility through things like safety patrol and leading the younger kids in the tech lab. Many field trips, invites for parents to see presentations (both in class and by grade), and just great opportunities all around. The teachers are wonderful and engaging. We are returning to Mel Beach soon, and it's primarily for the education.

I have three wonderful granddaughters. One has already graduated from Gemini and is now attending college, one is just going into the first grade there and one is almost one year old and will be going there in the future. I am so proud of all three of them and the education they either have gotten or will get at Gemini. The teachers are all wonderful and not only excel at teaching but also as being good role models for our children. I can't say too many good things about Gemini.

I have 3 children who attended Gemini. The 6th grader (gifted) didn't think the gifted program was anything special and didn't think the school was that good. The 5th grader (not in gifted)thought it was disorganized and not a great learning atmosphere. The 2nd grader (gifted) had a great teacher and learned a lot. We left the area before the next year so I only can go by the 1 year. I didn't think it was a great school but it was okay.

Last year was our first year in this school. This is our last year. At first I thought that the parents here were just crazy. I met a number of parents who were hiring tutors to teach their children in kindergarten. I volunteer in the school, keep my mouth shut and just watch. I notice that there is no teaching going on here. Students move from table to table doing paper work on their own. The teacher is testing some thing every Friday and my 1st grade daughter is doing about 2 hours of home work every night. All her learning is occuring at home. I went to the school to discuss this with the teacher and was told: 'The teacher's role in this environment is to facilitate learning rather than to dispense knowledge.' Now I know the reason that these very sane parents are hiring tutors.

The school is mostly interested in gifted children and all the normal kids are left out. The discover program (gifted program) is the principals project. The kids in this program receive all the awards and get special field trips, at the tax payers expense. The parents are expected to teach the children a great deal of academics at home. The Science curriculum is way above what should be expected at the elementary grades (it is high school level). Volunteering does not get you anywhere, everyone volunteers a lot. For the most part the teachers are nice to the parents, but the kids will tell a different story. The school is great at raising money, lots of wealthy parents. Things may change next year, the principal and assistant are both leaving in 2009.

This is an excellent school across the board and one of the reasons we were willing to relocate to Melbourne Beach.

Last modified Gemini Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.