No rating

Florida Air Academy

Private | 6-12 | 300 students

Best Known for Flight and Aerospace Engineering Programs

Living in Melbourne

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $81,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted December 9, 2013

It has been fun to work and live at Florida Air Academy, a boarding school hosting students from various countries and regions, where students are prepared not only for college, but for future life as well.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 28, 2013

Florida Air Academy (FAA) in sunny Florida was the perfect choice of education for my children. It is great mix of educational, cultural, and leadership opportunities. Having students from all over the nation and world brings rich opportunities to learn new cultures and create friendships that would not be possible from a public school. My son attended FAA for 9-12 grades, my daughter for 7-12 grades. The experience gained at FAA has enabled them to be ready for the challenges of college life. The AFJROTC and military structure has taught them to take their endeavors and studies seriously and responsibly. FAA teaches respect and leadership and offers cadets hands-on experience as leaders. The teachers, TAC officers and staff are wonderful and caring. There are sports, clubs, weekend activities, volunteer opportunities and other supervised fun ways for the cadets to interact. Most of the classes and activities have kids of different ages so they can get to know all the students at the school not just their class. Florida Air Academy is the perfect school for my kids. Your children may enjoy and benefit from the unique learning opportunities that only FAA could offer my kids.

Posted November 22, 2013

my school gives people the oppertunities like multi cultural evviroments and military disipline to prepare them for college. this has helped me excel in highschool and has helped me get into a good college.

Posted November 22, 2013

I really like my school . As an international student i love living in a multicultural environment with many people from all around the world. Its a great opportunity to learn about other cultures and traditions. I am really happy I made the decision to come to FAA. I highly recommend this school

Posted November 22, 2013

This is my third year attending Florida Air Academy. This school is one of its kind. It is a college preparation school which a college acceptance is almost garunteed for all students. It's academics are fantastic with nice, helpful and extremely knowledgable teachers. On the othe hand, it's military envirnment provide great chances to train leadership skills and provide great opputunity for those who are interested in joining the military with a promising JROTC program. Overall, it is a great school for anyone.

Posted November 22, 2013

My school is amazing. Everyone has an iPad which changes the way classes are taught. Teachers are allowed to make the classes more interactive, which helps learning become easier.

Posted November 21, 2013

FAA has changed my life drastically. I had been in a very negative place before. If I had continued on the path I was on- I would've most likely failed out of high school and been addicted to multiple substances. I needed a change, so I moved 2954.6 miles away from home to get my life back on track. Since then, I have found a new sense of respect for myself. I now have over 100 community service hours working for canteen, animal shelters, tutoring, and being a teachers assistant. I also have a core leadership rank in the AFJROTC program, taking two AP classes, am captain of the girls soccer team, and have gone from a 2.1 PGA to a 3.83; making honor roll all three semesters of attendance. I needed structure and that's exactly what I got, as well as a ton of support and help from faculty and fellow cadets willing to help. I now have opportunities I would've never have had if it weren't for Florida Air Academy. The teachers make it close to impossible to fail- always willing to go that extra mile to help you succeed and understand and learn. I've made life long friends and memories, something I will always be grateful for.

Posted November 20, 2013

This is our son s third year at FAA and can t imagine sending him anyplace else. The school provides a structured learning environment with teacher who cares about the success of the students. The school s ROTC program is fantastic; the officers in that program are fantastic role models and really take the kids under their wing and teach them some valuable life lessons. The class size is small which allows for the teachers to provide extra attention to those who need it. The follow up with the academics is outstanding. The supervised study halls are great and provide ample time for students to get their HW done. After school help is available just about every day and mandatory for students who aren t doing so well. They ve just spent lots of money redoing the residence hall (Hall of Flags) and the improvements are tremendous. FAA has allowed my son to grow and evolve into a young man who has endless opportunities in his future. I only wish I would have sent my son their sooner.

Posted November 20, 2013

My school is the best school out there. The school helps you with everything from maling friend to doing well in school also getting into a college. The staff is foscused on you I can not find bad things about this school. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 23, 2013

An excellent school, teacher, adm and everything. They are a confident and a good team

Posted April 23, 2013

This is the second year for both of my daughters. As a parent I appreciate all of the support given to my girls by the teachers and the staff. The communication with parents by the staff is excellent, the class size is kept small and the teachers care about the welfare of my girls. I would recommend Florida Air to anyone looking for a quality school with educators that lead children and care about their welfare.

Posted April 23, 2013

Florida Air Academy is a fantastic school! My son began going there during his Freshman year and was actually already slated to attend a local public school, but after touring FAA, changed his mind. Small class sizes, caring and attentive faculty, and a challeging cirriculum make it the perfect fit for him. I would recommend Florida Air Academy to anyone!

Posted April 19, 2013

I must admit that moving my daughter to Floridsa Air Academy in 7th grade was a gamble. She needed structure, but I'd been leaning more to a Christian Academy, she on the other hand thought Floridia Air was "the one" after spending a day there as a "shadow" student. That was a major step forward for us. After 2 years she still loves it, and so do I ... the classes remain small and we know all her classmates, and her teachers. Due to the school's small size, and mixed ages throughout the girls dorms, many of the older students are also involved in my daughters life and guide her on many personal issues .. things she thinks I'm too old to understand! She has a good moral compass as a result... Its difficult for us as a family to have her away from home, but I believe she is better off away from her former school where sexting and peer pressure to "act out" were the norm. Academically she's keeping up well, the study hall in the evening is a godsend as far as I'm concerned ... homework was always such an issue and now she justs accepts it as a given.. my only downside ... she just does not call me enough!

Posted October 5, 2012

My son attended FAA for 7 years, graduating in 2011. I sent him there for many reasons. Dedicated male influence (staff and tactical officers), dedicated teachers, small classes and an environment that would help him cultivate both stateside and international contacts that would benefit him for the rest of his life. My son was not an easy, cooperative student. Just 2 points shy of brilliant he chose to fight the system rather than embrace it. The teachers & staff at FAA NEVER gave up on him. My deciding moment was after the graduation ceremony. We were back at school, collecting belongings and doing final paperwork. Someone pulled the fire alarm. Almost everyone ignored it, thinking it was a prank; From this tall, skinny frame covered in dress blues beside me came the deepest, strongest, most commanding voice I have ever heard. All eyes focused on him. He moved over 100 people a safe distance away from the building and held their attention until the alarm was cleared and then cleared the way for them to re-enter the Hall of Flags. I have never been more proud in my life and know that the environment, officers, staff and teachers at FAA cultivated his ability to do what he did.

Posted May 27, 2012

I was in tears at the 8th grade graduation. There was such a great feeling of caring for the students...because it's a small school, they really get to know the kids, and staff and teachers REALLY care, not only about academic success but how the kid is doing overall. Kids who aren't "cool" are accepted and recognized here for their unique achievements in a way I've never seen at another school. Talking with other parents afterwards, their kids also are thiving in this atmosphere. This school brings out the best in a kid and the expectations are high. A girl gave a speech about the school and it was so touching and sincere. She has been motivated here to go from an okay student to a really good one. Of course no school is going to be successful with every single kid, but from what I've seen, the vast majority of kids here thrive. They are doing a lot of renovation to the dorms, and the campus is really beautiful. No metal roofs and cinderblock buildings.

Posted May 27, 2012

our son just finished 6th grade at Florida Air Academy. Teachers are caring, professional and go out of there way to help all kids and communicate with parents. Sports, activities such as their recent trip to St. Augustine all made his experience and ours extraordinary. We are thrilled. He will be back for 7th grade. Thank you FAA!

Posted May 25, 2012

We enrolled our daughter at FLAIR for the 2011 summer program after her seventh grade in public school. After five weeks at FLAIR, her interests were expanded and her youthful behavior was noticeably improved. She asked to return for her eighth grade year. Although we were concerned about her being away from home, after careful consideration, we agreed. Now, after completing her eighth grade at FLAIR, she has gained self-esteem and self-discipline that she was unable to acquire while living at home and attending public school. Her academic performance and overall attitude are dramatically improving. She flourishes in the small classes and individual attention. We are pleased that FLAIR keeps us well informed about her progress via online grade information. If she fails to turn-in homework, we are alerted. She is given mandatory teacher help, and she is also required to attend supervised study hall to complete her missing assignment. Needless to say, she has become consistent in turning her homework in. We believe that FLAIR provides the much needed structure and camaraderie that a teenager needs while providing high quality educational experiences.

Posted April 23, 2012

As a 10 year employee of this school, I am shocked by the negative, untrue comments posted here. I challenge anyone to find a more dedicated and supportive staff than we have here at FAA. Every child here is known by name by a multitude of people who speak to them each and every day to inquire about their day, schoolwork, important events in their lives, etc. Compare that to public school where a single student is but one of many. Along with receiving top quality education, our students are taught to be good citizens of our school, community and the world. This year our students have donated hundreds of hours volunteering in our community feeding the homeless, raising money for breast cancer awareness, autism awareness, epilepsy research, and countless other altruistic endeavors. And yes, we do prepare students for college success with our AP classes, dual enrollment opportunities, and highly motivated staff.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 21, 2012

The last review is simply not true. The school would have no students if it were like that. Hazing is not tolerated and the students are not allowed to discipline other students....adults do that. The level of student has never been higher and they just got ANOTHER kid into Harvard. There are many high achievers here but they are good with kids who need some extra help too. It's really irresponsible to trash a school anonymously, so they can't respond. I have been a parent for years and the kids are much nicer than I found at other schools in the area.

Posted April 11, 2012

My son attended this school, I was very unhappy with things I discovered after enrollment. Many children are there to avoid court discipline, there are too many troubled teens in attendance. I found this school to be a place for rich undesireable children who can not make it in a traditional school setting. Secrets are kept by administration who allow older students to HAZE younger students and apply discipline as they see fit. Please research this school extensively before considering it for your child, I was glad to get mine out with only minor physical and mental damage after only a few months.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 10% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Video / Film production

School culture

• Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1950 Academy Drive