620 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

My son is learning so much... he writes so much better than me lol hes a kindergartener and hes reading and writing so well now.

My grandson is thriving at this school. Teachers, staff and administrators work as a team for the benefit of the students,

My child went to Kindergarten last year and I would give the school a 9 score. I am strict on my son and all the staff so a 9 score is great. I cannot give a 10 to any school or program unless they blow me away! I'd recommend them! First day of first grade classes and I met his teacher - she is very nice and professional.

After my child attended a school in South Florida, she had D'S AND F'S which was NOT her regular grades. After no attempts were made at the previous school to help her, we moved(it was that bad) and found Lewis Carroll Elementary. Our child is back on track, straight A'S presently and has the best teacher ever. It is sad though that other schools will be closing in the area and I only hope the school will stay the same. It has some of the best teachers and one of the best Principal's I have ever encountered.

Does anyone know the aftercare EIN number? I'm filing taxes and must have it. Thanks

I love this school! I hav a daughter in sixth grade and another in 3rd grade thet both enjoy this school very much. I have been with this school for 7 years now. This school has a challenging program for gifted students, strings, and many other clubs. However my daughters teachers are very strict on disiplin and handling issues on bullying. No uniforms either. I love this school

Unfortunately, I would not recommend this school to any parent. My concern is the way the teachers, principle & assistant principle handle situations. My child has a hard time adjusting to change. I informed the principle and staff of this problem upon my child entering their school for kindergarten. It hasn't even been 12 weeks into the school year and my child has been passed around from teacher to teacher because they say their patience is low with my child and can not handle the behavior he presents. The child is 5 years old. What do you mean you can not handle behavior issues? They have called the cops on my child and have suspended my child from school totaling over 10 days. The cops have even refused to return to school for such foolishness. My child is not a criminal and doesn't deserve to be treated like one either. One of the kindergarten teachers has even said she feels threatened by my childs actions and refuses to teach my child for the school year. She presented to me the Teachers Authority Law. Less than 12 weeks and this is the 3rd kindergarten teacher placement. I've never heard of a teacher giving up on a student/child. The teachers at Lewis Carroll are selfish.

Lewis Carroll is a great school because the staff and principal really care about the students. The principal does everything she can to ensure the students are getting the very best education while keeping the parents informed and up to date on all that is happening with the school board and politics within the county. Teachers are excellent and professional. My son loves this school!

My child has been attending this school for a couple of years and overall we are very happy with it. Most of the teachers we have encountered are pleasant, knowledgeable, patient, and there because they like teaching. The Principal and Asst. Principal are always present and are available to listen/help. The school is clean and was remodeled in the past few years, so it has a newer feel. A few negatives: The music teacher does not allow the younger children to try any of the instruments. There aren't many extracurricular activities. There is a Lego League, but no information is ever published on it. The staff that patrols the lunch room are not consistent when dealing with children who are getting rowdy. There is a kindergarten teacher who is not a good fit. She has told numerous 5 and 6 year olds that they are not ready for kindergarten.

I feel I must comment on the previous post. The front office has to do more than just sit there and look good. They are the backbone of the school, without them you wouldn't be able to find your student at any given time and they also are the safety moniters which means even if they know you, you're still going to have to show your I.D. to get your child out. I've been in the office when there are up to twenty parents trying to sign in, check their student in or out, going for meetings dropping off or picking up school items. In other words these people are busy so if you feel you're not getting the respect or attention you deserve, think about their day and how many people they deal with!

Last modified Lewis Carroll Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.