Miami Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,026

Posted January 07, 2015
I really like the school, it's clean and nice. The neighborhood is really good and civilized, the teachers are okay tho :)

Nautilus Middle School 1

Posted August 07, 2014
We had our daughter attend this school for nearly 3 years. The bullying and the harassment got so bad that we withdrew her. Kids are constantly cutting class and there seems to be a lack of control in the hallways. The story seems to be the same with a lot of ex-students, too much trouble at nautilus. A 6/10 seems to still be too high on the charts and would expect it to drop even more if things continue the way they are. It is not uncommon to see the kids gather around and fight while others record with their cell phones to post online. In the 2013-14 school year it happened at least 5 times that me as a parent was aware of. Be careful with racism from the kids as a lot of the kids are intolerant of foreign races. Let this review serve as a cautionary tale, Even more so if you have a daughter.

Posted April 02, 2014
My daughter is in the Junior Scholars Program at Nautilus and is doing really well. The school is located in a great neighborhood so I feel comfortable letting her walk to school alone. There are a lot of fantastic kids and very engaging teachers at Nautilus and after our initial concerns about the size of the school we are very happy with her progress.

Posted October 07, 2013
I really like this school! The school food isnt as bad as I thought it would be and some things i love.; Especially the fact that you can get free lunch and breakfast!! The only thing that I dont really enjoy is that we only have three classes a day and theyre really long. I wish there would be more classes during the day.

Posted September 10, 2013
Nautilus is a great school and I love it. My son is happy and is getting great grades.

Posted August 22, 2013
This was my middle school from 1992-1993. Awesome school. Some of the teachers are still there and going strong. My son attends the school now and loves it. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK NAUTILUS. TEACH OUR CHILDREN.

Nautilus Middle School 3

Posted August 05, 2013
The school is okay it has its flaws because lots of students in that school smoke alot and the security are the worst they are rude and mean and friends with the bad kids and they make fun of other students and mr smith he's a big problem too but the teachers and the educational programs of this school are great.

Posted May 06, 2012
I love nautilus! It is my second home! The programs are kind of hard and lots of homework but I liked it!!

Nautilus Middle School 1

Posted February 27, 2012
Beware of Mr. Smith (administrator) thinks that bullies don't bully unless they have a reason. WOW! My son got bullied and Mr. Smith said "what did your son do to provoke the bully?" WOW! On another incident Mr. Smith was told by name that my son was involved in a fight where 3 kids hit him I still haven't received a call from him that my son was attacked. I showed up in school to see him and he responded " I did not need to call you!" WOW! Please Parents if you have had similar issues please take your time to write on this. Please, I feel like i'm the only mother going through this and I know that is not the case. I will guide you if you need support.

Posted February 27, 2012
My daughter and I like Nautilus. She's in the Junior Scholars program which is pretty much what we thought it would be: rigorous. The teachers are great! So far as the kids and any bullying, my daughter has made many new friends and still has many from her old school: South Pointe Elementary. We keep in touch with many of her former clasmates and none have reported any problems that I'm aware of, though I'm sure there are with a school this size. One surprise are the opportunities for music, theater and sports that offer lots of options. And the school is in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the country so I never worry about her walking home, taking the bus, whatever. In short, we are very pleased and comfortable with the school.

Nautilus Middle School
4301 North Michigan Avenue, Miami Beach, FL  33140
Last modified Nautilus Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nautilus Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top