Miami Lakes, FL
Students enrolled: 1,691

Posted August 07, 2013
The teachers work very hard at this school. If your child is motivated they will do just fine.

Barbara Goleman Senior High School 3

Posted August 05, 2013
I think the teachers in this school should be focused more on the kids more. This school needs inprovement.

Barbara Goleman Senior High School 3

Posted January 05, 2012
as a parent of a senior. I am very disappointed at the Cap Advisor and her lack of interaction with the students. I try to contact her all the time and she never returns my calls.

Barbara Goleman Senior High School 4

Posted August 07, 2010
Keep in mind that this school is majority for spanish students, without the same resources than others middle and high class schools (or north florida shools), but this school has excellent teachers and an inspiring principal that challenged the students to try at every moment and look for a better future.We are very poud of our kids and very grateful of their teachers!!

Posted May 02, 2010
I was very impress with the science department. My child was doing power points in 10 grade were my older child had to learn it in college.all of the teacher are well verse in subject matter

Posted July 08, 2009
I attended BGHS all four years of high school. The school, teachers, and overall environment inspired me to go further in my education career. I am now in my last semester of grad school and will be graduating with my masters at the age of 23.

Barbara Goleman Senior High School 1

Posted June 16, 2009
This has to be the dirtiest and worst public school I have attended.

Posted September 04, 2008
i have to honestly say going to barbara goleman was one of the best things i ever did!! there so much inspiring teachers! the way the motivate you also as an athlete i have to say the school was the best !!! also the principle was always there for you and there always trying to prepare you! i made a great choice by not staying in mater academy! gators rock!!!!!!!!!!! to bad iam a gladiator now because of my address but i miss bghs so much!!!!!!!

Posted December 12, 2007
I am an Alumni of this school. It was a great school. Sure it was a little overcrowded, and maybe the bathrooms reeked. But the teachers were great! The administrators were there for you. Best 4 years were in this school indeed. Just wish those kids would take better care of their school, in the 4 years i was there I onlt went into the bathroom a handfull of times.

Barbara Goleman Senior High School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
My child is a senior at Barbara Goleman, and I have to say that when she started back in 2003 I was a bit nervous, not only she was starting high school but the school as far as I new had a so, so reputation. Now, after almost the completion of the 4 years, I must tell you that the school is fantastic. The teacher s really care about the individual students, the counselor s are on top of the requirements for every year, the administration is knowledgeable, helpful and wants to make sure that every student succeeds on their own right. It has, like every school in the county, a mixture of all kinds of children, but the general population of students, are children, who like mine, are struggling to exceed, not only academically, but in the sports they participate in, and to maintain all of the friendships, which they think will be carried throughout their lives. In very simple terms, they are trying to fit in and the environment of this school allows them to do that. I have no doubt that it will continue to be this good when my youngest daughter goes there in 2008. GO GATORS!!!!!

14100 Northwest 89th Avenue, Miami Lakes, FL  33018
Last modified Barbara Goleman Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barbara Goleman Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top