No rating

Kingdom Academy

Private | PK-5 | 260 students

We are best known for our business based program and family involvement.

Living in Miami

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $138,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,340.

School Official Point of View

Posted April 3, 2014

Kingdom Academy exists with the purpose of preparing young children to succeed now and in the future. We base our educational program on a Christian foundation with the purpose of developing character and resilience in our students to face the challenges this world brings. We pray every day for the Lord to bless us with His wisdom and one day be called Faithful . Please visit our website to learn more about our program www.kingdomacademyschool.com.

Posted August 20, 2013

Unfortunately I have not had a great experience at this school. Since very early on I noticed very rude and unprofessional behavior from Teachers and Administrative Staff members. I brought up several concerns I had as a parent to the Administration which only fell in deaf ears and left me very upset and frustrated. It is the worst feeling in the world when you try to give the benefit of a dought to your child's teacher and Administrative Director when incidents happen. But then left with ignorance and complete disregard for the child and parent who is trying to bring light to issues in the classroom. I had to leave this school due to many mishandled incidents and unaddressed problems with their system. My child cried and pleaded every day not to go there and now that he is in a new school has gone into his new class with a huge smile and a happy heart. A child should always be heard and a parents concerns addressed. Not ignored or swepted under the rug.

Posted August 15, 2013

The teachers at Kingdom Academy truly care about the academic, social, and emotional development of their students. This is a great place to send your child.

Posted August 15, 2013

I am a new teacher at Kingdom Academy school. I love my profession, and can not imagine myself doing anything else, because this is truly my passion. Over the years I used to discuss with my husband and family about how I wished I could work in a place where I could find people who truly shared this passion that I have for children and education. Thank God I found this amazing place!! Kingdom Academy is like Magic Kingdom to me as a teacher. I love everything about it. I have worked in 2 other schools and can not compare to this one at all in anything. The personal from the office are truly hard workers and beautiful people. You will always find the owner in the school making sure that everything is working the way it should be, and you can really tell that this is like a dream come true for her, because she really cares about the school. She does not see it as "a business", she sees the school as a place where our children can grow up in knowledge, wisdom and character and I am sure that every child that leaves the school is to make a difference in our society. My coworkers strive to do an excellent job and you can really tell that they love children as much as I do...

Posted August 14, 2013

I have been with this school for over 10 years. It feels like a second home to me. Everyone that works there is really united and it really feels like a family. Working for Kingdom is not only a blessing but a privilege. I have seen other teachers and parents leave and come back because they couldn't find a school as amazing as ours. Im sad to see that some parents dont feel the same way. I can assure you as an employee and as a human being that the administration cares so much about their staff and the students. I pray that somewhere along the way, they realize how blessed they were to be a part of the Kingdom Academy family. P.S. To that parent who wrote that the students didn't receive religious classes, you're right. We don't teach religion. But we do teach about the Bible and we teach Christian principles: be kind to others, be helpful, be obedient, etc. the students receive those classes once a week and we have the BEST Bible teacher in the WORLD!!!

Posted August 14, 2013

Great teachers, amazing academic program, fun afterschool activities, YUMMY food and tons of love...our family LOVES Kingdom Academy!

Posted August 14, 2013

I am extremely pleased mother, starting from the administration staff and the owners who have always treated as an important part of the school. the experience of my children in this place has always exceeded my expectations, my children are treated with respect and love for her teachers and staff. Academically I love the way they teach the children I like the methods that are used and things that implement each year to improve the quality of education. the school has a remarkable progress in both the physical and in the academic and that makes me feel confident that I chose the best place for the education of my children, I recommend 100% this wonderful place, also curiously my kids never want to leave school and that is sign of how good they feel. God bless kingdom academy school and hopefully new generations have the opportunity to grow and learn in this lovely place!

Posted August 14, 2013

THANK YOU to all the teachers and administrators at Kingdom Academy. My daughter has learned so much this year in VPK. She is entering Kindergarten and is already reading, adding, subtracting and most of all LOVES to learn. She can't wait to start school on Monday. As a parent, I LOVE that my daughters teacher is already sending me emails introducing herself and making sure we feel comfortable with her transition into Kindergarten. It is going to be another GREAT year at Kingdom. Thank you for all you do.

Posted August 14, 2013

My kids have been coming here for the past two years. Leaving them with their teachers feels like leaving them with family. When my boys get to school they RUN inside and hug their teachers. THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted August 14, 2013

Todos los dias de mi vida le doy gracias a Dios porque soy maestra de Kingdom Academy,desde hace casi 9 a os.En mi escuela se respira un ambiente de alegria, tranquilidad y seguridad. Dia a dia, disfrutamos de todo lo que hacen y aprenden los ni os. Todo lo que hemos logrado hacer,es gracias al apoyo incondicional de la Direccion de la escuela que se caracteriza por sus grandes valores humanos y espirituales y porque ademas no escatima de ofrecer todo lo mejor para nuestros ni os desde la rica comida que alli se hace, limpieza y organizacion, profesionalismo de todas las maestras, abundancia de materiales y juguetes, esfuerzo y dedicacion por obtener los mejores resultados academicos, Por todos estos meritos y muchos mas que lograremos con el transcurso de los a os, hacen que mi escuela es la mejor. Eso no lo digo yo solamente sino toda las visitas que hemos recibidos con exclamaciones positivas,comentarios elogios y agradecimientos de la mayoria de los padres.

Posted August 14, 2013

My family has received so many blessings from Kingdom Academy. I can honestly say that my life would not be the same without the support and love that this school brings to my children and I. Kingdom Academy brings a lot of love and safety to everyone who enters the building. They share their passion and love to see a smile on every child's face. My three children are happy to come every day. They considerate Kingdom Academy as their second home. I truly do recommend this school with all my heart.

Posted August 14, 2013

Working at Kingdom Academy is an experience like no other. It truly is an honor to work here. The staff, administration, teachers and parents are all involved and work together as an effective team. As a professional you can be part of an amazing team of people that work together and strive to accomplish the same goal-student success. Students have fun learning and participating in all of our school events. The children are given ample opportunities to learn in various ways by using different teaching strategies.Parents are encouraged to take part of academic development as well as fun events. Overall, I highly recommend this school to any parent who is considering a great education for their child. As of rules, I believe that as adults we need to teach our kids to respect and to follow rules that in a future will help them surpass the stages in life. it's an amazing way to involve parents because you are not only helping and teaching your children the importance of volunteering but showing them how important it is to be charismatic. I just cant believe that people will take time from their precious life to post negative comments to such an amazing place.

Posted August 2, 2013

Personally, I don't recommend this school, I have not a good experience there, at first sight it looks like an organized school with good aknowledgment, but actually is not like that, I have a 4 years old boy there 6 months ago, and in this time, he has change teachers at least 4 times, and it is not good for kids, with the 2 last ones, he has learned a lot, but again he has a new teacher and my son is backwards! They told me they have a christian orientation, but that's not true, he never receive religious class or anything like that! Don't take your child there!! Always my son is asking me about when am I going to change him of that school, he does not love that school

Posted June 9, 2013

I am not going to put my child back in this school. I am not pleased with the lack of communication and lack of knowledge that the administration has towards many things! There is no communication.

Posted December 7, 2011

As a parent I am extremely concerned and very disturbed with the school's administration!!! I have never seen such an unprofessional demeanor towards the parents and towards some of their very own teachers. I have experienced this first hand. I am currently looking for another school to place my son in. The school's administration does not know how to run a school or to handle certain situations. They have poor communication skills with others. They really make it a bitter welcoming for you as a parent...they smile but you can see how fake they are. There are maybe 3 teachers that are so worth it and I honestly don't know what they are doing there! I am thankful for those teachers who are doing their job with love towards their students. To those teachers...keep doing what you do with love; but to the rest of you...try and learn something about those teachers that know what they are doing. You might learn something! DO NOT PLACE YOUR CHILD in a "school" like this!!! But don't take my word for it...research it.

Posted September 14, 2011

This is the 3rd year in the school and I love it more every day!!! now that my daughter is in pre-k I am learning more about the program and think they are very organized and have a very good environment. My child loves the food, every day she has a new experience to tell and she is learning a lot. The installations are great, the classrooms are big, organized, they paint the school every year, and keep it clean.

Posted September 12, 2011

Things have changed! They always say that change is good. Unfortunately, in this case it is not. So far this year we are not happy with the changes. What made this school special were the teachers they had. They have new teachers that are not as special. My child came home one day and stated"She doesn't care!" talking about her teacher. That had never happened the other two years that we have been there. You know how much it hurts to hear that from your child? Also, it has been two weeks already into the school year and we are not happy with the after school program. Another change they made that is not positive. The teachers were the ones that made this school very unique. Now we don't know. Unfortunately, we will continue in this school this year. But we will be looking for another school next year, unless there are positive changes made. So far not good!

Posted August 17, 2011

Personally i have to say that i was extremely happy with the Kindergarden curriculum. Ms. Soto was one of the best things that has happened to my child. Not only does she prepare her kids very well academically, but she has a very caring and loving personality. She really knows how to make a child feel special and loved. I look forward to having a good year in first grade and hope the teacher is just as great as the previous one.

Posted June 13, 2011

MY daughter went to this school from age 2 til 4, her last day was friday. When my daughter first attended this school I was as happy and as impressed with the school as any mom would after finding a safe place for their children. the first two years my daugher was happy to be there, loved the food, she would come home singing new songs every day, her level in education would grow and showed significant changes week after week. this past year the school menu changed from being freshly made to being catered, she disliked the food and asked for me to pick her up early because she would be soo hungry, not once did she come home signing new songs, her primary journal only had 5 pages of scribble when i picked it up at the end of the year, she didnt advance educationalyl at all this year, i spoke to a few parents and they had the same experience with their children. This year I felt my child was at a day care instead of an academy. the administration never made me feel as if i entered a great happy place in the mornings or afternoons. the new in out system at the end was a hassle. I am extremely happy to be out of kingdom and starting a new adventure.

Posted June 11, 2011

This year my child graduated from Kingdom Academy and just want to say thank you.....to everybody involved in my child's education all this years (3 years) My son is now ready for kindergarten and the only reason he will not continue in the school is because we need to move out of State. I recommend the school 100%

Posted June 1, 2011

I am extremely pleased with this Private School. The teachers and the staff make the experience feel like we are part of a big family. After looking at about 7 other schools we decided to pick this one and have been there for 2 years. My daughters have learned a lot. Yes there are activities that you need to pay for, but instead of going to another place you are in the comfort of the school. If you don't pay for them there are other activities: Italian, Art, Music(Chorus), Civics and Soccer part of the after school program. The teachers that my daughters have been involved with are the BEST! They care!! The ladies in front are very helpful. Any questions or issues I have had they have done a great job responding. The food that they eat at school is healthy and it is not junk food. Freshly cooked every day! Now the only two issues that I have are that the school should hire professional cleaning staff so that the school is clean especially in the mornings. Also, that there is not enough parking spaces. Some parents are inconsiderate and park in front of the school not giving other parents room to pass. This is a GREAT SCHOOL the relationships built here are for life!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Special education coordinator
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • State of Florida Gold Seal (2014)
  • Recognition of Literacy Achievement Million Minute Marathon (2013)
  • Recognition of Inaugural 21st CCLC Earth Day Celebration (2013)
Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Certificate of Appreciation Autism Speaks (2013)
  • School Choice Leadership Award (2014)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Speech and language impairments
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

Foreign languages spoken by staff

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 6:30 am
School end time
  • 6:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Ms. Paola Margary
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • 305-385-3761
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Mathematics
  • Religious
  • Science
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered
  • Tutoring
Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Access to sports fields
  • Art room
  • Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • The Children's Trust

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club
  • Drum line
  • Yearbook

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Tutor