618 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Very good school, my son has been there since kinder and is now going to fourth grade, he loves to go to school everyday and we're very happy with how much he has learned!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school is very honest and fair....you earn what you get. There is no favoritism etc.

My son started Kindergarten at Academir in the 2013-2014 School Year. I can honestly say that I am so pleased with the school and the education that they have provided him with. I do not have anything negative at all to say about this school. The administration, staff and teachers have been nothing but amazing with him these past 3 years. This coming August my youngest will start Kindergarten there and he is coming from a public school pre-k program and Academir has been overly helpful with the process. Besides being a school most of the parents who have their kids here are involved in their children's education. It starts at home, you cannot expect to have your kids learn everything at school, parent support is vital in the every childs success. Aside from the daily school learning they offer a lot of enrichment programs that grow team building and self-esteem!! My son has been enrolled in Chess since Kindergarten and I then added him to Football, Basketball and Soccer throughout the years. No, this isn't free...but it isn't free outside of school either, these are clubs and it's just like enrolling at an out of school Karate School, Ballet etc. You will not be disappointed with this school at all if you are an involved parent and want the best for your son/daughter.

The over all school is great. I think there have some issues but every school has issues. you have to pick one !

I'm pretty sure the bad comments about kids not treated fairly had to be about an specific situation, I personally haven't had or seen any negative topic to talk about this school, I'm very happy with everything that school gives to my child not only academically, my kid is a happy person who loves going to school everyday because there is a god atmosphere in there,the building is very safe, clean and beautiful inside, the communication is excellent, the make sure all parents receive the information promptly and additionally they send reminders for every single thing, I'm not only speaking for myself, I have spoken with a lot of mothers and all of them are agree with me, he amount of homework is just right, not too much so overwhelmed kids, I don't personally know the owners but for me they keep checking the more minimal detail so the school can face its own slogan: "Expect excellence"

Develops character: Strongly agree

All students here have been treated fairly. Those derogatory comments about AcadeMir not being fair with the children and that they only choose the bright is completely false. This is coming from a parent that is in the school constantly. I have a first hand look at how the kids are treated and are dealt with, and I have seen nothing but nurturing and fairness of ALL administration and staff.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework given to the students, at any grade level, is just the right amount. My child has learned and excelled and that is not just with the teaching but with the homework and home support that every child needs. Any parent that complains that they have to sit with their child to do home work, is not a true parent. Stop thinking of yourself and your own agenda and help your child strive for greatness. That starts with homework parents.

Quite honestly the school administrators are to blame for the inadequate and bias treatment of student. This is a business but you get involved in this business for the joy of educating our future leaders and not profit!! If the parent who wrote the preview on July 22 obviously has no value in the education their child receives. It's not about a pretty school and uniform!!!! It's about the CHILD and substance. not being there to befriend to ensure you are among the favored.

I volunteer at Academir which involves going inside the school and also pick up my daughter everyday and carpooling . The kids i take complaint of teachers and kids but what school would’ve have the same problems (its children exploring and getting to know each other). I cant complaint about the staff or administration. And comparing Academir to a public school there no comparison, 600 academir VS 1000 plus children to a public school and I bet the principal doesn’t know all their names. In reference to the teacher being young I prefer a teacher who is young and full of energy and bring new things to the classroom. Side note most teachers are married with children. We as parents want the best for are children, but society and lack of parenting at home is to blame for those bad review. The school isn't perfect but what school is. . I saw a previous review about the school and her child being a transaction instead of a school, Yes the owner make money but why would you have a business to not make profit.

this school drop the ball in the renrollmentI of my son that has been in that school since he was four years old they lost the paperwork now they're saying that he needs to get on the waiting list they have lost I'll touch with reality and it just became a business to themof my son that has been in that's cool and he was 4 years old they lost the paperwork another sale that he needs to get on a waiting list they have lost all touch with reality so as it stands my son has no school to go to because of their negligence with the paperwork it's very easy to blame it on the kid but remember that kid has been in that school his whole life since he was four and now is 11 supposedly trying to transfer to the 6th grade and this is where all the paperwork got lost

Last modified Academir Charter School West is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.