Public charter
Miami, FL

Posted December 04, 2014
My son was transferred from a Magnet Art School into this school. The principal quit one month into the school year, thereafter the vast majority of teachers at the school quit as well. There has been so much turn around! Substitute teachers in and out of the school. This is the first year of the Common Core exam. How can anyone expect students to perform well in the exam if substitute teachers with only 60 college credits are the ones teaching the children!!!! Nonetheless, my son's grades in school are excellent but that's only because the material being provided to these children (in MIDDLE SCHOOL) are coloring pages. Additionally, they do not accommodate children with disabilities. My son is under a 504 plan and that teachers are REQUIRED by law to provide certain accommodations. A teacher at that school had no regards for my disabled child when she decided to make fun of him for turning in an assignment that was done incorrectly. Apparently that's is what she finds funny, disabled children! Oh and for the record, this is the same teacher that provided her 7th grade classroom a coloring page of a turkey as an assignment. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL!!

Posted August 05, 2014
This is not an educational institution, this is their own little busines. They show preferential treatment to a certain few. The students are just a number and they are not committed to the childs educational success, but more so of how the school can be used along with taxpayer funds to be their personal cash cow.

Posted August 04, 2014
"We have a waiting list long enough to fill 3, schools. We don't need to work with your son". That's what I got days before Christmas because my son, 3, bit another student. They have cameras, yet were unable to provide any proof to this. I was then told that I can re enroll him the following month if I repay the registration fee! Seriously!!! They obviously view children as dollar signs and nothing more.

Posted May 05, 2014
I am very pleased with the dedication of the teachers. My child is continuously progressing and motivated to learn. They have lots of activities for the children and inform parents of any events or news within the school. Overall it is a great school!

Posted March 18, 2014
The worst school ever they do not help the kids when they made a mistake when the kids made a mistake the destroyed then I don't have words to described how they treat the kids they do not educated they destroy their life. Think twice before enrolled your kids .

Posted July 15, 2013
My daughter attends Academir Charter School West since Kinder. From day one, the enitre staff has done an extrodinary job of teaching and developing skills as she matriculates through these very formative years of her education. I take pride in knowing she is being challenged on a dialy basis.

Posted July 11, 2013
I absolutely love this school and the teachers! My daughter was in 3rd grade this year and her teachers Mrs. Fernandez and Ms. Nunez were phenomenal. They updated all parents through their website, motivated the students, and always took the extra step to help the children. I couldn't be happier than how I was this school year. 100% of their students passed the FCAT which is impressive and it is a reflection of their hard work and dedication. As for the parent comments below, they are false. Some parents' expectations are crazy and they think they can bully teachers and administrators to getting their way, There are so many wonderful things about this school: after-school enrichment programs, great teachers, wonderful students, a clean, safe environment, positive reinforcement, etc. Keep up the great work Academir!

Posted June 05, 2013
I DON'T HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS SCHOOLS SINCE I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF PROGRESS WITH MY DAUGTHER. THEY ARE A GREAT TEAM.

Posted June 03, 2013
This school is an exelent institution where the kids are in a very good learning environment supported by all teachers and staff

Posted April 10, 2013
My son is currently in first grade in Academir. He started last year in Kindergarten. I am extremely happy with the progress he has made in this school. His kindergarten teacher was amazing as is his first grade teacher. He has a behavior chart to keep me informed of his behavior and a log in his notebook for communication with his teacher, which works very well. I have read some negative comments and its disappointing. I am curious to see what parents expect? In my experience with two different teachers, communication has been great. No, you cannot just walk into class and talk to them (which I think is a great security measure and a way to avoid annoying parents) but you can email, leave messages, write notes, etc. I have never had to wait more than a day for a response. Also, my son has severe allergies and they are very attentive to that. As far as academics goes, they are doing great. They are an A school and do put a lot of emphasis on reading. The only thing I wish they had was a gifted program, but I still have hope they will open that soon.

Academir Charter School West
14880 Southwest 26th Street, Miami, FL  33185
Last modified Academir Charter School West is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academir Charter School West Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top