618 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted January 22, 2016
I'm pretty sure the bad comments about kids not treated fairly had to be about an specific situation, I personally haven't had or seen any negative topic to talk about this school, I'm very happy with everything that school gives to my child not only academically, my kid is a happy person who loves going to school everyday because there is a god atmosphere in there,the building is very safe, clean and beautiful inside, the communication is excellent, the make sure all parents receive the information promptly and additionally they send reminders for every single thing, I'm not only speaking for myself, I have spoken with a lot of mothers and all of them are agree with me, he amount of homework is just right, not too much so overwhelmed kids, I don't personally know the owners but for me they keep checking the more minimal detail so the school can face its own slogan: "Expect excellence"

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 13, 2015
All students here have been treated fairly. Those derogatory comments about AcadeMir not being fair with the children and that they only choose the bright is completely false. This is coming from a parent that is in the school constantly. I have a first hand look at how the kids are treated and are dealt with, and I have seen nothing but nurturing and fairness of ALL administration and staff.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 13, 2015
The amount of homework given to the students, at any grade level, is just the right amount. My child has learned and excelled and that is not just with the teaching but with the homework and home support that every child needs. Any parent that complains that they have to sit with their child to do home work, is not a true parent. Stop thinking of yourself and your own agenda and help your child strive for greatness. That starts with homework parents.

Academir Charter School West 2

Posted August 08, 2015
Quite honestly the school administrators are to blame for the inadequate and bias treatment of student. This is a business but you get involved in this business for the joy of educating our future leaders and not profit!! If the parent who wrote the preview on July 22 obviously has no value in the education their child receives. It's not about a pretty school and uniform!!!! It's about the CHILD and substance. not being there to befriend to ensure you are among the favored.

Academir Charter School West 4

Posted July 22, 2015
I volunteer at Academir which involves going inside the school and also pick up my daughter everyday and carpooling . The kids i take complaint of teachers and kids but what school would’ve have the same problems (its children exploring and getting to know each other). I cant complaint about the staff or administration. And comparing Academir to a public school there no comparison, 600 academir VS 1000 plus children to a public school and I bet the principal doesn’t know all their names. In reference to the teacher being young I prefer a teacher who is young and full of energy and bring new things to the classroom. Side note most teachers are married with children. We as parents want the best for are children, but society and lack of parenting at home is to blame for those bad review. The school isn't perfect but what school is. . I saw a previous review about the school and her child being a transaction instead of a school, Yes the owner make money but why would you have a business to not make profit.

Academir Charter School West 3

Posted June 29, 2015
this school drop the ball in the renrollmentI of my son that has been in that school since he was four years old they lost the paperwork now they're saying that he needs to get on the waiting list they have lost I'll touch with reality and it just became a business to themof my son that has been in that's cool and he was 4 years old they lost the paperwork another sale that he needs to get on a waiting list they have lost all touch with reality so as it stands my son has no school to go to because of their negligence with the paperwork it's very easy to blame it on the kid but remember that kid has been in that school his whole life since he was four and now is 11 supposedly trying to transfer to the 6th grade and this is where all the paperwork got lost

Posted February 17, 2015
Hi Everyone. I'm a single parent with 2 girls that are currently at Academir West. Can't say enough about this school. My girls came from a private school and were experiencing difficulty in several subjects. I was approached by administration and asked to allow my girls to be part of their daily tutoring, including Saturdays. I know it's a lot on my plate, but when you are given the opportunity to help your children you accept it with open arms. The daily tutoring is free of charge. I am very fortunate that my girls are in this school where they are acknowledged and given plenty of attention. Thank you!

Posted February 17, 2015
Best school my son has gone to. I t took me 2 years before my son was finally accepted through the lottery system. It was worth the wait. They offer a rigorous curriculum and children are encouraged to learn. They keep the children motivated with their science fair, band, spelling bee, robotics, basketball, tutoring, etc.; and these are all free. Can't ask for a better school.

Posted May 05, 2014
I am very pleased with the dedication of the teachers. My child is continuously progressing and motivated to learn. They have lots of activities for the children and inform parents of any events or news within the school. Overall it is a great school!

Academir Charter School West 1

Posted March 18, 2014
The worst school ever they do not help the kids when they made a mistake when the kids made a mistake the destroyed then I don't have words to described how they treat the kids they do not educated they destroy their life. Think twice before enrolled your kids .

14880 Southwest 26th Street, Miami, FL  33185
Last modified Academir Charter School West is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academir Charter School West Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top