Miami, FL
Students enrolled: ?
Before care: Yes

Posted November 13, 2013
I am putting this review to advice parents. St Michael is the worst school in the entire world. My daughter was only three weeks there and I could not be worst. Very poor academic contest, asking for money every day and using the name of the church and the Catholicism to apparent something different as they really are.

Posted September 11, 2013
My husband attended St Michael the Archangel School 40 years ago and sill maintains close friendships with the kids he met in kindergarten. We have had the same experience with our two daughters, the oldest graduated last year and went on to LaSalle High School. The teachers are caring and take time with each child. The principal goes beyond what just required and will go out and get special program for children who need it. The coaching staff is great, positive attitudes while training to win at the same time and to win or lose with grace. Would recommend to anyone. Call them, they have many financial aid plans if needed and you will find you get a quality education and have children who graduate with high grades, good attitudes and religious spirits. Please go there if at all possible, you won't regret it. Your child will be safe and loved during the day so you will have no need to worry when they are away from you. Ipads have been instituted for middle school 6-8 to keep the kids up to date-no more books! The computer lab is high tech teaching them to use modern technology before they get to the iPad. Church is weekly and interesting for them.

Posted March 07, 2013
Former Student: This school lacked competive curriculum and had no sense of standards when it came to any aspect of a civilized private school. Many friends of mine, whom I met in High School, excelled further in their studies due to there strong foundations made and nurtured in other private institutions. For example, St. Teresa in Coral Gables, provided a strong curriculum and well-mannered environment that transformed children into young and proper adults. St. Michael's fails where most private schools succeed. Teachers lack knowledge, most with only basic college degrees or no degrees at all. Even the school lunches lack in benefits. School Lunch, in a private school, is suppose to feed its students in an organic and healthy manner. Providing salads and meals with low calorie intakes are crucial for the healthy well-being of its students. Overall, there's no positive energy or any positive aspects for the matter.

Posted October 28, 2011
I do admit the teachers and faculty is good, but they do not know how to resolve major problems like head lice. I also had my son in SMA from PK4 to 3rd grade and my daughter from kinder to 3rd now.I have now taken my son out and put him into a public school and he was behind from SMA. The teachers at the public school was shocked at how little he knew compaired to other 4th graders. Now that he is the 5th grade at a public school he is up to date. My niece was there too and she said when she was in 8th grade there that she was being taught everything she knew from 6th grade. SMA is more worried about religion then studies. My daughters 3rd grade class has 32 kids and one teacher. My sons public school has only 22 kids. You decide what is better. For me if I could take my daughter out of this school I would. It is not worth any amount of money. They could tell me I could bring my kids there for free and I would not.

Posted August 16, 2010
Great family environment... great learning gains... fantastic teachers... special area classes are fun and engaging... the sports program is fair and the religious education is strong.

Posted October 29, 2009

St Michael-Archangel School 3

Posted June 03, 2009
SMA is changing and I see a bright future for our children. Textbooks are being updated, the school is now on Edline for better communication and it has been wired with access to the internet. Some things still have to change such as better looking classrooms with updated materials such as classroom libraries and manipulatives for math and more computers in the classrooms. I also feel that the overall atmosphere is not too warm with the students. Discipline needs to be enforced with nurturing strategies and not with punishment the way is being done now. Teachers lack flexibility. The principal is great, she addresses problems effectively and in a timely manner. The counselor is also fantastic. She is in tune with the students needs. More in-service for teachers would be beneficial so they can learn new up to date strategies to solve discipline issues.

Posted March 10, 2009
My son studied from Kinder to 5th Grade in St Michael. I registered first in a private school with just 3 children in the Kinder class because I knew he was special. It was a disaster. He got out of control after one month, the teacher was so bad. It was a different story in St Michael, they made him feel as family. They were so affectionate with my son. He did so well, and he always got between 97%-tile and 99%-tile in the Iowa test. He got all the foundations in this great school. I change him in middle school just because he wanted to be more challenged in the classes to another great school.

St Michael-Archangel School 4

Posted October 12, 2008

Posted July 26, 2008
I attended this school back in the late 70's early 80's and even had my children attend the school to a total disappointment. I was very excited when I was able to have them attend the same school as I wisshed that they would have had the great experience that I did. Unfortunately I do not have one good thing to say about the school other than my children made some very good friends there. The staff is in adequate and never able to attend to your needs. The teachers are not qualified to be teaching and maybe a couple if that are actually ceretified teachers! Nothing that I would recommend to any one.

St Michael-Archangel School
300 Northwest 28th Avenue, Miami, FL  33125
Last modified St Michael-Archangel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Michael-Archangel School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top