Posted May 07, 2014
Bar none...best HS for boys in South Florida. My son attended all 4 years and is graduating now fully prepared for college. He respects and adores the faculty and he shares a camaraderie with all students that is impressive. You can see it if you attend a few games or just any school activity...many of the teachers are ex alumni that have told me they loved the school so much they wanted to continue the legacy and give back by teaching there...in summary....AWESOME

Posted May 04, 2014
CCHS is definitely a top notch school. One of the best all boy private schools in the US. The academics are significant, the students are very well mannered, and the educators are very well prepared and care for each student individually. My son is graduating this year and has had an amazing experience here! He doesn't want to graduate. CCHS has been great!

Posted January 25, 2014
I took the entrance exam today and the enviroment is amazing, The teachers are funny. It's a nice big school

Christopher Columbus High School 4

Posted April 07, 2013
I have three sons and they all attended CCHS, two have graduated and the third is in his senior year. My sons are all proud of their school and claim they will send their boys there if they still live in the Miami area. From a parent's perspective, I've seen my boys grow up into caring, bright and responsible young men. They each handle their committments to academics differently and the school has placed them in a program that's both challenging but allows them to succeed. I am glad we made the decision to enroll them in this school.

Christopher Columbus High School 4

Posted June 06, 2012
A 30 year old experience is certainly invalid and irrelevant today. I have not heard of any "meathead" coaches teaching any academic courses.

Christopher Columbus High School 2

Posted May 08, 2012
I had the misfortune of attending CCHS all 4 years. 30 years later I still think that was the worst time of my life. There were more than a couple of amazing teachers & I remain grateful for their influence but more often than not classes were taught by by meathead coaches with little interest in the subject matter & even less interest in the students that didn't play a sport. If your boy is all about football, this is the institution for you. But if you're plagued by liberal or artistic sensibilities, run away. The all male environment is kind of horrible, too.

Christopher Columbus High School 2

Posted November 08, 2011
This school promotes itself as having different academic levels. I'm very disappointed. The school places kids in honor classes due to placement tests. They don't look at the child's educational history. They place kids in honor and advanced classed then refuse to place the child at the proper academic level. They don't care if your child has struggled with a subject prior to entering this school. They rather allow your kid to be overwhelmed and fail over properly placing them at the right level. They promise they will work with your kid during open houses. Once your kid is in, they have no problem with setting up your child for failure. They see no correlation between a kids academic history and those placement tests they have. Unless your child is a brilliant kid don't come to this school. Theynhave zero experience dealing with add kids. They don't even seem to care.

Posted March 10, 2011
Great School, great faculty and the attitude overall is great!! They prepare the students very well to enter college.

Posted January 07, 2011
My son attended Columbus for 4 years and had a terrific experience. The teachers and Principal knew him as a person not a number. He's been the recipient of an education that was well rounded and good enough to get him a college scholarship. He took AP courses and was a Captain of his football team and one did not supercede the other. My son is not naturally gifted; he has to put in an effort in everything he does, but he found the encouragement to excel. The coaches worked with him because he worked with them and appreciated what was needed. After high school he has continued to garner support from his teachers and coaches and I couldn't be happier with the decision we made to send him there.

Christopher Columbus High School 0

Posted October 20, 2010
My grandsons attend this school and are reciving a fine well rounded education.

Christopher Columbus High School
3000 Southwest 87th Avenue, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Christopher Columbus High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Christopher Columbus High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews.