9-12|Private
1,340 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 25, 2016
I won't mention her name, but she's the only beacon of hope I had in this hellhole of a place. The only member of the staff who actually took the time to show an interest in me as a student and as a person.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 25, 2016
Most of my graduating class consisted of burnouts who couldn't care less about where they ended up after graduating.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 25, 2016
In my time at Columbus I saw students curse out teachers and administrators, as well as ridicule others for their mental issues and sexuality.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 25, 2016
I currently am on speaking terms with 2 of the 360 people in my graduating class. I never felt any sense of "brotherhood" as the administrators claim the school fosters; when I've seen someone from my graduating class (both in Miami and New York where I live now), we exchange no more than a glare. Students made fun of other students for mental disability, sexuality, and even economic status.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 25, 2016
Honesty, integrity, and fairness? When I was there we said CCHS stood for "Cheaters' Central High School."

Posted July 25, 2016
I graduated from Columbus a few years ago, and at the time, I thought it was a very good school that had given me lifelong friends, a quality education, a deep moral and religious grounding, and a strong sense of self. In the years since, I've realized how delusional I (and my parents) were. Columbus did more harm than good in helping us develop as young men (as the school loves to claim it does). I never felt like any teachers, advisors, and administrators were approachable or available to me—both academically and personally—and day-to-day operation of the school can be described with "Donnie Darko meets Lord of the Flies". Despite being in the "advanced" program, I felt just as unprepared for college and real life as the rest of the school. My parents have expressed similar sentiments about every aspect of the school, and have apologized to me multiple times for sending me there, wasting their money there, and setting me back years at a time when I should be maturing in all aspects. Talk about buyer's remorse.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 09, 2015
Morals do not exist..For a religious education you will not get it here..Are few good teachers here but most that are good will be moving on..

Posted November 09, 2015
Ditto, to all the other disappointing one star posts. Baseball leads the pack, morals what morals, good thing a religious school you would not think so. bullying by team captains, seen the videos of team captain taking another junior members car keys and driving his car on baseball field. Pre night before game drinking, sad. Nothing was ever done other teachers know about it as well. running thru lourdes police attending, Disrupting classes then taking this attitude on to field with support from head coach no type of punishment -- others made to run for this one's mistakes. No other players standing up to this -ad no morals.. Someones got pictures on someone here.. Onwards and upwards, wish them well but far away from us. Lots of other great picks vs this spot. FB / Golf coaches good. Spots need a re align as they call the shots over the principal and try not to sweep under the carpet..It can only be sugar coated so long before the truth is out..

Posted October 12, 2015
I am so so happy that I am finally finished with this school. The fact that I never have to return to this place makes me ecstatic. During my time here I had the misfortune of dealing with some terrible teachers that assigned loads of busy work.. I only had a handful of quality teachers that taught and actually cared about my education. During my time here I played baseball and it was honestly the WORST baseball program I have ever been a part of. There is nothing good that came from my time there. They are clueless on what it means to be a quality coach and I have ZERO respect for the head coach. This corrupt program is all about money and donations and as a recent comment says paying under the table. The amount of negative things I can write about this program will take up all 1563 characters that this website allows me to use...

Christopher Columbus High School 5

Posted September 28, 2015
My oldest son graduated from Columbus in 2014. He came from a public school so the transition was a little difficult at first, especially the all boy part. He truly loved the school by the end of his freshman year. He had a wonderful experience both academically and in sports. Anytime I had a concern or an issue, it was taken care of by either a teacher or administration. He is doing great in college and is very proud to be an Explorer.

3000 Southwest 87th Avenue, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Christopher Columbus High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12