Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,340

Posted February 03, 2015
I've had two boys go though Christopher Columbus high school and I can sincerely say that it has met and exceeded all of my expectations. Columbus provides a both top-ranked academic and athletic environment each based on discipline and integrity which is without replication anywhere. I can sincerely say that the graduates at Columbus come out as men with traditional values and connections that will lead them to excellence throughout the rest of their lives.

Posted January 22, 2015
Columbus is a top notch school. I am glad that I graduated from there. I feel I was well prepared for college and made friendships that will last forever. Everyone says that Columbus is only for athletes, but that is far from the truth. Everyone can find a niche there: You can be on the award winning TV crew (CCNN), you can be on a great debate or robotics team, you can lead the student body, you can be a MAS scholar, you can work the stage in drama, you can be highlighted in a museum if you are an art student, etc. The opportunities at Columbus are endless. Best school in Miami. Proud to be an EXPLORER!!!!

Christopher Columbus High School 1

Posted September 30, 2014
Bad education and bad sportsmanship. Is the school that parents love to say my son graduated from but the kids go thru hell.

Christopher Columbus High School 1

Posted September 30, 2014
This school takes the 1st prize in hiding bad teachers, bullying and a baseball program that works as long as you pay the coaches under the table.

Posted May 07, 2014
Bar none...best HS for boys in South Florida. My son attended all 4 years and is graduating now fully prepared for college. He respects and adores the faculty and he shares a camaraderie with all students that is impressive. You can see it if you attend a few games or just any school activity...many of the teachers are ex alumni that have told me they loved the school so much they wanted to continue the legacy and give back by teaching there...in summary....AWESOME

Posted May 04, 2014
CCHS is definitely a top notch school. One of the best all boy private schools in the US. The academics are significant, the students are very well mannered, and the educators are very well prepared and care for each student individually. My son is graduating this year and has had an amazing experience here! He doesn't want to graduate. CCHS has been great!

Posted January 25, 2014
I took the entrance exam today and the enviroment is amazing, The teachers are funny. It's a nice big school

Christopher Columbus High School 4

Posted April 07, 2013
I have three sons and they all attended CCHS, two have graduated and the third is in his senior year. My sons are all proud of their school and claim they will send their boys there if they still live in the Miami area. From a parent's perspective, I've seen my boys grow up into caring, bright and responsible young men. They each handle their committments to academics differently and the school has placed them in a program that's both challenging but allows them to succeed. I am glad we made the decision to enroll them in this school.

Christopher Columbus High School 4

Posted June 06, 2012
A 30 year old experience is certainly invalid and irrelevant today. I have not heard of any "meathead" coaches teaching any academic courses.

Christopher Columbus High School 2

Posted May 08, 2012
I had the misfortune of attending CCHS all 4 years. 30 years later I still think that was the worst time of my life. There were more than a couple of amazing teachers & I remain grateful for their influence but more often than not classes were taught by by meathead coaches with little interest in the subject matter & even less interest in the students that didn't play a sport. If your boy is all about football, this is the institution for you. But if you're plagued by liberal or artistic sensibilities, run away. The all male environment is kind of horrible, too.

Christopher Columbus High School
3000 Southwest 87th Avenue, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Christopher Columbus High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Christopher Columbus High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top