Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,340

Posted April 24, 2015
My son attended CCHS for 4 years. The education at this school is only good if your son is part of the Mas program otherwise you are better of going to any public school and probably receive a better education. With that being said, they have to have the worst basketball program and coach in the entire country. The coach Henry Lorenzo is a bully, not sure how he is still coaching after all these years and how the parents, students and faculty have not done something about his terrible attitude on and off the court. Overall the experience my son had was mediocre. Don t let them fool you with the so called brotherhood!

Posted February 03, 2015
I've had two boys go though Christopher Columbus high school and I can sincerely say that it has met and exceeded all of my expectations. Columbus provides a both top-ranked academic and athletic environment each based on discipline and integrity which is without replication anywhere. I can sincerely say that the graduates at Columbus come out as men with traditional values and connections that will lead them to excellence throughout the rest of their lives.

Posted January 22, 2015
Columbus is a top notch school. I am glad that I graduated from there. I feel I was well prepared for college and made friendships that will last forever. Everyone says that Columbus is only for athletes, but that is far from the truth. Everyone can find a niche there: You can be on the award winning TV crew (CCNN), you can be on a great debate or robotics team, you can lead the student body, you can be a MAS scholar, you can work the stage in drama, you can be highlighted in a museum if you are an art student, etc. The opportunities at Columbus are endless. Best school in Miami. Proud to be an EXPLORER!!!!

Posted September 30, 2014
Bad education and bad sportsmanship. Is the school that parents love to say my son graduated from but the kids go thru hell.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 30, 2014
This school takes the 1st prize in hiding bad teachers, bullying and a baseball program that works as long as you pay the coaches under the table.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 07, 2014
Bar none...best HS for boys in South Florida. My son attended all 4 years and is graduating now fully prepared for college. He respects and adores the faculty and he shares a camaraderie with all students that is impressive. You can see it if you attend a few games or just any school activity...many of the teachers are ex alumni that have told me they loved the school so much they wanted to continue the legacy and give back by teaching there...in summary....AWESOME

Posted May 04, 2014
CCHS is definitely a top notch school. One of the best all boy private schools in the US. The academics are significant, the students are very well mannered, and the educators are very well prepared and care for each student individually. My son is graduating this year and has had an amazing experience here! He doesn't want to graduate. CCHS has been great!

Posted January 25, 2014
I took the entrance exam today and the enviroment is amazing, The teachers are funny. It's a nice big school

Christopher Columbus High School 4

Posted April 07, 2013
I have three sons and they all attended CCHS, two have graduated and the third is in his senior year. My sons are all proud of their school and claim they will send their boys there if they still live in the Miami area. From a parent's perspective, I've seen my boys grow up into caring, bright and responsible young men. They each handle their committments to academics differently and the school has placed them in a program that's both challenging but allows them to succeed. I am glad we made the decision to enroll them in this school.

Christopher Columbus High School 4

Posted June 06, 2012
A 30 year old experience is certainly invalid and irrelevant today. I have not heard of any "meathead" coaches teaching any academic courses.

Christopher Columbus High School
3000 Southwest 87th Avenue, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Christopher Columbus High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Christopher Columbus High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top