PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The teachers in math and science are inadequate and the students are even worse. The school worships the donors and their children and love sports more than anything else. They may say academics come first but in reality they're second. The Middle School was pretty great but once you get to Upper School I urge you to leave unless you're into sports, parties, drugs, and the "in crowd". Can't wait to get out of there, the only reason it's getting two stars is for the English department. Embedded honors is really annoying though that should change.

Sub-par quality of education, especially considering the insanely high tuition cost. Lots of drug use. Students are spoiled and bratty, and get away with murder because the administration will do anything to appease the parents, especially of wealthier students (DONORS).

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Bullying is a huge problem, and the students with donor parents are treated better than those who do not. Even the elementary school students flaunt their money to students with less, or those whose parents dont spoil them like the others.

the weak curriculum, the teacher who teaches geography to the 7 graders while playing the game "we are running away from zombies" (?!), another teach who says to my daughter that she "can relate to cannibalism because her family has properties in Indonesia and she spends her vacations here" (obviously that teacher learned her ways while running away from zombies too:) English teacher is so repetitive and keeps loosing herself into bla that kids are sleeping on her lessons (I personally almost fall asleep during her 15 min talk during teachers/parents meet up (I have no clue what she is smoking but I fell sorry for my daughter's seating in that class learning nothing). During the rain kids run from building to building with no protection and are getting wet/seating in wet clothes and shoes in classes. My daughter had PE right after the lunch and had to run 5 laps. The tennis couch is rude and hateful to students and parents. All this for 25+K a year. Does not worth it

Develops character: Neutral

1. My daughter's tennis couch excluded her from the 2015 year team despite the fact that she is good player and her serving is probably is the best in the team. She did it because she had conflict with who asked her to address me (the students and the parents in polite way....) The school management did not do proper investigation of the fact despite the support of ma daughter's team mates. 2. I offered the management (the Head of the School) to build the club "animal protection" in liaison with the Miami Dade Animal Services (where high school students could do community hours and really help the community and the animals ). Did not get any interest from the management. After several cases like that I concluded that the management does not support the value of honesty, and is not interested in modern issues such as environment and animal protection. In two years I had my daughter there I got the impression that all the management cares about is to squeeze more money from the parents.

Having two graduates who are happy, productive, and following their passions into adulthood, Miami Country Day truly lives its mission! The opportunities are available to experience and excel in academics, of course, as well as grow in other aspects of life - leadership, sciences, arts, athletics, and community service. A great place to learn and grow!

The school needs to have new leadership. Remember the admissions office is really a sales office. The ACES lab is the best. Most of the teachers are great. However, it's about nodding heads and smiling. It looks good on the outside. However, do what you can do to assist the teachers to make their lives easier. Don't go to administrators for answers. Go to the teachers. They are your main line to help your child be the best they can be. Your teachers know your child. Not admin! Time will tell... parents are smart. Are you really getting what you are paying for? Academics or sports

I am so happy with the teachers. The school is safe for the kids. I do have my issues, but overall, the school is amazing.

We have been at MCDS three years, and my daughter has been the happiest girl there. She is challenged all the time by her teachers and peers, and students are happy with other kids achievements. Every single kid I have known at Country Day is so sure of him/herself, and that to me is half of the way in life. My daughter is in advanced math in Middle School, and I am amazed by everything she is learning. I say the same about the other subjects. Even though tuition is expensive, I don't feel it is a snob school, and like my daughter says, we are all the same in class. I strongly recommend it. I had heard many stories about how kids were treated differently because of their donations, and it is totally untrue. My daughter has been awarded many times and we have not given any big donation to the school.

My boys LOVE going to school every day. Elementary students attend Spanish or French (3x a week), P.E. (2x a week), music, art, ACES, swimming and media every week. We were initially attracted to MCDS because of its after school chess program and monthly chess tournaments. They also offer several other after school enrichment clubs. We ultimately chose MCDS for our children because of its philosophy to nourish the whole child. The teachers' qualifications are very impressive as well. Attending school on a pre-K to 12 campus offers many opportunities students at smaller schools don't have. Our boys look forward to attending MCDS until they graduate.

Last modified Miami Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12