Posted April 15, 2015
Hi, I'm an SCA mom. My children have attended this school since Pre-k, I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart that these are great teachers. The teachers are loving, dedicated and caring. The staff at SCA is very friendly. I came to this school 7 years ago, it was a very difficult time in my life. I was going thru a divorce. The staff at this school was very helpful and they guided my children while I healed and I am forever greatful to ALL of them. My kids have grown at this school physically and spiritually. I thank God for the opportunity to be at this wonderful school. God Bless all of them, and may he continue to give our leaders wisdom and courage.

Posted March 10, 2015
My daughter went to PreK-4 at this school. She was getting sick every month. That the doctor ordered for her to have an adenoidectomy and BMT done. I gave the teacher a doctor's order for my daughter not to play in the playground until specified, and to my surprise, I see her running around the playground when I would picked her up every time. I asked my daughter why was she not paying attention to this teacher and she told me that the teacher would tell her to go and play. The worst part was when my daughter told me the teacher was talking to the teacher's assistant making fun of me and saying how much she disliked me in the classroom, while my daughter and her friends were listening. The Director became very defensive when I spoke to her about it. Somehow, the doctor's note I gave the teacher disappeared, even though this was a note that was turned in to cover her absence in addition to the order not to play in the playground, so I went to my doctor to get another one. The doctor does not file copies of the original so she had to write a new one specifying that date. D. Moss didn't accept it and wanted me to give all the notes to both the administrative office and the teacher.

Posted January 28, 2015
This is the best school in whole Miami, the whole staff is super good, my kid has been learning challenging himself, is just awsome!!!

Posted December 02, 2013
I love sunset christian academy. It is a small school which I like. And everyone from the teachers, principal to the office staff are very friendly and helpful. I am very glad I swichted my daughter from chartter school to this wonderful school.

Posted January 09, 2013
I absolutely love SCA! This school has had such a positive impact on the lives of my daughters. I appreciate the high academic standards, but the love and encouragement my girls receive impresses me the most. There is a real sense of family. I wouldn't trade our school for any other.

Posted June 17, 2011
AMEN - I agree with the previous comments - God Bless SCA - My oldest daughter came from another school - started SCA last year and she loved it - She was in the Principal's Honor Roll and now my little one will be attending SCA - I am a very HAPPY PARENT.

Posted June 16, 2011
Whoever comes new to this school will be disappointed pretty soon. You have no idea what CHANGE means. I think we can have a pretty good idea with our former US president. Keep it up! Other schools will be benefiting from this.

Posted June 15, 2011
I disagree with the comments about the new pre-school director, Mrs. Pilar. She has helped my daughter adjust to her new school. She has made a few changes, but they were for the well-being of the students. It's unfair to judge someone for studying business administration - Mrs. Pilar also as a background in education as noted in her bio - http://www.sunsetchristianacademy.com/information/administration.html. Keep up to great work, Mrs. Pilar. The negative comments are being made by disgruntled family members of those teachers who will not be returning in the upcoming school year. I am very happy with my daughter's education as well as the school, Pastor and staff.

Posted June 14, 2011
I give one star just because several good teachers but in overall, as a father, i am extremely disappointed with the administration and managing of this school. My daughter has suffered of bullying all long the past school year to the point to need professional help. We took the case with the principal and the pastor of the school but they don't honor the school Policy about safety. They prefer forgiveness than prevent dangerous situations to the students. The most incredible thing was to see how the bullie student was rewarded with the principal honor roll in the awards ceremony at the end of the school year. Parents, stay away from this school if you expect safety for your children.

Posted June 14, 2011
I am absolutely agree with the last negative comments. This school is not what used to be. Theres a lack of professionalism and leadership by the principal, he seems more a public relations than a true leader, and its unaceptable the rewarded bullying situation.

Sunset Christian Academy
9393 Sunset Dr, Miami, FL  33173
Last modified Sunset Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Sunset Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top