2,359 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Robert Morgan is no doubt not a famous brand name school in Miami-Dade county with only students who are over-achievers. However, it is a great place for students of all levels. They have AP, Honors and Dual-Enrollment courses when the students are ready academically. The administration is not there to make the school look good. They are there to educate the students to reach their fullest potential. It is a very down to earth high school with students who have good nature. The teachers are phenomenal and they are always trying to help the students. You could get an excellent education in Robert Morgan if you have a motivated child, the resources are available.

My school is the best school ever and im GLAD that im here in this school because i can see my friends and i think all the teacher are cool even the princial and assissant princepal

I wrote the review on 08/20/10. I'm surprised I gave it 3 stars at that time. Well, it had only been a year. Now after 4 years I can say that I can't give it more than 1 star. Maybe if it were a regular school, it could get 3 stars.This school touts the fact that it is a "magnet" school, but to me it is just a 2nd rate school that is equal to most home schools out there. My son probably would have been better off going to Killian, his home school. The attendance office staff is so apathetic, I wonder why they have a job dealing with people. In four years of dealing with this school, I can honestly say that with the exception of a handful of really good and caring teachers (Mrs. Adger and Ms. Harden), there is nothing great about it. It's not even average in my opinion.

Our Granddaughter excelled at Robert Morgan and graduated with honors. We have been very pleased with the educational program at Robert Morgan.

To every single person reading this, I'm an excellent student and love to be proud of where I graduate from. Unfortunately, I advise everyone to apply elsewhere. Four years in this school is way too much. Awful administration, starting with the principal who would rather look up shoes online. The academies are very poor ( I only recommend the Nursing program) but the actual core classes are taught by subpar teachers. AP and Honors teachers are a bit better (some not all) but avoid regular classes, that is if you don't just want to sit and be bored all day. The best teachers at RMEC are retiring soon so the school will only get worse. The administration does nothing to improve and the counselors are horrendous. I suggest going to another school, even if you are just going for the academies, go elsewhere for the sake of your education. I know some ratings on here are good, but the school has steadily decreased over the years. The student body does not care about anything because they know they will not be penalized. The administration may portray the school to be awesome but they always put on a pleasant show to get students to attend only for them to want to transfer within a year.

I used to go to this school personally. I want to warn every parent out there that this school did not give me the education I wanted. Yes the academies are a nice touch but more than half of the academies are worth it. Most of the time you'll be siting there playing on computers and talking endlessly about your day. There were a few teachers that were regular and that were good, but those were rare and they often left early because the current principle did not give a satisfactory job. I'm not writing this review to spite the school or to condemn their space, just to warn parents to take caution and really review the school, ask for a surprise tour and ask students how they feel being at Robert Morgan. Do not send your child to this school unless you want four full years of disappointment and worry. I only withstood those four years because I took AP and Honor classes. Any classes lower than that and your child is probably not going to get an education. Its true it was good in the past but after 2010, it only went down. I suggest you take other schools like Coral Reef or Mast Academy. NOT Robert Morgan. If you truly want to guarantee your child's future.

This school is honestly THE absolute best school that Dade County has. They offer a plethora or academic classes, there academy strands are fantastic and very dedicating, and the teacher are phenomenal and great with the students. They really focus on there weakness to improve them and focus on there strengths just as much in order to further enhance there skills. (:

This would have been my daughter's 2nd year at RMEC. Last year, I wasn't impressed with this school's administration and my daughter had an even worse science teacher than she'd had in middle school (I didn't think that was possible)...and that teacher was named the school's "Science Teacher of the Year"! Her AP World History and Spanish classes had some 40-50 students in them! However, she had an excellent Art (Drawing and Painting) teacher and she was looking forward to taking Sound Engineering this year. No one from the administration came to the end-of-the-year art show! Over the summer, the school lost the Art, Sound Engineering, Chorus (who is there for the 1st 3 weeks for the students), and Spanish/French teachers. They hadn't replaced the Sound Engineering teacher (and rumor has it that he won't be replaced) and Spanish was going to be via the Florida Virtual School. The new Art teacher started the year with 'macaroni art' and was not going to be very challnging, so my daughter asked for a Transfer on Day 2. That was the best decision we've made, because now she has a great administration and small classes, and BOTH the Art and Sound Engineering teachers from here.

SO very disappointed in this school. I thought this school would be a second best choice but after my daughter's first year I am apalled that they call this a "magnet" school. The academy my daughter chose does absolutely nothing. She is in the computer design program so you would think she would be learning all she could about graphic arts...the teacher does not share his time evenly with ALL the students or at least as many as possible. When I ask my daughter what she did in class, she tells me how boring it was due to the teacher not "teaching" and how the kids are basically on their own. My daughter only had 2 teachers that were awesome, her honors language arts teacher and honors biology teacher. The afterschools activities lack BIG time...NO variety at all. They have no sports program and are so adament about "NEVER GOING TO HAVE ONE"...so don't ask. Trying to be part of the PTO is a mission in it self but they sure want your money. The schools website is not user friendly. There is no pride or excitement about the school. The school just seems...lazy. School starts tomorrow and I'm trying to sike my daughter up but...wish we accepted Terra High School's offer. Stupid us!

Exceedingly disappointing. Students are NOT CHALLENGED to their full potential, much less by sufficient homework. By "sufficient" I DON'T mean excessive, I mean adequate enough to maintain a sufficient level of proficiency (eg: math) or engage their minds with the ideas, concepts and background (ie: history) of that which they are purported to be taught. Furthermore, regular "teachers" are wasteful of the classroom time to cover their subjects, and waste much of it on unproductive and/or irrelevant material (sometimes not even academically related). Substitute teachers are, as well, highly ineffective, failing to provide what should be a continuation of the educational process for the respective course, and instead function merely as babysitters and fill-in, providing no instruction or academic opportunity. Apathy permeates the student body as well as the faculty and staff, again, providing no "fertile ground" for minds to grow and be prepared for a higher learning and a more meaningful and productive career and adulthood. To cap it off, there is also little expectation of parents or attempts by faculty and staff to EXPECT and REQUIRE proper adherence to proper social norms.

Last modified Robert Morgan Educational Center is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.