Posted September 25, 2014
My children attend the school. The teachers are very dedicated to the success of their students. Most parents are very involved in school activities.

Posted September 11, 2013
My daughters attended this school & truly enjoyed it. They are now in middle & high school and still talk about their days at Cypress. They had awesome teachers Mrs. Herrera, mrs. Rodriguez, ms.viamonte, ms.rojas (now mrs. Nordelo), patty rodriguez & mrs. Soto. Let's not forget Mrs. Paulen the music teacher. This school has the best teachers ever! The only problem is the last few years my daughter attended the new principal seemed uninvolved in the school. Other than that its a big happy family school!

Cypress Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2011
I have been a part of this great "Cypress Family" for over 10 years and it is sad to imagine that this school may not be around in two years. I always imagined my children attending this school and I wouldn't want it to close. The feeling of closeness that you get when you enter this school is very difficult to find in other schools. I feel that the moral in the school is not the same and the changes need to come from the top. Teachers are trying to keep this sinking ship afloat but with little support from the administration. It shouldn't be "Let's wait to see what happens". It's time to take action and help this school get out of this rut it's currently under. Parent involvement will not increase unless you see change coming from the top.

Posted February 21, 2011
Cypress is a wonderful school. My daughter is in her last year at Cypress and she has been fortunate to have had amazing teachers each and every year. She has excelled because of the incredible teachers and staff. The extra time the teachers put in for the morning announcements, music, drama, photography club and many special events is not easily found at any school. Unfortunately Cypress may be closed next year by the school board. PLEASE any past or present parents Cypress needs your help !!!!

Posted September 27, 2010
Wow...I am so pleased to see that this great school is still around!! I am 52 years old and I now live in West Virginia. I went to Cypress 1rsr, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade before moving. I loved it! I had some of the best and sweetest teachers and I still talk about how great a few of them were to me and my family. I live on sw 56th st...there used to be a canal across the street from my house, but by looking on google maps, I don't see it! Can anyone post on here if the canal is still there!!! Looking on the map at all this...makes me kind of homesick.

Posted August 11, 2010
Wonderful small school that feels like a family. The teachers are great and are very dedicated. The only problem keeping the school of being a 10 is the current principal, who is very unhelpful with parents' concerns and does not make an effort to make the school succeed and is not, in any way, inspiring.

Posted December 09, 2009

Cypress Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
i went to cypress, my children went there, and now my grandkids are going to cypress

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted September 20, 2008

Cypress Elementary School
5400 Southwest 112th Court, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Cypress Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cypress Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top