1,042 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)

Pinecrest Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 28, 2015
There is zero tolerance for bullying. Teachers are very respectful with parents and children. Office staff and Principal are always polite and treat kids with respect.

Posted October 28, 2015
I have been part of the Pinecrest Family since 2013 with my two kids and I couldn't tell you enough how happy I am with this school. Teachers are awesome and always willing to help my children succeed. I have been always able to communicate with them either thru email, meetings, or notes. Staff is very professional and polite. My son has an IEP Plan and they have been following it to the T and helping him in every step of it. They are very supportive and definitely would recommend this school.

Posted October 03, 2015
We have spent the last six years at Pinecrest Elementary and it has been wonderful. The administration- both past and present- are competent, reliable, and approachable. When problems arise they are handled, usually by the teacher. Homework is manageable (every teacher is different). The school is safe, despite what someone else said. There is no school in the world that is 100% safe. Safety protocols are in place in school- if you are concerned you should ask about them. Pinecrest is the best elementary school in Miami-Dade County for sure.

Posted October 02, 2015
My kids have had a great experience at this school. Committed staff, super engaged parents, and a great atmosphere.

Posted July 10, 2015
Pinecrest Elementary is an amazing public school. At first, I was hesitant to transfer my autistic son to Pinecrest because I didn't know if he could handle the environment. Contrary to my belief, he thrived. The teachers are excellent and the PTA is amazing. The fall carnival is so fun and you can tell by that one event how much effort parents put into this school. Of course, there are politics at Pinecrest and even the teachers joke about the inordinate number of "gifted" students. I could easily overlook this stuff because my son received a very good education. If you are seeking a public elementary with significant parental involvement, look no further than Pinecrest. Although we are moving, I will truly miss the teachers and parents at Pinecrest. I cannot say enough good things about this school.

Posted May 14, 2015
My son is ASD. He came to Pinecrest as an ESE Student in Mrs. Mahana's class. I can not say enough good things. These teachers work so hard and love our children. It was apparent in the development of my child and the way he talked of his experience at Pinecrest. This is no ordinary school. It is a school filled with true educators dedicated to " unlocking" our children's potential. You may find other schools in the area that claim this, but I've found that talk and action are very different. This all shows itself in the work, passion and development of your child. Thank you Mrs. Mahana, Mr. Browning and the guidance and speech team of Pinecrest. I'm sure at this point in my comment, you know whom I am but I will always remember what you did for B.

Posted April 24, 2014
I am baffled to say the least at some of the reviews given by some parents. I can speak for myself and my son only, this school is by far one of the best public schools in the entire county, if not the best. The parent involvement is absolutely phenomenal. I do not agree that you have to be involved in the PTA in order to run the school. I am not a stay at home mom, like some of the mom's are in the school, however, I do put alot of effort in building relationships with the teacher, staff, and other moms. Its so important for parents to take full responsability on their children's education and stop bashing the schools for things like not having vending machines. My son is in the gifted program, and its not just the title that matters, its actually the time and effort that these teachers put forth in our childrens education. I cannot say enough about this school. This is from a parent that is not part of the PTA and is actually grateful that we have people heavily involved in the PTA that care.

Posted April 17, 2014
My three sons attended Pinecrest and it is a wonderful school. We left the school because we moved but have missed EVERYTHING about it: administration, teachers, PTA, and education.

Posted February 21, 2014
During the last 5 years I have had my kids at Pinecrest. I have a son in gifted and a daughter who is not. I am not surprised reading some of these negative reviews. I have heard several parents complain. One because the school bus would not pick up her child, even though she lived only 6 blocks away. But the Dade County policy is you must live at least a mile away. The parent didn't care and made a fuss. I heard another parent complain that she never got "good" assignments from the PTA but then she never attended meetings? Another complained the cafeteria should have vending machines with soda and snacks. But I guess even Pinecrest has its share of nuts who don't appreciate how wonderful Pinecrest is. How involved the parents are. How caring the Principal and her staff are. I am glad I moved to Pinecrest for this school.

Pinecrest Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2014
Someone really needs to pick up all the trash on campus. Not using the opportunity to teach respect for the environment is a shame. With so many children on campus I am surprised such an easy project is being missed.

Pinecrest Elementary School
10250 Southwest 57th Avenue, Miami, FL  33156
Last modified Pinecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.