1,042 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

small clique of staff , pta if your child is not one of them nothing is fair

Bullying by teachers , enormous 'gifted' program , I agree that is statistically Impossible ! , 'disgusting bathrooms ' is how a 6 year old described using the facilities

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is zero tolerance for bullying. Teachers are very respectful with parents and children. Office staff and Principal are always polite and treat kids with respect.

I have been part of the Pinecrest Family since 2013 with my two kids and I couldn't tell you enough how happy I am with this school. Teachers are awesome and always willing to help my children succeed. I have been always able to communicate with them either thru email, meetings, or notes. Staff is very professional and polite. My son has an IEP Plan and they have been following it to the T and helping him in every step of it. They are very supportive and definitely would recommend this school.

We have spent the last six years at Pinecrest Elementary and it has been wonderful. The administration- both past and present- are competent, reliable, and approachable. When problems arise they are handled, usually by the teacher. Homework is manageable (every teacher is different). The school is safe, despite what someone else said. There is no school in the world that is 100% safe. Safety protocols are in place in school- if you are concerned you should ask about them. Pinecrest is the best elementary school in Miami-Dade County for sure.

My kids have had a great experience at this school. Committed staff, super engaged parents, and a great atmosphere.

Pinecrest Elementary is an amazing public school. At first, I was hesitant to transfer my autistic son to Pinecrest because I didn't know if he could handle the environment. Contrary to my belief, he thrived. The teachers are excellent and the PTA is amazing. The fall carnival is so fun and you can tell by that one event how much effort parents put into this school. Of course, there are politics at Pinecrest and even the teachers joke about the inordinate number of "gifted" students. I could easily overlook this stuff because my son received a very good education. If you are seeking a public elementary with significant parental involvement, look no further than Pinecrest. Although we are moving, I will truly miss the teachers and parents at Pinecrest. I cannot say enough good things about this school.

My son is ASD. He came to Pinecrest as an ESE Student in Mrs. Mahana's class. I can not say enough good things. These teachers work so hard and love our children. It was apparent in the development of my child and the way he talked of his experience at Pinecrest. This is no ordinary school. It is a school filled with true educators dedicated to " unlocking" our children's potential. You may find other schools in the area that claim this, but I've found that talk and action are very different. This all shows itself in the work, passion and development of your child. Thank you Mrs. Mahana, Mr. Browning and the guidance and speech team of Pinecrest. I'm sure at this point in my comment, you know whom I am but I will always remember what you did for B.

I am baffled to say the least at some of the reviews given by some parents. I can speak for myself and my son only, this school is by far one of the best public schools in the entire county, if not the best. The parent involvement is absolutely phenomenal. I do not agree that you have to be involved in the PTA in order to run the school. I am not a stay at home mom, like some of the mom's are in the school, however, I do put alot of effort in building relationships with the teacher, staff, and other moms. Its so important for parents to take full responsability on their children's education and stop bashing the schools for things like not having vending machines. My son is in the gifted program, and its not just the title that matters, its actually the time and effort that these teachers put forth in our childrens education. I cannot say enough about this school. This is from a parent that is not part of the PTA and is actually grateful that we have people heavily involved in the PTA that care.

My three sons attended Pinecrest and it is a wonderful school. We left the school because we moved but have missed EVERYTHING about it: administration, teachers, PTA, and education.

Last modified Pinecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.