Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,051

Posted July 10, 2015
Pinecrest Elementary is an amazing public school. At first, I was hesitant to transfer my autistic son to Pinecrest because I didn't know if he could handle the environment. Contrary to my belief, he thrived. The teachers are excellent and the PTA is amazing. The fall carnival is so fun and you can tell by that one event how much effort parents put into this school. Of course, there are politics at Pinecrest and even the teachers joke about the inordinate number of "gifted" students. I could easily overlook this stuff because my son received a very good education. If you are seeking a public elementary with significant parental involvement, look no further than Pinecrest. Although we are moving, I will truly miss the teachers and parents at Pinecrest. I cannot say enough good things about this school.

Posted May 14, 2015
My son is ASD. He came to Pinecrest as an ESE Student in Mrs. Mahana's class. I can not say enough good things. These teachers work so hard and love our children. It was apparent in the development of my child and the way he talked of his experience at Pinecrest. This is no ordinary school. It is a school filled with true educators dedicated to " unlocking" our children's potential. You may find other schools in the area that claim this, but I've found that talk and action are very different. This all shows itself in the work, passion and development of your child. Thank you Mrs. Mahana, Mr. Browning and the guidance and speech team of Pinecrest. I'm sure at this point in my comment, you know whom I am but I will always remember what you did for B.

Posted April 24, 2014
I am baffled to say the least at some of the reviews given by some parents. I can speak for myself and my son only, this school is by far one of the best public schools in the entire county, if not the best. The parent involvement is absolutely phenomenal. I do not agree that you have to be involved in the PTA in order to run the school. I am not a stay at home mom, like some of the mom's are in the school, however, I do put alot of effort in building relationships with the teacher, staff, and other moms. Its so important for parents to take full responsability on their children's education and stop bashing the schools for things like not having vending machines. My son is in the gifted program, and its not just the title that matters, its actually the time and effort that these teachers put forth in our childrens education. I cannot say enough about this school. This is from a parent that is not part of the PTA and is actually grateful that we have people heavily involved in the PTA that care.

Posted April 17, 2014
My three sons attended Pinecrest and it is a wonderful school. We left the school because we moved but have missed EVERYTHING about it: administration, teachers, PTA, and education.

Posted February 21, 2014
During the last 5 years I have had my kids at Pinecrest. I have a son in gifted and a daughter who is not. I am not surprised reading some of these negative reviews. I have heard several parents complain. One because the school bus would not pick up her child, even though she lived only 6 blocks away. But the Dade County policy is you must live at least a mile away. The parent didn't care and made a fuss. I heard another parent complain that she never got "good" assignments from the PTA but then she never attended meetings? Another complained the cafeteria should have vending machines with soda and snacks. But I guess even Pinecrest has its share of nuts who don't appreciate how wonderful Pinecrest is. How involved the parents are. How caring the Principal and her staff are. I am glad I moved to Pinecrest for this school.

Pinecrest Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2014
Someone really needs to pick up all the trash on campus. Not using the opportunity to teach respect for the environment is a shame. With so many children on campus I am surprised such an easy project is being missed.

Pinecrest Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2014
This school just gets worse as you go up in grade level. The school is way to large for an elementary school. It is NEVER secured (gates open, classrooms exposed, bullying is prevalent (including by teachers!!) and the administration is superficially involved. Parents are so afraid to rock the boat that no one brings up difficult issues. Yes, parents are involved (every day brings another solicitation for money) but it is only to raise money. I bought a house assigned to the school (not an inexpensive decision!) and am so disappointed with the school that we are moving!

Pinecrest Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2013
Rudest staff and administration I've met in my life. I've seen them speak rudely & impatiently to parents on multiple occasions in the office. The only reason they have a high rating, is because of the large population of kids that attend the school, who are high achievers, because of the upbringing, and education received from their families. Parents who are part of the PTA run the school, 90% of the kids are "gifted".... draw your own conclusion.

Pinecrest Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
It is a wonderful school with great teachers and academics. The only downside that I see is that they do not offer a Spanish curriculum based program . It would have great potential. I love the teachers and most of the staff. PTA is super involved and that is what makes the school so great!

Pinecrest Elementary School 1

Posted August 21, 2013
This school is BAD for those who are not gifted. It seems ridiculous that half of this school is gifted. Statistically speaking, this is an impossible thing. It is not normal. This means that half the school should be getting 6 on their written FCAT and 5 on the math/reading. Because if you are truly gifted, then should not this be what the scores should look like? Gifted at Pinecrest today is no where near what gifted used to be or is supposed to be compared to other states.

Pinecrest Elementary School
10250 Southwest 57th Avenue, Miami, FL  33156
Last modified Pinecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinecrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top