Miami, FL

Posted April 10, 2013
VGE a great school and a wonderful group of teachers! I have the pleasure of having my son and my two oldest here throughout their elementary years and I am very proud to say it has been a wonderful experience for my kids and me. The teachers and school leaders are caring and loving. There PTA is involved in all activities and does a lot for the school. I will miss them once my son is done next year will be going to 5 grade and moving on to Middle School. THANKS YOU ALL!!!!!

Posted April 21, 2012
Great school! I have had the pleasure of having both of my kids here through out their elementary years and I am very proud to say it has been a wonderful experience for both my kids and myself. The teachers and school leaders are caring and loving to all the children. I will miss them all now that my kids are moving on to Middle School. THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO !!!!!

Posted May 18, 2011
This school is REALLY good! I went there when I was a kid and now my daughter is attending this school. She is in 2nd grade and the teachers have been excellent! Very loving and caring environment, school is open not an enclosed building so kids don't feel trapped in there, cafeteria staff is very helpful. Overall this school is great!

Posted January 27, 2010
I have 2 children that go to VGE. My daughter is in 4th grade with Mrs. K. Proano and Mrs. E. Crego (both great teachers), and my son is in 3rd grade with Mrs. L. Menendez (also a great teacher). Right now, both classes are reviewing and practicing for the FCAT evaluation coming up on March 9, 2010. My children are very happy with the school. My son loves the after care program, he has some free time to play with friends. I am very happy with the school. Susana

Village Green Elementary School 0

Posted July 21, 2009
My son just graduated from VGE, and has nothing but great memories to take with him to junior high. From the custodian to the cafeteria staff to teachers and administration. Always a hello, a smile and concern for him. Even with over 400 kids Mrs.Chappotin knows the kids names, and what principal have you ever seen outside, rain or shine helping the traffic flow? What if the garden is a love of hers? Who does it hurt? The school has monthly pizza sales as well as monthly bake sales. True it's to fund the PTA but who eats the pizza and the cookies and brownies? Our kids! Safety is #1 PRIORITY for Mrs.Chappotin even though some times it seems not to be for the parents. Each grade level has different field trips throughout the year and let's be real ALL the parents CAN NOT go as a chaperone. H

Posted August 18, 2008
my children love this school it has great teachers much other great things

Posted August 18, 2006
This is the 5th year my son has been in this school and my daughters second. I'm very happy with the schools and my kids love it. Yes, there needs to be more parent involvement and the principal is tough. But when I Drop off my kids I know they are safe. Also, the teachers and the staff all my kids and I see that they really care about them. The teachers are great and always very helpful. My kids are doing great academic wise. But the school does need more after school activites and clubs. Small classes and a lot of care. The staff and the principal are very good. The problems is that a lot of the parents don't want to go by the rules and do what they want. Great School!

Posted May 19, 2006
Village green I belive has a better structure as a school in whole than I was expecting for a public school. I feel that it is a safe environment for my son to be in. My son has done well at this school in academic subjects. I like the school on the whole.

Posted May 14, 2006
- a staff

Village Green Elementary School 3

Posted February 16, 2006
I think that academic part of the school is great but there is no fun for these children.Holidays or celebrations are just not acceptable. Any bake sales or pizza sales or anything for that matter is a NO-No. These kids need something for them. Also parents don't get involved becuase they are pretty much scared off. They should be happy that parents want to be involved.

Village Green Elementary School
12265 Southwest 34th Street, Miami, FL  33175
Last modified Village Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Village Green Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top