PK, 9-12|Public district
1,710 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My 9th grader had the electricity class and complained that some students would smoke in the back of class. Homework was not explained and my son became very frustrated with the teachers.

My son was a 9th grader this year. He constantly complained that some of the teachers he had would give them work and not even explain the work. He also complained that a lot of the students were loud and anxious. I as well was not fond of the school. They removed him from his IEP program without my permission and lied and said I gave them permission.Also teachers DO NOT RESPOND to emails. Also end of year he was absent two days. Someone REMOVED his lock from his gym locker. I sent a email right away to the assistant principal (MR GERDS) asking him to please investigate. HE NEVER RESPONDED. I called and spoke to one of the gym teachers and they said it wasn't the teachers who removed the lock. His 80 dollar shoes were basically stolen and none of the staff seemed to care. I am pulling him out and putting him in private school.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Some of the teachers would assign homework and not even discuss how to do the work. They didn't even do a lecture on the work.

Bronco Nation has been rolled out this year. A very positive reception from students and teachers. Bronco Nation is where two days of the week, Wed and Thur, they are on block schedule. On these days students have time to go to tutoring, make up homework, go to seminars, and eat within an hour. it also breaks up the monotony of going to class every day for 50 min. Students really seem to like the freedom,but are using Bronco Nation to their advantage with school work.

Middleburg High School is one of the best high schools in clay county. With our outstanding school spirit, we all come together as a family to support all student functions and sports. GO BRONCOS!

if you what my choice you do not get that ............... my name is christopher a parke bailer i went i for 2 years and now i can not find any body i no from there now........................................... 1992 tell 1994

I am very grateful that this school is not bad school like SOME school at Duval County, I am not saying that MHS is so greate, ofcousre there are a few teacher that are not so nice to the students and some time the adult at the office are not pleasant to talk too either. But, these are the adults that the students should focus to get them off their backs. How, be kind and be restpectful to the teacher and any adult at school even though you don't feel like it. Just try to be kind and respect them and also all the students you meet. It does not hurt to be kind and smile to all the people you encounter everyday. Perhap, smiling to everyone you know and does not know is good for you and other people you meet. It is very chalenging to smile to people when you don't feel good but try it anyway and you will see a good result to you and others. If you want to be like, smile and show kindness to everybody in school especially some one you do not like. "kill them with KINDNESS". respect others and yourself even though others may not feel the same it is still o.k. julst be thankful each and everyday and try to live one day at a time. So, BE KIND, RESPECTFUL & MOST OF ALL BE HAPPY.

This school is pretty bad. I already knew things from middle school that students there were just learning! I go here and I am very unsatisfied. They only focus on the popular kids who are also favored. MANY people I know are uncomfortable going here because of this. The way they force people to pep rallies is pretty mean. I suffer from major claustrophobia at the end of every event. But I can't leave because it's an "all school event" and "everyone should participate". Well, sorry I don't want to feel like I'm dying in a large crowd with loud terrible music blasting my ears. This school frowns upon people that aren't in sports or drama. It gets pretty annoying. Only a few teachers fully listen to their students and their problems, learning and emotional, while others just seem to want to leave. I would gladly go to another school.

Leadership was excellent until 2 years ago. Unfortunately for the students, things are changing for the worse. The school last year went from an A to a B and it seems that this year they will drop one more letter. MHS has great teachers who really do a great job. Unfortunately, many are retiring or transferring to other schools.

I am not impressed at all with MHS...my son who is very bright had terrible grades at MHS (D's & F's) and had he stayed there would not have graduated. He retook classes on FLVS and earned all A's & B's. Many of the teachers & staff the I have come in contact with do not appear to be too bright (there are exceptions of course).

Last modified Middleburg High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.