PK, 9-12
Middleburg, FL
Students enrolled: 1,710

Posted January 29, 2015
Middleburg High School has a great staff of teachers and the best academy in Clay county. Two years ago, The IT (Information Technology) Academy had Governor Rick Scott stop by to see why the Academy was so successful with its certifications. The Vital Academy is its current name. The Computer System Technology class had more Cisco Certifications than the entire county combined. The Academy continues to certify students every year at a great pace.

Posted August 15, 2014
Middleburg High School is one of the best high schools in clay county. With our outstanding school spirit, we all come together as a family to support all student functions and sports. GO BRONCOS!

Middleburg High School 1

Posted April 11, 2014
if you what my choice you do not get that ............... my name is christopher a parke bailer i went i for 2 years and now i can not find any body i no from there now........................................... 1992 tell 1994

Posted December 30, 2013
I am very grateful that this school is not bad school like SOME school at Duval County, I am not saying that MHS is so greate, ofcousre there are a few teacher that are not so nice to the students and some time the adult at the office are not pleasant to talk too either. But, these are the adults that the students should focus to get them off their backs. How, be kind and be restpectful to the teacher and any adult at school even though you don't feel like it. Just try to be kind and respect them and also all the students you meet. It does not hurt to be kind and smile to all the people you encounter everyday. Perhap, smiling to everyone you know and does not know is good for you and other people you meet. It is very chalenging to smile to people when you don't feel good but try it anyway and you will see a good result to you and others. If you want to be like, smile and show kindness to everybody in school especially some one you do not like. "kill them with KINDNESS". respect others and yourself even though others may not feel the same it is still o.k. julst be thankful each and everyday and try to live one day at a time. So, BE KIND, RESPECTFUL & MOST OF ALL BE HAPPY.

Middleburg High School 1

Posted December 30, 2013
This school is pretty bad. I already knew things from middle school that students there were just learning! I go here and I am very unsatisfied. They only focus on the popular kids who are also favored. MANY people I know are uncomfortable going here because of this. The way they force people to pep rallies is pretty mean. I suffer from major claustrophobia at the end of every event. But I can't leave because it's an "all school event" and "everyone should participate". Well, sorry I don't want to feel like I'm dying in a large crowd with loud terrible music blasting my ears. This school frowns upon people that aren't in sports or drama. It gets pretty annoying. Only a few teachers fully listen to their students and their problems, learning and emotional, while others just seem to want to leave. I would gladly go to another school.
2 people found this helpful

Middleburg High School 3

Posted May 26, 2013
Leadership was excellent until 2 years ago. Unfortunately for the students, things are changing for the worse. The school last year went from an A to a B and it seems that this year they will drop one more letter. MHS has great teachers who really do a great job. Unfortunately, many are retiring or transferring to other schools.

Middleburg High School 2

Posted November 12, 2011
I am not impressed at all with MHS...my son who is very bright had terrible grades at MHS (D's & F's) and had he stayed there would not have graduated. He retook classes on FLVS and earned all A's & B's. Many of the teachers & staff the I have come in contact with do not appear to be too bright (there are exceptions of course).

Posted November 03, 2011
this school is so awesome i love it cant wait till january 2012~!!! i will be at this school all my cuzins& family members have went here this is a awesome school in this awesome town MIDDLEBURG<FL

Posted June 06, 2011
I think that you get out of a school what you put in it. My daughter graduated Valedictorian with a 4.76 g.p.a and is in the top 1% nationwide from ACT, ASvab and AP tests. I love MHS and I back them up 100%

Posted May 09, 2011
I am a former MHS student who graduated in May of 2007. Both as a student and now a graduate I am very pleased with MHS. The guidance office staff are the most helpful staff they have, most of the teachers cared about their students and genuinely wanted to see them succeed. I know from experience as I had moved between 3 high schools and only MHS pushed me further and made it to where I would graduate on time. They never put me on the back burner. EVERY (and I wish I could underline, bold, and italic that word) teacher I had at MHS made the classes worth going to even if school was the last place on a students mind. While the teachers kept the professional relationship between them and the student in the classroom, they taught classes with both professionalism and humor to keep a students attention. I wish everyone had the teachers I had, then maybe student life would be more enjoyable. The only problem I had was with a certain staff member in attendance. I believe they missed her lack of people skills and loathing attitude both towards other adults and students alike. I still learned to love school however despite her presence. I hope to be here when my daughter starts 9-12.

Middleburg High School
3750 County Road 220, Middleburg, FL  32068
Last modified Middleburg High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Middleburg High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top