Posted September 29, 2014
The school is great, especially the teachers. My son looks forward to going to school everyday and his progress through 2nd grade has been more than I can expect.

Posted October 24, 2013
My daughter likes the school. My experience has been very satisfactory related to the teachers that has been in charge of my daughter. The teachers have been always available whenever I need to meet them. My daughter is so happy to be there, she tells me and I also noticed it in her. Coconut Palm has the environment and attention that my daughter needs for learning.

Posted August 24, 2013
Coconut Palm is part of our family history..my son went there since kinder and now he is in High School. My daughter still there but this will be her last year at Coconut palm we love this school they have the best teachers and the principal is great!!!

Posted August 23, 2013
This school has some of the most amazing teacher's Ms. Rigby and Ms.Pons are the best. My child is lucky enough to once again have Ms. Rigby this year for third grade. She is what we refer to has a old school teacher. Teaching children the fundamentals of learning, i have never seen someone who care and teaches children like she does. Coconut Palm is very lucky and blessed to have these two teachers.. Yes the school is not perfect but what school is. The pick up and drop off are are pain but it is well worth it. If your child will be attending this school look into theses teachers..

Posted June 25, 2013
This school has been nothing but great to me and my son. My son was on an IEP and they worked with him and did a excellent job. My only complain is that after next year, i need to find a new school since he will be in the 5th grade...

Posted June 23, 2013
I was skeptical at the begining as my child had been in a private school since PK3-1ST grade, then for 2nd grade in a Charter and for 3rd in a Public Coconut Palm. Thankfully this school from day one gave me the impression it was going to be just fine. I wanted to go take my son to the classroom and the asst. principal finally gave in after my persistence and I saw him ok. Throughout the school year the support of the office staff and teacher was remarkably great and just want everyone to know who is considering bringing their child to this school. All walks of life will be fine.

Coconut Palm Elementary School 2

Posted June 15, 2013
On the surface it seems like a good school, but if you are having issues with the programs or events that happen, all you get is lip-service. Something happened with our daughter on the school bus. We tried to get information from the principal's office, but nothing really happened, then we went to the police to see if we could look at the bus video. That seemed to put some pressure on them and we finally got an answer. Our daughter is in the ESE program, and was held back in her grade because she failed the end of the year test. We had no idea if she failed the test she would be retained. She was getting satisfactory grades till then. No communication. They have a water safety class at the end of the year which lasts 2 weeks, and we didn't want her to participate because of health problems. The only thing we could do was keep her home with unexcused absences. They wouldn't help to give us another option.

Posted April 24, 2013
This school is absolutely spectacular! They do wonders despite the constant budget cuts. It is sad to see some programs go. But, they still maintain a high level of education. They have a security police officer. The place is Fort Knox safe, and anyone who drops off their child at that school, knows their kids are safe as they head off to work. The principal and staff are the best I've seen, they are visible, approachable, and they care a lot. They teach our children core values, and prepare them for an aggressive competitive world!

Coconut Palm Elementary School 2

Posted October 08, 2012
Not too thrilled about this school the office staff is very rude the principal and vice principal are very nice so sorry their office staff cannot take a page out of the book of their leaders. Dropping off the students is ridiculous. I get a headache just thinking about going through the tedious task of dropping off and picking up my children. The teachers are very nice and hard working, yet it does not compensate for all the other negative aspects of the school. Their AR program is no incentive to the students my kids were extremely happy to participate while in their other school because all students received an award for participation here only the top three students in each class are recognized. In my husbands words......it is a prison

Coconut Palm Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2012
The teachers are great !!, staff very friendly and open to speak with the parents ! The kids doesn't have any more Spanish, Art not Drama teachers, I am sorry for that. The aftercare program is mediocre but inside the school building Outstanding music teacher !!

Coconut Palm Elementary School
13601 Monarch Lakes Boulevard, Miramar, FL  33027
Last modified Coconut Palm Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coconut Palm Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top