Posted November 01, 2014
I'm a sophomore this year and have been at this school since 7th grade. During the beginning of this year they were telling us that this would be our best year. They weren't lying. I can tell how much work they put into this. iPads for students. New science building, building for each subject, new types of chapel, surveys, new rules that are no where near as strict, and there are probably more I didn't say yet. I love it here. It really is an excellent school. This is why I'm going to stay until I graduate in 2017.

Posted September 18, 2014
Our children have attended Christian Home and Bible since they were in Pre-School. The kids have cultivated life long friendships with their peers at the school and they think fondly of their current and past teachers. The kids are now in 7th and 11th. Our 11th grader decided she wanted to dual enroll and try the public school route. Switching schools has made me love Christian Home and Bible even more. We have been forced to navigate her future on our own now after we left. Our daughter has transitioned well and is advanced in her classes and we are thankful to MDB for that. The children at Christian Home and Bible are respectful and polite. This is evident at all school sporting events where kids from other schools are in attendance. On this site I have read that children have been bullied. I have never experienced that at Christian Home and Bible and if I have ever had to step in on an issue, the staff was quick to respond and took appropriate action. We are members of a different church, and do not feel that our children are slighted in any way because of that. I am thankful to still have involvement at the school as our son still attends there and is very happy.

Christian Home And Bible School 4

Posted September 13, 2014
My child has been at this school 5 years total and while I agree there were some issues a few years ago especially with quality of teaching staff, I feel that many of those issues are improving. Academics is definitely becoming a focal point and my child is challenged by the curriculum. The headmaster has made a difference and is very engaged in the children's lives. I know many reviews have referenced different treatment due to church membership but I've not experienced this. I think there maybe more preferential treatment due to parental involvement (the more involved as a parent you are, the more awards/accolades your child receives), it would be nice to have a more even playing field on that regard but my child has been able to participate or be part of any activity they want. My child is very happy at MDB.

Christian Home And Bible School 2

Posted July 20, 2014
Waiting to see what happens this year! If you are not part of the Church of Christ your child will be treated differently, waiting to see if it changes. Maybe with the new headmaster 2014-2015 will lead the school in a positive direction.

Christian Home And Bible School 4

Posted April 01, 2014
The choices for schools in and around Mount Dora are limited; fortunately, CHBS provides a small-school K-12 environment with decent academics where students are sheltered from the bullying, drugs, and gang issues so prevalent in area public schools. Unfortunately, the academic quality suffers because CHBS hires only Church of Christ teachers and pays them poorly; however, the teachers do cover basics adequately. For $8,000 per year, I'd like academics to be stronger, particularly in AP-level advanced math, science and computer classes; however, I'd also rather provide my child adequate academics taught in a safe environment where personal values come first than in a politically-correct public institution with lots of resources but where bullying and drugs are commonplace. In the 8 years we've been here, my child is very happy at CHBS.

Christian Home And Bible School 1

Posted January 29, 2014
The school is not as good as it looks. A lot of people there are flat out ugly. Some of them are pretty, but have an ugly and evil personality. The teachers are annoying and mean. And the school is SO sexist. Definitely NOT worth the money!!!!

Posted December 18, 2013
Our children have attended MDB for quite a few years now. In past years, I think MDB has been a good choice for us. This year has been a year we will never forget. They had some switch up in administration, and it has made a world of difference. The headmaster is fully engaged in the students' lives and is transparent and authentic. When we had some concerns at the start of year, he heard us out and met the challenge head on, and the results have been astronomical! Overall moral on campus is better than it has ever been. They seek our opinions and value our feedback. I feel like we have a solid partnership with this school and are getting a great value for our tuition dollars. I am glad we decided to stick it out another year.

Posted October 05, 2013
Christian Home and Bible is a wonderful school ! Our son has been attending here for 3 years and the progress he is making is nothing less than amazing ! The teachers and staff truly love these kids and go above and beyond to make sure the kids are prepared for the next chapter of their precious lives. Our son loves going to school ! We are very thankful to be a part of such of Christian school family.

Posted August 28, 2013
This school is the best school ever you will get your money's worth realy fast!!!!! You should see how grate the school is!!!!!! They have drama, band and a ton more. Grate school wish I could give it 1 thousand stars!!!!!

Christian Home And Bible School 1

Posted August 24, 2013
This people are not Christians, you can see a price on Internet and other when you go to the school and ask for information. Be aware of these fake Christians. They just want your money.

Christian Home And Bible School
301 W 13th Avenue, Mount Dora, FL  32757
Last modified Christian Home And Bible School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Christian Home And Bible School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top