PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted November 22, 2015
All 3 of kids attend (15, 11 & 7), we all love this safe Christian school where the kids learn about the world and themselves from teachers who want the best for them. Lots of family involvement which is a change from the way most schools are today.

Posted October 01, 2015
What's not to love about this beautiful school. The faculty, staff, administration, and fellow parents truly make this school community feel like a family. I love that my children are learning in a nurturing environment while developing skills needed for their future career paths as well as core values that are strengthening their personal faith.

Posted April 12, 2015
This school is very ecumenical although associated with a particular denomination. The faculty are absolutely terrific and have been trained in some of our nations best schools. It has a 75 Year history of turning out terrific graduates. It's facilities would be the envy of several small colleges.

Posted December 11, 2014
I wrote a previous review and gave the school 4 stars, now with the many improvements and the great year my child has had, I'm adjusting it to 5. This school has a lot of opportunity for the kids to be involved including athletics, drama and clubs. The level of opportunity for its size is outstanding and the staff and faculty/sponsors/coaches really facilitate the children's opportunity by adjusting practices or allowing absences for the children to do more than one activity at a time. Some kids this year are in Beta, Drama, school sports and band -- and while they're stretched, the school does do well to accommodate their schedules. Academics keep getting better as well. My child has become a motivated student and enjoys her classes. Many of the classes offer tutoring after school as well. Great environment, great school.

Posted November 01, 2014
I'm a sophomore this year and have been at this school since 7th grade. During the beginning of this year they were telling us that this would be our best year. They weren't lying. I can tell how much work they put into this. iPads for students. New science building, building for each subject, new types of chapel, surveys, new rules that are no where near as strict, and there are probably more I didn't say yet. I love it here. It really is an excellent school. This is why I'm going to stay until I graduate in 2017.

Posted September 18, 2014
Our children have attended Christian Home and Bible since they were in Pre-School. The kids have cultivated life long friendships with their peers at the school and they think fondly of their current and past teachers. The kids are now in 7th and 11th. Our 11th grader decided she wanted to dual enroll and try the public school route. Switching schools has made me love Christian Home and Bible even more. We have been forced to navigate her future on our own now after we left. Our daughter has transitioned well and is advanced in her classes and we are thankful to MDB for that. The children at Christian Home and Bible are respectful and polite. This is evident at all school sporting events where kids from other schools are in attendance. On this site I have read that children have been bullied. I have never experienced that at Christian Home and Bible and if I have ever had to step in on an issue, the staff was quick to respond and took appropriate action. We are members of a different church, and do not feel that our children are slighted in any way because of that. I am thankful to still have involvement at the school as our son still attends there and is very happy.

Mount Dora Christian Academy 2

Posted July 20, 2014
Waiting to see what happens this year! If you are not part of the Church of Christ your child will be treated differently, waiting to see if it changes. Maybe with the new headmaster 2014-2015 will lead the school in a positive direction.

Mount Dora Christian Academy 4

Posted April 01, 2014
The choices for schools in and around Mount Dora are limited; fortunately, CHBS provides a small-school K-12 environment with decent academics where students are sheltered from the bullying, drugs, and gang issues so prevalent in area public schools. Unfortunately, the academic quality suffers because CHBS hires only Church of Christ teachers and pays them poorly; however, the teachers do cover basics adequately. For $8,000 per year, I'd like academics to be stronger, particularly in AP-level advanced math, science and computer classes; however, I'd also rather provide my child adequate academics taught in a safe environment where personal values come first than in a politically-correct public institution with lots of resources but where bullying and drugs are commonplace. In the 8 years we've been here, my child is very happy at CHBS.

Mount Dora Christian Academy 1

Posted January 29, 2014
The school is not as good as it looks. A lot of people there are flat out ugly. Some of them are pretty, but have an ugly and evil personality. The teachers are annoying and mean. And the school is SO sexist. Definitely NOT worth the money!!!!

Posted December 18, 2013
Our children have attended MDB for quite a few years now. In past years, I think MDB has been a good choice for us. This year has been a year we will never forget. They had some switch up in administration, and it has made a world of difference. The headmaster is fully engaged in the students' lives and is transparent and authentic. When we had some concerns at the start of year, he heard us out and met the challenge head on, and the results have been astronomical! Overall moral on campus is better than it has ever been. They seek our opinions and value our feedback. I feel like we have a solid partnership with this school and are getting a great value for our tuition dollars. I am glad we decided to stick it out another year.

Mount Dora Christian Academy
301 W 13th Avenue, Mount Dora, FL  32757
Last modified Mount Dora Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Dora Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top