Posted December 16, 2014
I agree with the last parent. We changed to this school due to a new job and it is terrible. Me and my kids hate it. The staff and teachers are ignorant and the kids bully. Worst part is the school district does not let me put them back into their old school until next school year!

Posted November 18, 2014
One of the WORST schools in Lee County. I withdrew my daughter 3 months into the school year. My daughter was bullied, had racial slurs thrown at her, ignored by her teacher...and even after i voiced my concerns to the teacher, principal & school counselor no one did ANYthing to intervene or help. Hancock Creek is a horrible school. Don't let your child suffer like mine had to for the 3 months she attended.

Hancock Creek Elementary School 5

Posted October 08, 2013
The teachers and office staff and administration go the extra mile. I'm so glad we chose this school.

Hancock Creek Elementary School 3

Posted January 15, 2013
Another reviewer said it perfectly. Good academics, but bare bones after that. My 3rd grader has never been on a field trip in the 4 years attending HCE. No performances, no award ceremonies, nothing. While I understand academics should always be the main focus here, these are still children and Elementary school should still be fun. The principal is nice, she's all talk and no action. I have only encountered one teacher I didn't care for, everyone else is amazing. School safety is also a major concern for me at HCE. Their parent pick up & walker procedures are a nightmare. On several occasions I have witnessed strangers being let into the school with out ID checks. I have seen adults walking up to the parent pick up area and taking children with out being ID'd. That is extremely disconcerting. The classes are usually punished as a group for one childs bad behavior. This is hard for the child who loves their (twice a month) music class, but never gets to actually do anything because the other children get the entire class on "red" and they are all punished for it. I want my children's elementary experience to be a positive one. We are currently searching for a new school.

Hancock Creek Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2012
Hancock Creek is a good school academically but it is bare bones after that. No school plays, no chorus, no clubs.Only 2 field trips in 5years that my daughter attended the school and they were both to the mud flats. Music and Art are only taught twice a month. There is no PTA and the PTO only meets once a month. They do not want Parental involvement. My other daughters 2nd grade teacher actually forbid Parent volunteers. The bottom line is the Principal only does the bare minimum she is required to do. With so many A+ schools in N. Ft. Myers do some research on-line and find a school that offers your child more than the basics.

Posted February 15, 2012
Yesterday, a 6 year old named Cam was enjoying her first school valentines day. On the bus, she read through each of her precious cards from her classmates, however, her bus driver thought it unacceptable and took them away from her. When she got up to leave the bus to go home, she asked for them back and was denied. When the mother called the school to demand that they be returned, she was informed that they had been THROWN AWAY. All she received was an apathetic "sorry". After asking they be replaced, the assistant principle said that she couldn't do that! How can someone, a school official, allow a child's personal belongings be thrown away without at least contacting the parents?! This is rude and just shows the lack of care in our communities school system! -an angry citizen

Hancock Creek Elementary School 5

Posted July 06, 2011
my child went there it's a great school she was a meida helper it was fun 4 her and som friends from class but there was some 5 graders who was all in there face this last school year it's all good now it's summer and they woun't be there next year they all passed so there should be no mean 5 grad helper so 2 say and she had a great school year the teacher r geat the kids r great and the way they run everything is great 4 me every parent is different over all the school is great can't wait 2 see her old teacher and meet her new 1 after this she is going 2 middle and she will hav fun i know it hope my littel 1 go's there 2 hope all u parents pick this school it's a great school

Posted June 14, 2011
Wish I can say the same as the previous critics. My son went here for his first year of school (Kindergarten) and talk about passing the buck! Due to my son never being in a class type environment, he had to be shown how to. The way the teachers decided on teaching him was by changing him from classroom to classroom. He was transferred 3 times in 1 school year. The only time I met with his second teacher, I was amazed at how unprofessional this teacher was (she actually spoke and acted as if she was on some crazy medication). I had a meeting with his teachers and the principal and even the principal treated me with sarcasm. They showed me no interest in dealing with my child all they had for me were complaints. As a mother, I do all I know and can with my child at home, if I had to go to school and do their job for them, then what's the point? My son's first year of school was not a nice one at all, not for him nor for me. Unhappy parent =(

Hancock Creek Elementary School 0

Posted January 24, 2010
My daughter is in the first grade. I love this school she has done very well and has learned a lot.

Hancock Creek Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2009

Hancock Creek Elementary School
1601 Skyline Drive, North Fort Myers, FL  33903
Last modified Hancock Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hancock Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top