802 students|Lee

Bad
Good

I am so glad we put our son in this school! At first, we were reluctant because of the 5 out of 10 rating, but after visiting the school, meeting the teachers and other students, we agreed this us our new school. The ratings are NOT ACCURATE, and HCE is more like a 9 rating. My son is in kindergarten this year, and could not read or write, but within a FEW MONTHS, he was making unbelievable progress!!!! Now he reads at a second grade level. He is reading books on his own at home! Wow!!! The teachers are ALL seasoned, veteran teachers, who are tremendously qualified. The school is so clean, huge, and has state of the art equipment throughout. The front office is cleaner and nicer than ANY school office I have ever been in, and the staff is so nice and helpful. I cannot understand how anyone could give this school any less than a 9...I just ignore the rating, because it is obviously not indicitive of the quality of this fine school. My son LOVES it here! They truly need to update that rating to the 9 0r 10 it deserves. The principal is SUPER NICE and loves her students, and the teachers too. Go check it out! Your child will love it, and your expectations will be exceeded like our family experienced!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My child's teacher is THE BEST!!!! She knows the appropriate amount of homework to give a kindergartener.

This school has exceeded my expectations. Talk about stellar learning environment! State if the art projection tvs in the cafeteria, unbelievably spotlessly clean. I LOVE the teachers and the front office. It smells like cleanliness right when you walk in. The best part: MY SON LOVES HIS SCHOOL!!! He is a kindergartener, and reads and writes better than I ever imagined he could at this age, AND NEVER HAD ANY SCHOOLING BEFORE!! I am very impressed with this school. I recommend it highly!

I'm guessing a lot has changed since the previous reviews were written. My daughter is now in the 1st grade and she absolutely loves it at Hancock. Her Kindergarten teacher, Ms Black, was the greatest teacher ever! She treated all of her students like they were her own children. She gets on their level and is just an all around fun teacher. My daughter still loves to go visit with her and they hug every time they see each other in the hall. Hancock wasn't my 1st choice for schools and I was quite bummed about not getting my 1st choice school... But almost instantly my mind was changed thanks to Ms Black and the staff at Hancock. The principal is great. The staff is friendly. The teachers truly love what they do. The kids are all happy. They go to music and art once a week and P.E. every day. They have a S.T.E.M club, a chorus club, frequent PTSO meetings. They do fundraisers, 5K's, turkey trots at Thanksgiving, book fairs, and a field trip at the end of the year for each grade. This is such a great school and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a school for their children. Oh and their parent pick up/dismissal procedure is organized and pain less and I've been there a bunch of times where the front staff knows me but they still ID me before allowing me into the school. I have no worries about my childs safety there!

I agree with the last parent. We changed to this school due to a new job and it is terrible. Me and my kids hate it. The staff and teachers are ignorant and the kids bully. Worst part is the school district does not let me put them back into their old school until next school year!

One of the WORST schools in Lee County. I withdrew my daughter 3 months into the school year. My daughter was bullied, had racial slurs thrown at her, ignored by her teacher...and even after i voiced my concerns to the teacher, principal & school counselor no one did ANYthing to intervene or help. Hancock Creek is a horrible school. Don't let your child suffer like mine had to for the 3 months she attended.

The teachers and office staff and administration go the extra mile. I'm so glad we chose this school.

Another reviewer said it perfectly. Good academics, but bare bones after that. My 3rd grader has never been on a field trip in the 4 years attending HCE. No performances, no award ceremonies, nothing. While I understand academics should always be the main focus here, these are still children and Elementary school should still be fun. The principal is nice, she's all talk and no action. I have only encountered one teacher I didn't care for, everyone else is amazing. School safety is also a major concern for me at HCE. Their parent pick up & walker procedures are a nightmare. On several occasions I have witnessed strangers being let into the school with out ID checks. I have seen adults walking up to the parent pick up area and taking children with out being ID'd. That is extremely disconcerting. The classes are usually punished as a group for one childs bad behavior. This is hard for the child who loves their (twice a month) music class, but never gets to actually do anything because the other children get the entire class on "red" and they are all punished for it. I want my children's elementary experience to be a positive one. We are currently searching for a new school.

Hancock Creek is a good school academically but it is bare bones after that. No school plays, no chorus, no clubs.Only 2 field trips in 5years that my daughter attended the school and they were both to the mud flats. Music and Art are only taught twice a month. There is no PTA and the PTO only meets once a month. They do not want Parental involvement. My other daughters 2nd grade teacher actually forbid Parent volunteers. The bottom line is the Principal only does the bare minimum she is required to do. With so many A+ schools in N. Ft. Myers do some research on-line and find a school that offers your child more than the basics.

Yesterday, a 6 year old named Cam was enjoying her first school valentines day. On the bus, she read through each of her precious cards from her classmates, however, her bus driver thought it unacceptable and took them away from her. When she got up to leave the bus to go home, she asked for them back and was denied. When the mother called the school to demand that they be returned, she was informed that they had been THROWN AWAY. All she received was an apathetic "sorry". After asking they be replaced, the assistant principle said that she couldn't do that! How can someone, a school official, allow a child's personal belongings be thrown away without at least contacting the parents?! This is rude and just shows the lack of care in our communities school system! -an angry citizen

Last modified Hancock Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.