K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school seemed like a dream. The director was very knowledgeable about children with disabilities. She has a program in which he child's therapist is able to be present the entire day. I thought would be great. As it turns out, my son only knows his therapist. The teachers that we pay, more than double bc of his diagnosis, for have very little interaction with him. The director of the school fell off the face of the earth after our first meeting. I haven't been able to reach her via email, text, phone call or harrassment of her assistant. Lastly it has been a fight over money. They over bill every single chance they get. When confronted about their errors there is never an apology. I pay the corrected amount and know that next month we will do the same dance. The idea of the school is great, at least the ESE program. However the unqualified teachers, uninterested director and incompetent office staff make this a school I am ready to run away from. It's a shame bc there are so few inclusion schools miami.

I was frustrated with my child’s education. I felt lost and had no idea who to turn to. The administration was very helpful and Mrs. Lopez sat down with me and gave me some resources. My 4 year old is now reading and it’s not even the end of the year. He loves going to school. Everything is hands-on and he learns at his own pace. All the teachers have been great! There are lots of events. It gets packed so get there early. I’m not kidding! My favorite is the end of the year show. The get-togethers are a great way to meet other parents. So….it’s not cheap. But, hey, it’s a private school. Go check out other private schools in the area. My child’s progress means the world to me.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

They are all very young Spanish women

Amount of homework: Neutral

Pre-K homework is given every day of the week

Very unhappy with this school administration does a very poor job with organization. The director while she is there, if she is there tends to stare at her phone while kids are standing around.

The most expensive daycare in Miami. The teachers are not qualified, your kids are left on their own. After wasting a year, I wish I had read some of the negative reviews earlier.

My son has Autism and has been attending the Montessori School of North Miami for three years now. Not only are all his teachers professionally trained, but also the administration goes out of their way to address all his needs. I have never seen another Montessori school with an inclusion program like this; no one in Miami has anything even close to their program. Last year all the teachers received training from Michelle Lane, the founder of the blended method of Montessori and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for children with Autism. I was very impressed to say the least with the professionalism and dedication that Mrs. Lopez and her family run the school. Dr. Michael Alessandri the Director of UM-NSU CARD highly recommended this school to us. I hope who ever reads this message is not influenced by the ignorant comments stated below; my advice is to take a tour, meet the faculty and experience this amazing inclusion program! I very much recommend this school!

Will never ever recommend this school to anybody.Im very disappointed and angry with this school. After i went there on may 1st to pay the registration fee and signed all the paper work, and was told everything was ready for my son to start in august, all i had to do on august first was pay the $25 activity fee, like i did a yr ago with my other son, i received a phone call a month later asking me to pay another $250 dollars for materials. Witch they did not tell me when i was there before and they waited a month to tell me so i woudnt have another choice but to pay it . They said that it was something new that they r starting to do and that i had to pay it , even though it was their mistake for not telling me before. So instead of only paying $250 i had to pay $500. Incredible. For only 3 hours of class, so they r getting money from vpk for materials and getting money from you for materials, plus you have to buy a big list of materials to take to them, how much more money they want!!!!!!!!!! You can see they care more for the money than the kids. Thankfully i found another school for my son. Im happy about that and so is he. But will never recommend montessory of n m to anybody

If you have a special needs child and you love your child don't send them here. Go somewhere else with your McKay monies! Teacher's are not willing and able to teacher special needs children. They are their to collect a check.

My son began attending the Montessori School of North Miami last year (PK4). He is happy and learning every day. The teachers are good and loving. The only reason I am not giving a 5 is that the office hours are not parent friendly. I went to the office early in the morning and knocked the door but no one answered. I learned that they open later. I think the office hours should be convenient not only to the office personel but to the parents as well.

Last modified Montessori School Of North Miami is a Private school that serves grades K-12