Posted September 20, 2013
My son has Autism and has been attending the Montessori School of North Miami for three years now. Not only are all his teachers professionally trained, but also the administration goes out of their way to address all his needs. I have never seen another Montessori school with an inclusion program like this; no one in Miami has anything even close to their program. Last year all the teachers received training from Michelle Lane, the founder of the blended method of Montessori and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for children with Autism. I was very impressed to say the least with the professionalism and dedication that Mrs. Lopez and her family run the school. Dr. Michael Alessandri the Director of UM-NSU CARD highly recommended this school to us. I hope who ever reads this message is not influenced by the ignorant comments stated below; my advice is to take a tour, meet the faculty and experience this amazing inclusion program! I very much recommend this school!

Posted June 06, 2013
Will never ever recommend this school to anybody.Im very disappointed and angry with this school. After i went there on may 1st to pay the registration fee and signed all the paper work, and was told everything was ready for my son to start in august, all i had to do on august first was pay the $25 activity fee, like i did a yr ago with my other son, i received a phone call a month later asking me to pay another $250 dollars for materials. Witch they did not tell me when i was there before and they waited a month to tell me so i woudnt have another choice but to pay it . They said that it was something new that they r starting to do and that i had to pay it , even though it was their mistake for not telling me before. So instead of only paying $250 i had to pay $500. Incredible. For only 3 hours of class, so they r getting money from vpk for materials and getting money from you for materials, plus you have to buy a big list of materials to take to them, how much more money they want!!!!!!!!!! You can see they care more for the money than the kids. Thankfully i found another school for my son. Im happy about that and so is he. But will never recommend montessory of n m to anybody

Posted December 18, 2012
Teachers in this school are not qualified and they do not even try to teach the special need children. This is an expensive daycare, where your child is safe and happy but barely receives any academic instruction. The school is run as a family business, plain case of nepotism. Complaints about the teachers are not addressed by the administration. Unable to exploit their potential, this school toys with your child s future.

Posted July 24, 2012
If you have a special needs child and you love your child don't send them here. Go somewhere else with your McKay monies! Teacher's are not willing and able to teacher special needs children. They are their to collect a check.

Posted March 27, 2012
My son began attending the Montessori School of North Miami last year (PK4). He is happy and learning every day. The teachers are good and loving. The only reason I am not giving a 5 is that the office hours are not parent friendly. I went to the office early in the morning and knocked the door but no one answered. I learned that they open later. I think the office hours should be convenient not only to the office personel but to the parents as well.

Montessori School Of North Miami 4

Posted August 23, 2011
This is a wonderful school. My child is in Kindergarten and has been there since she was 2 in their toddler program. She has been reading since last year (PK4) and is at a first grade reading level. The education at this school is top priority and they really teach each child according to their level and ability. I love the warm, nurturing environment and the emphasis on reading and phonics. Top notch education and one of the best schools in the area!

Posted March 08, 2011
My child is attending the Montessori School of North Miami for 2 years now and he is extremely ahead. This is an amazing school, all the education is personalized, the teachers are very well prepared. He is now in Kindergarten and he reads like a second grader.

Posted March 21, 2010
My son is attending the VPK class and he is reading. The teachers are very responsible and the school offers amazing enrichment clases.

Posted August 28, 2007
I am very happy with the Montessori method. I like the teachers and because it's a small school you feel that your kid belongs to a Miniature Community. It's expensive but I do believe it's worth it.

Posted February 02, 2006
This school is great for the child that has the ability to self teach. The school uses the Montessori method of teaching which in part says that you should first teach the child to learn.

Montessori School Of North Miami
695 N.E. 123rd. Street, North Miami, FL  33161
Last modified Montessori School Of North Miami is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Montessori School Of North Miami Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top