North Port, FL

Posted August 23, 2015
This school is a Title 1 school meaning they get additional funding to help students that may have remedial needs. The staff is cheerful and caring and it has a strong PTO this year, but I don't like that teachers are members, because then they can vote for whatever the principal wants. The best PTAs are the ones that are not influenced or pressured by the staff. They do a good job identifying "at risk" students and work hard to get those students up to par. Every class has a real classroom in the building, not a moldy old portable, like some of the older area schools. Glenallen hires young new teachers that have recently graduated and know all the latest learning modalities unlike some of the crusty old dog teachers. Being familiar with new technology and teaching to our kids short attention spans is what's going to help our kids learn. But don't just think that the school is going to make your kid smart, fix their behaviors so they act like gentlemen and ladies, and cure your kid's ADHD. Parents need to do their part to...read to your kids, help them with their homework, and teach your kids social responsibility and you will be pleased with this or any school. I like that they actually have a reaI Panther mascot that dresses up for the kids. Their parent pickup line is well defined and orchestrated.

Glenallen Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2013
This school is horrible!!! It has to be one of the worst schools I have ever had dealings with. The teachers and staff do not take any accountability for their short comings and pass everything off to the parents. If I had known this school was this bad, I would have never bought a house in this school district. I am so glad my kids do not attend at this school anymore.

Posted August 01, 2013
Glenallan is a great school. My kids have been going there for a few years. The teachers are wonderful, the principal is great and the curriculum is top notch. This coming school year, the students will be attending school in their brand new building which provides bigger and better teaching areas as well as more sports activities.

Glenallen Elementary School 1

Posted July 02, 2012
Hum The principal provides lip service. The vice principal is rude. The office staff follow thier lead. I find them arrogant, unhelpful and please do not send your disabled child to this school what a nightmare her it might ruin thier tests scores and thier time doing nothing. I am glad i pulled my son out before it ruined his life. Please do something the kids need you

Glenallen Elementary School 2

Posted April 12, 2011
. All I can say is if you have the option to put your child into a different school in North Port I strongly suggest you do so. I really dislike this school. My child is in third grade and is given more homework than my 6th grader. In my opinion there is no reason a child should spend hours at school learning and doing work just to come home with 5 different assignments to complete literally everyday but Friday. I was told even if I follow their rules, sign in, and get my visitors sticker that I am not ALLOWED to pick my son up from class during dismissal. Which I think is insane, a parent has every right to retrive their child at anytime unless that parent has been proven to be a threat and I have never done anything even remotely close. The majority of the school admin acts as if they know what is best for your child even when you are trying to address an issue and then when it back fires they move slowly to resolve it. These are just a few of the things I've personaly found wrong with this school and I'll be glad when I no longer have to deal with them.

Posted August 29, 2010
Glenallen is a great school! Administration and staff are focused on helping children excel academically, socially and emotionally.

Glenallen Elementary School 4

Posted July 10, 2007
I am very pleased with the teachers and admin. They have been very helpful with my child's special needs. I would recomend this school.

Posted June 26, 2007
I'm pleased with Glenallen. I've taught at the school for many years, and my own children have attended Glenallen. Our teachers and staff are caring, dedicated, and creative. Our new principal, Amy Baker, is a plus. She is a dedicated, supportive, and strong leader whom students and staff like and admire. Under her positive leadership, Glenallen will thrive. There are many extracurricular activities at Glenallen. Monday is reading night in the media. The holiday performance was incredible. Our spring fling in May was the best one yet. There was a lot of involvement by staff, students, and parents. Students put on an incredible talent show. It really brought the school community together. Our new cafeteria is beautiful. After the old cafeteria building is renovated, I think the community will be impressed with the new office and classrooms.

Glenallen Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2007
I think that Glen Allen- has a lot of issues- when it comes to our child attending here. We have been very disappointed in the way we get a response from the staff here.The staff in the office aren't very helpful, and we have never seen the pricipal here. Our daughter cannot stand the school.Yet- she is an honor student here- and can't seem to feel comfortable, here. We will be moving shortly, though- so she won't have to attend 2nd grade here.Thank God!

Glenallen Elementary School 2

Posted July 10, 2006
For this area, Glenallen is an average school. The teachers are so busy with problem students that academically this school struggles. However, there are some wonderful teachers here.

Glenallen Elementary School
7050 Glenallen Boulevard, North Port, FL  34287
Last modified Glenallen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenallen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top