PK, 9-12|Public district
2,318 students|Sarasota

Bad
Good

In my opinion North Port High school is a great school located in the south part of Sarasota County. First of all, Sarasota has the best schools through out the state. North Port HS is a large all American suburban school with lots of programs for all of their varied students, from AP classes where students can get many college credit out of the way, to ESE self contained classes, for those needing extra services. The school has many sports and clubs for students to get involved. Overall it is a pleasant community where most of the students know each other and get along well.

Most caring staff and students I have ever worked with. The staff and students are down to earth and respectful of all types of students from all backgrounds.

We moved here from out of state and my daughters first day was AWFUL! Nobody will apwak to you, and very rude. If you haven't been in NP and aren't in the * click* you won't be excepted!!!! I highly recommend Imagine School. New principal is GREAT!!

I'm a Senior at North Port about to graduate and I have attended at North Port High all four years. I will start out with it's not a perfect school not even close but it's improving. Over the last three years I've been there (not including my senior year since I'm still attending) there has been a decline in fights but a lot, almost no fights during the school year ever. The food they serve at the school isn't the best, there isn't a lot of field trips (close to none), and our school isn't the best at sports but we are improving. We went from being a B school to an A school. The school staff does there job. But don't get me wrong I would like to see some more improvements such as being able to right click on the computer, more field trips for students, having bathrooms unlocked in the mornings & upstairs, more hand dryers in bathrooms, a larger variety of books to read in the library and more clubs. It's not the best school but it's pretty good. So in other words it's great but it sucks.

I have been at this school for a month now. I transferred here from out of state, & I'm a sophomore. None of my classmates have made any type of effort to talk to me, I talk to people and they literally won't respond. They're so cliquish, and do not accept outsiders. I've been sitting in the bathroom for lunch, because I was so humiliated to go back in there. The last lunch table I sat at I was completely ignored when I spoke and all they did was stare and make faces at me. I do not recommend going here. It's completely miserable not having friends and being so far away from home.

I am in ninth grade at NPHS and I love it here. The numbers given to the buildings was confusing on the first day, but you get the hang of it fast. The teachers are great. I am enrolled in two honor classes, an AP class, and biology. The teachers make the material easy to understand, but make things challenging for students. I an also on the varsity soccer team. The team is awesome! We have a hour of "study hall" before practice, so we have a high GPA. There are many different clubs to join.

Students with IEP's are set up to fail. This school only focuses on kids who do well. I dont feel my child is getting the proper education that she needs. So glad my child is not going here this year. Kids are mean, always fights at school, no discipline. Guidance and staff are not there for kids. If you want your child to succeed this isnt the school for them.

I am going to keep it brief. The guidance is poor to be frank. They will write one thing in the student handbook but once you try to apply the clause in the handbook they shoot it down saying we don't adhere to that. There aren't enough AP classes. And for the AP calculus they require you to take 2 technically 4 COLLEGE math classes before you can take AP calculus. 99% of schools just have it where all you need it pre calculus. So no wonder 2-3 people PER YEAR take AP calculus at this school. This school has terrible lunches but that is easily fixed with packing lunch. Just a forewarning there are a lot of people here who let's say are high on something other than life. Overall I give it a 3 because the guidance just isn't up to par whatsoever.

I don't like this school . Their guidance and staff don't help at all if you have an issue with a teacher or class, they have NO money whatsoever, some teachers stay after school to help but MOST don't at all. The students are rude and not disciplined, there is at least 2 fights a month, the lunch is unhealthy and most the time disgusting. Sports like track (you don't have to listen to that) are mixed and not in order, i'm sure other sports are just as mixed as track, the library is small with few books, security stinks, i had decent grades and I think i should have gotten A's and B's all year but that's whatever, Overall this school is a rate of 2 out of 5, and i'm glad i'm not going here next year for sophmore year.

I have been a teacher at North Port High since the opening in August 2001. Currently, I have a daughter who attends NPHS. Therefore I am fairly qualified to review this school. I am proud to work at this school, which has consistently improved in many areas, each year. The advanced placement courses and dual enrollment have grown tremendously in course offerings and passing rates. The staff is the most caring and dedicated staff I have ever worked with. The visual arts programs is top notch! The culinary program is out of this world.

Last modified North Port High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.