Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
We have witnessed many examples of how patient the teachers are with students in every grade. The teacher go above and beyond with connecting with each student and working with parents.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
My son's teacher held the same standards for each student. When our first grader was caught lying about writing in his daily planner, she addressed it with him as well as emailing us with details so we were able to follow up at home.

Posted June 03, 2015
We have enjoyed volunteering at the school as the leadership team makes parents feel very welcome. They give parents a large variety of opportunities to help in the classroom as well as after hours at extra-curricular activities for parents that work.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 03, 2015
Teachers obviously care and go above and beyond. Our son's first grade teacher worked with us to improve his skills at every level.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 03, 2015
Daily work that reinforced what was being discussed in the classroom. Can not give enough praise to the communication provided to parents.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
When our 1st grader struggled with finishing his work in the classroom, his teacher developed a plan to help him to achieve his goals which drove him to be a better student. When he struggled with a math subject, she sent home additional exercises to build his skill. He was so proud that he overcame a weakness. It showed him that he could improve with practice.

Oakland Avenue Charter School 1

Posted January 08, 2015
Lots of promises. No follow through. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. My child cried a lot, begging me to stay home. I asked about bullying--no real concern from the school.

Posted December 02, 2014
My daughter loves this school and her kindergaten teacher. I am asked often by others that interact with my child about where she goes to school as she is very social and articulate and very smart. So much of that is thanks to her teachers and the emense support system of parents and teachers at oakland. I also love how involved they require the parents to be (we must volunteer 20 hours per year between both parents), but hours can be gained just by going to monthly meetings in the evening or helping the teachers from home, or just by donating coffee or snacks for the monthly teachers meetings. My 5-year-old is already reading, spelling like a pro, and starting math - I could not be happier with her progress or with Oakland!

Posted May 07, 2014
My kids have loved their teachers, which is natural because they go above and beyond for their students.

Posted August 27, 2013
Great school with great leadership and fantastice teachers! It really is a family where everybody knows your name!!!!!!

456 East Oakland Avenue, Oakland, FL  34760
(407) 877-2039
Last modified Oakland Avenue Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Avenue Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top