523 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Outstanding school. We have been to many schools public, charter, homeschool, & private. 4 of our 6 children have attended Oakland Avenue Charter School. We have been very happy at Oakland Avenue Charter School and will continue at OACS for years to come. Great staff & leadership. Great opportunities for tutoring and continuing education through education camps etc...

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son's teacher held the same standards for each student. When our first grader was caught lying about writing in his daily planner, she addressed it with him as well as emailing us with details so we were able to follow up at home.

We have enjoyed volunteering at the school as the leadership team makes parents feel very welcome. They give parents a large variety of opportunities to help in the classroom as well as after hours at extra-curricular activities for parents that work.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers obviously care and go above and beyond. Our son's first grade teacher worked with us to improve his skills at every level.

Amount of homework: Agree

Daily work that reinforced what was being discussed in the classroom. Can not give enough praise to the communication provided to parents.

Lots of promises. No follow through. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. My child cried a lot, begging me to stay home. I asked about bullying--no real concern from the school.

My daughter loves this school and her kindergaten teacher. I am asked often by others that interact with my child about where she goes to school as she is very social and articulate and very smart. So much of that is thanks to her teachers and the emense support system of parents and teachers at oakland. I also love how involved they require the parents to be (we must volunteer 20 hours per year between both parents), but hours can be gained just by going to monthly meetings in the evening or helping the teachers from home, or just by donating coffee or snacks for the monthly teachers meetings. My 5-year-old is already reading, spelling like a pro, and starting math - I could not be happier with her progress or with Oakland!

My kids have loved their teachers, which is natural because they go above and beyond for their students.

Great school with great leadership and fantastice teachers! It really is a family where everybody knows your name!!!!!!

My son just completed Kindergarten in Mrs. Uhlman's class and she was a joy to work with. She was loving and patient with her kids and the kids were given a great enviornment to learn. My son excelled academically and with his behavior, learning responsability and how to work with others. He loves his school and loved his teacher and therefore loves to LEARN!

Last modified Oakland Avenue Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.