No rating

Meadowbrook Academy

Private | K-12

Living in Ocala

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $110,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted April 13, 2014

From a student, this is the worst school I have ever been to.Before I went to school here my brother would always complain about how awful it was. Me thinking he was being dramatic, I went the next year with him. Now coming from the public school system, the school is not challenging at all. I never had to study for anything. Thinking this might be a good thing, it's not. After 1 semester I left, and let me tell you public school is 100% harder. You would be doing your child a favor not to send them here. Also the principal is very controlling and judgmental. It is a rule that you or your parents could not be homosexual, and must be Christian. So if my parents were Muslim, and I was Christian, I could not attend. One time,I asked the librarian if they had Harry Potter and I was told I am not allowed to read that book because of witchcraft. Just please, if you love your child trust them enough to go to public school or send them elsewhere. Out of the 6 schools I've gone too, it is the WORST school.

Posted September 17, 2013

I have 2 grandchildren who have been at Meadowbrook for 2 yrs. I have other grandchildren who attend public school and who have attended other private schools in Ocala and I can tell you that Meadowbrook is heads above both! They care deeply about the students which shows in their actions! As with any school they have rules and regulations. This is Christian school with Christian values which are incorporated in the rules and regulations. Most of the disgruntled parents writing on here did not stand behind these rules and regulations and were not happy with the outcome!! If you are looking for a school with high academic and Christian values you will love Meadowbrook. My grandchildren love the school, teachers, Principal and staff!

Posted September 9, 2013

As a member of the class of 2007, i'd like to give a huge shout out to the teacher down at the bottom who said "The class of 2007 should have had half as many graduates as it did." having this attitude about your students makes you unqualified. This school shaped me to be the person I am today. I was able to create a personal relationship with my teachers as well as lifelong friendships with my classmates. It brings me great joy to be able to come on here and prove some of these negative reviews wrong. After graduating with the amazingly talented and smart class of 2007, I immediately went to a reputable university and i'm now in my masters program. The students that went on to CFC did so because they either wanted to stay in Ocala until they felt called to leave(which is ok) or because they didn't apply themselves. Not going to a university has nothing to do with Meadowbrook. I cherish my time I spent there.

Posted August 8, 2013

If you want your kid to go to College of Central Florida then this is the school for you. Yes, alumni have made it into UF, UCF etc. but only through attending College of Central Florida first since Florida Universities are required to accept transfers. A lot of the students are smart enough to get accepted into the big Florida Universities after graduation but do not have the needed credits (like Advanced Placement Courses) or extracurricular activities (Anchor Club etc) to make them stand out from everyone else who is applying.

Posted July 17, 2013

This school is horrendous. I went here for my entire school "life" from K5-12th, and let me tell you, it is NOT what it seems. If you want your kid in a school they will like, and be able to be themselves, DO NOT SEND THEM HERE. The principal, and the entire staff, is extremely judgmental and is all about money, money, money. People have been kicked out due to personal reasons I will not mention, but as a Christian school you would think they would want to help who needs it? NOPE. They kick people out who wouldn't allow them to be a certain rating. All I'm saying is, for going there 13 years, it's garbage, it's not challenging, and the staff are completely hypocritical and judgmental.

Posted July 7, 2013

Meadowbrook Academy is an excellent school. The students are taught well and prepared for the next grade level. The parent that speaks about their child going there for two years is not providing accurate information and should be ashamed of themselves. The principal and teachers go out of their way to promote a Christian environment that is safe and fun for our children. I know they are and have been on a waiting list for some time, so that tells you they are doing something positive. Those that leave (for whatever reason) should do so in peace because there are plenty of people who LOVE this school.

Posted June 11, 2013

My child went here 2 years. First year was great. Great teacher(Ms Brown) great communication. Second year(1st grade) aweful teacher and the principle sided with the teacher and then wouldn't let her return to teach the following year because of the issues that I pointed out. Then the principle refused to let my child return back to the school for second grade stating that the class was full. We knew of 5 different students that didn't return for various reasons and yet they insisted there wasn't room for my child. Long story short: if you mention or find a problem don't say anything or theyll kick you out! Too much business not enough church based actions! Lawsuit pending.

Posted July 19, 2011

This school is awesome . My son went here for 11 years and we are very happy with MeadowBrook. The lady in the review who says that they don't prepare students for college is wrong. I am aware of many students who went on to good universities including UF,UCF and South Florida. My son attends St. Leo University and is doing well. This school is small with a very peaceful enviroment for learning.

Posted June 27, 2011

My daughter loves this school. She has made many great friends and is academically above average for her age. The parents are all friendly and very involved with the students and her 5th grade teacher was the best. Awesome school !!

Posted October 9, 2010

As a transfer student from another state I have found this school to be not academically challenging enough. The principal is not flexible, she would not let me finish my classes for the rest of the year because I was one year younger. If you or your child is concerned about college selection, you may want to look at a challenging academic school.

Posted March 12, 2010

As a former students from this school, we can tell you that this school is not what it seems to be. The classes are unsatisfactory because they dont challenge you. Alot of the teachers are disrespectful towards students and do not do thier job. I dont recommend this school to anyone trying to get a good education.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 2, 2010

All 3 of my children go here and have since kindergarten. The teachers all know them by first name and know all of their unique personalities. The teachers and faculty really take the time to find out their likes, dislikes, and how they learn the best. I am confident in each of their teachers and know that this is where God has called my children to be. It is so reassuring to know that they are in an atmosphere that they are loved and surrounded by a staff that will instill christian character and pray with my children while they are attaining a positive academic education.

Posted November 17, 2009

My children have attended MeadowBrook Academy since entering Kindergarten in 2004. I have found that they are significantly advanced in their reading, writing, logic and reasoning as compared to other same-aged children. We wanted a school that would teach our children Christian education and the value of honor and dignity in today's world, and prepare for college and their lives after academics. MeadowBrook is an awesome school. The staff and teachers are loving and encouraging. The children love attending.... they want the best for themselves because they have come to grasp the concept of gaining knowledge and the value of wisdom. God has blessed this school and it's a special place!!!!!!!!

Posted July 27, 2009

I wanted to make sure there was another teachers perspective on this web site. Teaching at MBA is not just a job, it's a calling. The teachers at MBA are appreciated, loved, and supported. If this means pitching in for other teachers when needed, it is not a problem. We have the unique opportunity to build relationships with all our students and be involved, not just in their academics, but in their character developement as well. I am proud to be a MBA teacher!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 3, 2009

My son loves his school! Not only is he receiving a great education (learning cursive and spanish in Kindergarten!), but he's learning how to grow in God too! Great school and great teachers!

Posted January 19, 2009

Be sure to have administration confirm that your child's teacher is not just 'degreed', but certified in his or her particular subject area.

Posted May 3, 2008

As a former teacher, I know that this school isn't all it says it is. Yes, it's a Christian school that upholds those values, but most of the teachers there are unsatisfied with their jobs. They are overworked and underpaid, but I guess that goes for most schools. Being that there isn't a substitute pool to draw from, teachers find themselves covering others classes during their prep times, which takes away from their job performance. This school also passes students who should not pass. There were several times when I was told that I must pass students, even when their grades were failing because 'we can't fail students'. I had to give as much extra credit as possible that would cause these students to pass. The class of 2007 should have had half as many graduates as it did. It looks good on the outside, but it's disfunctional on the inside.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 16, 2008

This school is exciting ... the kids love attending and the faculty keeps the learning fresh and new. Family atmosphere, where everyone knows each student by name. Christian values and many wonderful role models. This school is fabulous!

Posted January 5, 2008

A+ Love this school! After my son attended a public school in Kindergarten in Citrus County, FL, I was in desperation to find a new school for him and his first grade experience. This school has the most loving, caring staff & administration. The academics are beyond compare. My son is reading & writing in cursive, taking Spanish class, music, pe, art, library, and more! The classroom is orderly & clean. In the first reporting, my son is on the Honor Roll & Dean's List. He loves attending this school and loves his teacher. Learning is finally exciting. School pageants, sports, field trips & so much more! If you are on the fence about attending a private school, this is the one! We live a county away, but do not mind the 35 minute drive!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ORUEF
Fax number
  • (352) 861-0533

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious