591 students|Okeechobee

Bad
Good

I do not know what kind of people are going on here rating this school well. The only thing this school has going for it is a nice principal. Other than that, where do I begin. The office staff are inattentive, incompetent, morons. At any given time, anyone could go in this school and get your child, considering there is hardly ever anyone doing there job in the front of the office, so just waltz right in. Secondly, My child in third grade last year was threatened to be shot, and nothing!! I mean nothing was done to this child, much less any precautionary measures to keep my child safe. The teachers refuse to take any sick day notes, doctor or otherwise from my kids to send to the office, to which I then get threatening letters about unexcused absences. OH, and lord help you if your child is special needs or has ADD or ADHD because they will threaten to right off the bat two weeks into school fail your child if you refuse to medicate them. This is the worst school I have ever seen. I have had two teachers that have intimidated my child due to having ADD and complaining was all I heard when my child falls behind because of his disability. Mrs. Anne Hacket, and Mrs. Murray = Horrid

This is one of the best schools I've ever seen!! The staff works together and is a close family. My children are excited to learn!!

My grandson has had three wonderful teachers at this school, the principal is a lovely caring lady , and my grandson LOVES school.. What else can ask for. He has learned so much!

Last modified North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.