North Elementary School 1

Posted November 07, 2013
I do not know what kind of people are going on here rating this school well. The only thing this school has going for it is a nice principal. Other than that, where do I begin. The office staff are inattentive, incompetent, morons. At any given time, anyone could go in this school and get your child, considering there is hardly ever anyone doing there job in the front of the office, so just waltz right in. Secondly, My child in third grade last year was threatened to be shot, and nothing!! I mean nothing was done to this child, much less any precautionary measures to keep my child safe. The teachers refuse to take any sick day notes, doctor or otherwise from my kids to send to the office, to which I then get threatening letters about unexcused absences. OH, and lord help you if your child is special needs or has ADD or ADHD because they will threaten to right off the bat two weeks into school fail your child if you refuse to medicate them. This is the worst school I have ever seen. I have had two teachers that have intimidated my child due to having ADD and complaining was all I heard when my child falls behind because of his disability. Mrs. Anne Hacket, and Mrs. Murray = Horrid

Posted July 25, 2012
This is one of the best schools I've ever seen!! The staff works together and is a close family. My children are excited to learn!!

Posted August 28, 2011
My grandson has had three wonderful teachers at this school, the principal is a lovely caring lady , and my grandson LOVES school.. What else can ask for. He has learned so much!

Posted January 10, 2009

Posted November 22, 2007

North Elementary School 3

Posted April 20, 2006

North Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2005
I think that they have a few issues related to parent communication. I have no idea what is going on half the time. If I wasn't diligent I would really not know anything. My child is an excellent student but I still need feedback.

Posted May 16, 2004
This is a wonderful school. The teachers are great and my children received an excellent education.

North Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2004
Both of my children attended this school. Overall I have been pleased with the instruction they have received. I would not rate them above any other elementary in the district, however. The school is overcrowded as people seem to think this school is the 'best' is the county.

North Elementary School 4

Posted April 15, 2004
Our child is 10 and is already talking about 'when I go to college'. I like to think that North Elementary is providing the foundation for her future not just in Okeechobee but outside of Okeechobee as well. I do believe that well rounded citizens begin as well rounded children who have a variety of experiences to learn that their little corner of the world is but part of the big picture and that there are unlimited opportunities waiting to be acted upon

North Elementary School
3000 Northwest 10th Terrace, Okeechobee, FL  34972
Last modified North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top