Orange City, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 09, 2013
I love this school. Last year I had two children attending this school for the first time. My oldest son in 3rd grade and middle son in Kindergarten. I am very pleased with the communication from the teachers and the encouragement both boys received. I now have all four of my children and my niece in this school and I could not ask for anything more. My only hope is that when I move out of state that I can find a comparable school.

Manatee Cove Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2011
School is fine for mainstream students but not so great for children with minor to moderate special needs or struggling students. No tutoring that I am aware of is offered until 3rd grade (you know for the all important F-Cats) until then your child will be left blowing in the wind feeling like a failure and beginning to hate school while your fighting for your child's educational rights. Contrary to other reviews parent involvement is not encouraged unless you consider being told over the P.A. System every day for 2+ years to leave campus encouragement. The silver lining is that there were some teachers that I dearly loved. (Gaskell, Rankin and Rodriguez)

Posted November 05, 2010
We moved here from Germany and we have never seen a school like this: wonderful and caring teachers and a great principal. Everybody cares so much for the needs of the children and our kids love to be there! For us parents it is wonderful to see the progress in the education and we are very proud to be part of the Manatee Cove Family.

Manatee Cove Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2010
Our Child enjoyed her time at this school..she was sad to leave. Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Fratus were wonderful to have for teachers and were very good at communicating trouble ares to us.

Posted April 24, 2010
Manatee Cove is a community of people working together to help every child succeed... teachers, parents, community volunteers, staff and administration.

Posted January 17, 2010
Great school! I just love the communication I have had with my son's teachers over the last 3 years since he's been there.

Posted November 06, 2009
My son attends Manatee Cove Elementary and I love this school! The Principal is wonderful, she cares and takes the time when there is an issue. She is always available to the parent. I feel that my son is ina safe, loving and great academic environment. And last but certainly not least, Manatee Cove has the best Extended Day Enrichment Program. Ms. Duckworth and her wonderful staff, from Ms. Lynn, Mr. D and Ms. April always have safe activities and of course they help the kids with their homework. Go Manatee Cove Elementary!!

Posted November 02, 2009
I love our principal, Mrs. Gonzalez. She is the best principal I have ever worked for. She works very hard to make sure our school is the best. We feel like a family because of her. The principal, assistant principal, students, and teachers at Manatee Cove Elementary are the best!

Posted October 21, 2009
Manatee Cove is a wonderful school that combines both high expectations for academics yet provides a nurturing atmosphere for the students to learn and develop in a positive way. The administrators of the school provide outstanding leadership to faculty and families.

Posted October 21, 2009
I am a parent and a teacher at Manatee Cove Elementary. All of the staff truly care about each other and every student. My son loves going to school, his teachers, and learning - his only complaint is that it is not open on the weekends!

Manatee Cove Elementary School
734 West Ohio Avenue, Orange City, FL  32763
Last modified Manatee Cove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manatee Cove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top