897 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Very organized. Lots of comminication. Plenty of events. Diverse. General attitude at this school is welcoming.

This school is phenomenal starting from the Principal, Mrs. Charlock. She hires great teachers and runs the school very well. Parent involvement is incredible and you really feel like you're part of a family. We've been at Timber Lakes 3 years now and I am still as impressed as I was the first year!

This school and all the staff are excellent. The last four years have been wonderful. My daughters teachers are amazing.

This is my daughter's first year at TLE school and so far it has been a good experience. The principal and personnel are respectful and attentive to the students need. It is not only about academics and making the school look good. They seem to really care about all of their students and families. The teachers make learning interesting and fun. The front office staff are awesome, always ready and willing to help, and with a smile! Parental involvement is amazing, never seen anything like it! I do not know the principal but she must be extraordinary to run such an exceptional school. Like I previously said, this is our first year here and so far first impressions have been phenomenal!

This is such a great school! They have great teachers and great staff. My kids really enjoy going to the Extended Day program at the school. They have so many great activities for the kids in the pm and they just seem to never want to leave. We just love this school!

Awesome school! My son was in private school and was terrible. Timber Lakes have a great teachers and a great team work. The always available to help my son in everything. This is the school I expected for my son. If you have a kid with IEP..this is your school.

My son just completed 2nd grade at Timber Lakes and I couldn't be more pleased with this school. My son really enjoyed the gifted program they offer. I do believe that being a new school, they still have a few wrinkles to iron out, but all in all, it is a great school.

This school to say the least is not the best school I have seen come from the Orange County School System. Issue after issue came up from the school. I never could get any actual responses from administrators and teachers. The administrators and teachers all point fingers at each other for answers. The entire staff did not have a clue on what was going on with its students and constantly left parents misinformed. The school is beautiful on the outside, but inside the students seem to run the halls and terriorize other students. Every time I went to the office to pick up my child there were always two or three students in the office for fighting and bullying. My son was constantly being ignored by the teacher and left to figure out assignments on his own. If I could place my child somewhere else I would.

This school is not what I expected. My kids miss Stone Lakes, and miss Avalon even more! I wish they could have stayed at Avalon Elementary, but we are here due to rezoning, not moving. The principal is all smiles but does not deal with real issues. My son is constantly bullied at this school and I can't get any help.

What an incredible school!!! Mrs. Carlock and her staff are wonderful, caring individuals that make every day special for our children. There are lots of extracirricular activities and the PTA is very active at the school and in the community. Mrs. Carlock is at every school activity, even hitting the dance floor with the kids. Transit in and out of the school is a bit tricky. The Extended Day program is fairly good. The staff really needs to be more friendly and customer-oriented. I was horrified to learn that they actually allow kids to come in unaccompanied and sign themselves in. Parents just drop them off and leave, assuming that the child goes to the Extended Care area and not ensuring that their child has been taken into their custody. I am sure if something ever happens, the parents will try to make the school liable!

Last modified Timber Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.