The Paragon School 1

Posted November 27, 2014
We pulled our child out just a few days into the school year. What no one tells you is that this institution is run like a military school for autistic children (a concept that is an oxymoron of its own). What broke the camel's back for us was that one day we picked our son up from school and he was limping. We were informed that he must have "rolled his foot" while exercising. Upon getting him home, we removed his shoes and found out the foot he was limping on was extremely swollen. Upon getting the swelling down, we noticed severe bruising over his foot. We took him to see a doctor, who ordered x-rays. It turns out our son had three broken bones in his foot. To make matters worse, he was made to endure an entire day at school limping. Then, upon finding out what was wrong with our son, no one at the school seemed to remember how it happened. Away went the story of him "rolling his foot" and mum became the word - no one knew how or when it could have happened, no apologies, no courtesy, no apathy...Just everyone playing the quiet game to not get sued for their negligence. Child services is now involved, and hopefully they will find justice for our son.

Posted August 24, 2013
My husband and I could not be more happy with our experience at the Paragon school. They understand that the world will not always adjust to our children, our children need to adjust to the world. They have high expectations and goals for all of the students. My son completes an amazing amount of work in a week and is constantly being challenged. The staff at this school is amazing.

The Paragon School 2

Posted July 08, 2013
Based on the tuition of this school, we had high expectations for our child. However, after receiving low grades at the end of her 2nd year of 4th grade there, I am left baffled. With one teacher for every 3-4 students, there should be no reason for this. Then I am told that the reason is that she is falling behind. This might be expected in a large classroom setting, which is why we brought her to Paragon. Also, I am paying for her to be in class 5 days a week, 8 hrs a day, not take field trips, which cost extra. I also don't agree with the way they discipline. To tell a student monday that they cannot go on the field trip(one of many) on Friday is absurd. Do they really know about autism? Now the child gets to obsess about not being able to go all week and is still expected to concentrate on the school work. Having extra-curricular activities (during school hours of course) when the parent has to work is ridiculous. We have to take time off of work in the middle of the day to go see our child in a play. I'm all for the kids having field trips and doing plays, just not during the time that I'm paying(ALOT) for my child to get an education. In closing, PARENTS BEWARE!
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 17, 2012
It was the review on May 20th 2012 which compelled me to write my own review of this school. I am sorry this person felt the need to dispute other peoples positive reviews of the school... This will be my son's second year at Paragon. He was in the public school system prior to attending Paragon and he was unable to complete work, he sat under a table in class for alot of the day and screamed every morning before school. He was very anxious and had low self-esteem. Thankfully, this is no more. We have seen an amazing change in our son since he began at Paragon- he actually enjoys school now and makes great grades! He has friends! He comes home and does his homework without issue! He participates in after school clubs! None of this happened before Paragon. I used to be afraid for what the future held and now, thanks to Paragon, that fear has been replaced with hope and excitement!

Posted June 10, 2012
I would like to re-affirm that the post of 5/9 was done by a parent and that it reflects our opinion of the school. We are delighted with the school and the progress our daughter has made since being there.

Posted June 04, 2012
The review posted on May 20th is both inaccurate and slanderous. After reading the guidelines for this site, I wonder why these posts have been allowed to persist.

Posted May 09, 2012
This is my daughter's first year at Paragon, and my husband and I could not be happier with the progress she has made. We started with many behavoir issues and she was well below her grade level.The staff is very professional and promotes a drama-free enviornment. I'm happy to say the behaviors are under control, the school has surpassed my expectations academically and best of all, she is very happy.

Posted April 04, 2012
Our child struggled academically and behaviorally in the public school system. The public school he went to did everything they could to help him but, they lacked all the necessary resources as well as having large classes. We also looked at charter schools but, too many were closing. We placed him in this school and immediately he was coming home and telling us he LOVED school! He is learning to be flexible, accept responsibility for his actions and there is no more pulling hair out at homework time. He just comes home and completes it. This school has helped him so much that our quality of family life has improved greatly! We think so highly of this school that we will be starting our other child there in the fall.

Posted April 04, 2012
I love this school! I've looked for the best placement for my child ever since kindergarten without much luck. Public schools were only as good as the individual teacher, and many did not have enough training or experience working with autistic kids. The charter school we went to was much better, but did not have as much emphasis on academics as I would have liked. I finally decided to try a private school, and I am so glad I did. This year has been the absolute best year we have ever had at school. I recommend Paragon to anyone in the Orlando area who has a child with Aspergers/high functioning autism.

Posted April 04, 2012
My son has been going to Paragon School for 5 yrs now since its inception. I have nothing but praises for the all the staff especially the teachers who believe in our children and their potentials. My son has improved tremendously academically beyond our expectations. While the school focuses on academics, they do not fail to address the behavioral needs of the child too. My son had a problem with accountability and thanks to his teachers and the behavioral analyst, he has improved tremendously. I have to say that it is a mutual effort at school and at home to make it a succcess. I highly recommend this school especially for those with Asperger's syndrome.

The Paragon School