628 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I adopted my son in 2014 and he had an IEP at his old school but tested out of that before moving to Lake George. He is academically ahead but behaviorally was far behind. The school was OUTSTANDING in helping work through is behaviors and determining what we could do to ensure his success. Due to be academically a head he did not qualify for an IEP an longer but did a 504 for behavior. I was so extremely grateful to the Guidance Counselor and Dean for going far above what was expected to ensure my son did well. He is now thriving and loves school and feels save there. They also took time to give all option to me with a 504 plan including the McKay Scholarship and services available with a 504. Since I spent so much time at the school over the past year and a half I have seen many children with difficulties in many ways and have seen how well they work with each child. I have also noticed that some parents want the school to fix it all and not do anything at home. If I could change one thing I would have more parental involvement at the school to make a team instead of leave it all to the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My experience has been great with the teachers. I communicate often during planner and email.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have spent a lot of time in the school lobby observing how they treat children. I hear what is going on in the halls and the adults all speak respectfully to the children and explain consequences, offer alternatives and praise good choices

My son attended this school after his father retired from the military. Prior to this school my son had a very extensive IEP with multiple services needed for him to succeed. When I went to register my son I was told by one of the women that work in the office that handle registration that they "do not offer those services to students" and that if I didn't like that I could find a private school for him. When the school year started they completely and totally dismissed his IEP. Not knowing any better I thought we were stuck with this school. Until this point my son had only been in DoDEA schools (schools on military posts) and had a wonderful special education staff that did all they could for him. If it wasn't for his teacher at this school, Ms. Wyatt, my son would not have been promoted to second grade. We moved after that and his new school gave him a new IEP. As a result of this school dismissing his IEP he did not have the services he needed to be a successful student and he now has to repeat the second grade. I've since found out that what they did was illegal. If you are the parent of a special needs student, RUN AWAY from this school.

my son is in this school and he loves it I am please with what the teachers have done with him and the progress he has made I hope he continued to be in this school until he graduates elementary school so maybe I have to move from the area but I hope he could stay in this school I will do what ever I have to do so he can be there...

Excelent!! Teacher and Staff is very good!! The school is clean. My son is very happy

THE BEST SCHOOL ,TEACHERS, AND STAFF .THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.................................................

This is a wonderful school. I moved here because it was rated so high and couldn't have been more pleased. All three of my children have had great elementary school experiences. I have interacted on many occasions with the principal, who can name almost every child in the school and truly cares about each one. The only time I ever had a problem, the principal was right there to help, not taking either side. One more note- Mrs. Hinchman is an exceptional teacher and you could see the proof of that by looking at either her higher than state average FCAT scores or the affection her students show for her.

This school gets an A rating which is deceiving, it only gives an overall view of the teaching being done. At the beginning of the year when i met Ms Hinchman, she told me she was a lazy teacher. Now I see she wasn't kidding, over half her class is failing in reading, rubrics writing, etc. Now with this new bill passed, these teachers will be weeded out and the problem with these burnt out teahers will be resolved.

My son has been going to this school since 1st grade. He's made lots of friends and i think this school is the best for a kid.

Last modified Lake George Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.