Lake George Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2015
My son attended this school after his father retired from the military. Prior to this school my son had a very extensive IEP with multiple services needed for him to succeed. When I went to register my son I was told by one of the women that work in the office that handle registration that they "do not offer those services to students" and that if I didn't like that I could find a private school for him. When the school year started they completely and totally dismissed his IEP. Not knowing any better I thought we were stuck with this school. Until this point my son had only been in DoDEA schools (schools on military posts) and had a wonderful special education staff that did all they could for him. If it wasn't for his teacher at this school, Ms. Wyatt, my son would not have been promoted to second grade. We moved after that and his new school gave him a new IEP. As a result of this school dismissing his IEP he did not have the services he needed to be a successful student and he now has to repeat the second grade. I've since found out that what they did was illegal. If you are the parent of a special needs student, RUN AWAY from this school.

Lake George Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2014
my son is in this school and he loves it I am please with what the teachers have done with him and the progress he has made I hope he continued to be in this school until he graduates elementary school so maybe I have to move from the area but I hope he could stay in this school I will do what ever I have to do so he can be there...

Lake George Elementary School 4

Posted January 15, 2014
Excelent!! Teacher and Staff is very good!! The school is clean. My son is very happy

Posted August 26, 2013
THE BEST SCHOOL ,TEACHERS, AND STAFF .THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.................................................

Posted November 30, 2011
This is a wonderful school. I moved here because it was rated so high and couldn't have been more pleased. All three of my children have had great elementary school experiences. I have interacted on many occasions with the principal, who can name almost every child in the school and truly cares about each one. The only time I ever had a problem, the principal was right there to help, not taking either side. One more note- Mrs. Hinchman is an exceptional teacher and you could see the proof of that by looking at either her higher than state average FCAT scores or the affection her students show for her.

Lake George Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2011
This school gets an A rating which is deceiving, it only gives an overall view of the teaching being done. At the beginning of the year when i met Ms Hinchman, she told me she was a lazy teacher. Now I see she wasn't kidding, over half her class is failing in reading, rubrics writing, etc. Now with this new bill passed, these teachers will be weeded out and the problem with these burnt out teahers will be resolved.

Posted May 04, 2010
My son has been going to this school since 1st grade. He's made lots of friends and i think this school is the best for a kid.

Lake George Elementary School 0

Posted April 05, 2010
My son has gone to Lake George for 4 years. He is now in 5th grade there. I like this school. The staff is great with on exception but over all the staff is very dedicated and acessable to parents.

Lake George Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
My granddaughter attends Lake George and she loves school! I think this is great as it keeps children interested in learning. She is very happy with her teachers. She is an avid reader and loves learning which I attribute to the teachers in addition to her family.

Lake George Elementary School 2

Posted January 11, 2009

Lake George Elementary School
4101 Gatlin Avenue, Orlando, FL  32812
Last modified Lake George Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake George Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top