Timber Creek High School

Public | 9-12 | 3030 students

Posted April 24, 2014

I am currently a Parent at Timber Creek High School. The hallways at the high school can get crowded because of the enormous amounts of students in the school. However, I believe that all departments in the school are excellent. My Son is in AP classes and have been since freshmen year and I am very confident and satisfied with the teachers i have had.

Posted January 15, 2014

I go to this school, and let me tell you it's amazing the teachers get really involve with the students to get the best of them. you have plenty of classes and extra-curriculum activities. this is also a 'A' school again this year so if you are thinking about moving near this school, don't think it twice and register.

Posted December 14, 2013

As a former student of TCHS! I will say that it was an awesome experience for me. The campus is clean! The teachers are very involved in the student's academic progress. I left TCHS forming wonderful friendships with my teachers and guidance counselor. I still often visit that school, just to say hello to some of my former teachers. I can't say how thankful and privileged I am to have attended TCHS! Even though it has been a few years since I graduated! I still reflect very fondly on thy school for such wonderful memories. I would recommend this school to anyone who just moved and is new to the area. If you want your kids to get a wonderful education, TCHS, is your school!

Posted August 22, 2013

In fact, I am happy to join my daughter to this school with high capabilities, as well as my daughter a happy existence in this school and to the good handle thanks to Timber Creek School

Posted August 19, 2013

This school is great! My younger son is currently studying here as a Sophomore and the classes are great! The electives are great, the AP classes are excellent, and the many extra-curricular activities are incredible! My only concern is the Band on how they treat the students there. My oldest son used to be in the Band and let me just say that he was a bit exhausted at how hard he worked to earn the highest band last year. They kept him in the lowest band for 4 years straight. This got him a bit depressed in which it led to his confidence and self-esteem to drop. I guess it was a bit of a waste to pay for the uniforms for those four straight years. I don't know what they do to manage the bands there but I don't suggest it as an arts elective.

Posted August 9, 2013

Timber Creek High School is excellent, my son study in this school and I happy .This is beautiful.

Posted April 22, 2011

Timber Creek is a great high school! We relocated to FL from another state - my children were coming from one of the top school districts in the country, so I was worried that the school would not be challenging enough. Glad to see that I was VERY wrong! timber Creek has a fabulous staff, and challenging curriculum and an excellent athletics program. You can register your teens at this school with confidence, knowing they will be in excellent hands!

Posted September 28, 2010

This is a wonderful school, great principal and staff, excellent curriculum and wonderful activities. My child is a Senior, we'll miss this school sooooo much.

Posted December 17, 2009

My family moved here from New England. We searched all of the high schools in the Orlando area and we found that TCHS is the best school. They involve their students and the facultyis superior. My son is a senior this year and he already says how much he'll miss TCHS. The absolute best...

Posted October 4, 2009

It has great classes, academics and sports and there's something for everyone

Posted October 2, 2009

I used to attend to CHS during my freshman and sophmore year. I thought it was ok, but once I entered TCHS I noticed how different and nice was everyone, especially Mr. Wright. He is the best principal I've ever had. If you have a problem, you can talk to him. What I like most about TCHS is that even though there's an economy problem we still have good elective classes as well as required classes in order to graduate. Every administrator is willing to help you on anything you need. I feel that TCHS is part of my family :D

Posted September 3, 2009

My children entered Timber Creek this year, their first time in public school. So far the honors classes they are in are comparable to the ones in good private schools and classrooms are well-controlled and orderly. Teachers are top-notch. We were pleasantly surprised by the great administration and excellent organization. This is a great high school, and parents considering moving their kids from private school to Timber Creek should feel absolutely comfortable in doing so. Every staff member has been professional and helpful and truly care about the parents and students.

Posted August 19, 2009

Timber creek is such a great school, their teaching programs are Excellent! : )

Posted April 3, 2009

I think the administration is top notch and can't believe how 'on top of everything' they are with as many students as they have in attendance. The caring, trusting staff is exemplary and I'm glad my daughter is an AP student at TCHS. Kudos to the arts department as well for a spectacular performance of 'Little Shop Of Horrors!' The props and acting and music and singing was amazing! Very Professional!Well done! :)

Posted March 17, 2009

I am a parent of TCHS. I had lived in east Orland all my life and had seen how this calm community evolved into a crowded place. The school is not the excepted. The new ninth grade center is overcrowded; doesn't have a former cafeteria (a lunch bus stands at the side of the small entrance called 'lobby'). Freshmans had to cross the street to go to the main campus. There are not enough admnistrators to handle the demands of this population. The environment is completely different in the main campus. You can see the difference from the amount of staff per student and the quality and security. Teachers are concern overall but you have to be in contact constantly to assure your kids are been well serve. I am a teacher and a school coordinator in charter schools. The level of education is excellent in the honor classes.

Posted February 11, 2009

I am from out of state and my daughter who has challengers has excelled. I am totally amazed at the level of attention I receive. Each and every time my daughter has a problem, the school handles it promptly. Great job to all at TCHS.

Posted August 19, 2008

Overall, this is an excellent school. It has some very good programs to help the students manage their education proactively. The AP program is excellent!

Posted June 27, 2008

An amazing school with teachers who really care more about the eduction and understand that it's the quality not just the quanity of staudents' education that matters.

Posted May 28, 2008

TCHS is a great school with lots of offerings, a great teacher who really loves his job, excellent teachers and fantastic extracurriculars. I'm still marveled how the manage this school so well with almost 4500 students. Kudos!

Posted February 24, 2008

This is the second OCPS High School my daughter has attended. I thnk the teachers and staff here are amazing. For being so overcrowded they seem to make time to address every student's and parent's concerns and needs. I cannot say enough great things about the admin.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

764 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

734 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

722 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

725 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

419 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

935 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

553 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 2%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Language learning

• Chinese (Mandarin)
  • French
  • Latin
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options

• Track
  • Volleyball
  • Water polo
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1001 Avalon Park South Boulevard