Andover Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 765 students

Posted October 14, 2010

I could not recommend a better school for any child. I have had a child in this school since it opened and still have a child in it. Wow! The teachers really care about what is best for their students! They truly want to work with parents to help guide the students in the right direction. If you have a question, they are there for you. This school is a second family, they beleive in a partnership, team approach. I just can't say enough good things. I only only sad that this is our last year there! Thank you Andover for bringing out the best in our children!

Posted September 8, 2009

Andover Elementary is wonderful. The teachers and staff are just sweet and understanding with the children as with the parents. Security level is wonderful and teaching is by far amazing. I never saw my son love to go to school untill this year. He hated going and now he just loves it. I advise we were moving and he started crying because he loves this school so much. I decided to move close to this school so he may finish here. Thats how great this school is. My son even says the children are great to hang with because there polite also. He's learn a lot here.

Posted May 28, 2009

I am a parent of two children that attend Andover as well as, a previous teacher at another school. Mr. Pritts is an excellent principal. He is always available for parents and manages to run everything smoothly while encouraging teachers to reach high standards. The teachers are friendly and the whole staff works to learn each child's name ensuring a community feel and effort. The vertical alignment between grade levels is fabulous. The students are pushed hard to reach their potential! Sharon

Posted February 7, 2009

Kudos to Mr. Pritts and all the teachers, especially Ms. Hanophy! My daughter is in her class and I am so pleased with her direction of their studies. She keeps me abreast of any difficulties my daughter may be having, she's easily accessible for conferences, via email, phone, or in person. I feel so involved with my child's academic progress thanks to her. I really like the challenges she presents her students with because it teaches them responsibility and discipline with their studies. My daughter has never been so challenged and I am very pleased with this school.

Posted April 10, 2008

My daughter goes to andover, she's in the 5th grade in Mr Varn 's class . I will like to thank the principal Mr. Pritts for helping me so much with my daugthter when she was in trouble and also she has wonderful teachers like Mr. Varn wich keep me in touch of all her work , Mrs. Davis the Art teacher, Mrs. Sally Braddy, the reading teacher, they are doing a great job with our kids... Thank you also to all the staff members and of course the bus drivers... because we all know they go through alot with the kids on the bus ride to school and back. By far, Andover is a great place for your child to get an education.

Posted April 7, 2008

My name is Idilia Pina and my daughter goes to Andover Elementary. She is in 5th grade and is currently in Mr Varn's Class. A couple of weeks ago with my daughter and I called her prinicpal, Mr. Pritts just once and he called me right back. The 2nd time I went to see him at school in person and he resolved another incident very quickly. I really wantd you guys to know that he was very helpful. I was so pleased with the way he handled the situation. Andover Elementary has a great principal and along with him, Andover also has some great teachers that has made a great impact in my child's life, for example Ms. Davis the art teacher, Mr. Varn the homeroom teacher, and Ms. Sally Braddy the reading teacher. I am greatful that orange county have these remarkable teachers assisting my daughter. Thank you so much.

Posted March 10, 2008

My daughter is a transfer student from another OCPS school. She was so nervous at first but everyone from the Principal to her classmates made her feel welcomed. We love Andover very much. I am in education as well and I am very pleased with the administration, faculty and staff. They are doing an exceptional job in caring and educating our children. KUDOS to Andover!

Posted October 9, 2007

This is my daughter's first year here at Andover. My daughter is actually a transfer form another school district and I am extremely pleased with Andover and the drive is worth it for her. Mr. Pritts is ver involved in the school and that shows he cares about his students and his staff. The staff are all friendly and willing to help and guide you in even the smallest of matters. My daughter is already taking a field trip also which I think is great. I love that they are getting the kids out to try new things and finding enrichment for them outside the school early on. Another point I would like to share is the quick response time to any issues that come up and a genuine interest in what you have to say about them. Awsome Andover Stars!

Posted October 8, 2007

I have 2 children in 5th and 3rd grades. This is our second year. The principal has lots of leadership skills. The new principal is good too. The teachers are excellent and the staff very friendly. I recommend Andover Elementary to everybody.

Posted August 29, 2007

This is my second year with this school. My daughter attend here and I love the teacher and their staff. I recomended to any parent

Posted May 29, 2007

This was my first year with my son, the quality, the help from teachers, attendance, cafeteria, principal and all the staff , excellent my son learn a lot and my self in the involving with the school activities for my son and special the security I loved. Thank Andover great job See you next year.

Posted October 8, 2006

This is a wonderful school! Many teachers enjoy teaching at Andover. I couldn't be happier

Posted September 7, 2006

I am very proud of Andover Elementary School. The principal is outstanding woman who encourages her students, teachers and staff to reach for the stars. Andover did reach for the stars during their first year; the school is now an A school. This accomplishment was because of the hard working teachers and staff! Keep reaching for the Stars Andover!

Posted June 14, 2006

The academic programs are great and well implemented. They so not offer any extrscurricular activities at this time,this is a new school. I am sure there will be activities in the future. Parent involvement and community support is great. Parents are made to feel welcomed at all times.

Posted May 9, 2006

I am very pleased with the first year of school at Andover. I have one child there and another to start next school year. The principal and teachers are very involved with the students and they encourage good communication between teachers and parents. I am proud of Andover achieving an A grade!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

109 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

109 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

126 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

126 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

124 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

98 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3100 Sanctuary Point Boulevard