Posted June 05, 2014
My child just finished first grade and also attended Kindergarten at this school. So far our experience has been great. Principal Mr. Schreffler is very involved and seems to be a great leader in not only supporting the teachers but also motivating them.

Posted June 04, 2013
We had been homeschooling since my daughter was about 3.5, so I had a bit of trepidation about her entering such a different learning environment. Thankfully, we were pleasantly surprised with the support from the staff, and my daughter has loved every minute being here. Her teacher has done well to keep her stimulated and learning at her pace, with making adjustments such as sending her to an more advanced classroom for reading. I also appreciate the principal's involvement. He is readily available for the students and parents, and is quick to respond and interact. I do wish they had a gifted program on campus, since my daughter would very much benefit from it, but I do believe the administration is doing well with what they have.

Posted February 08, 2013
I am proud to say my son attends this school. I see such great dedication from his teacher and the rest of the staff. The principal is very present and active in all school activities. I have never had an issues in communicating with the teacher or the principal. They are responsive and seem to care deeply for the well being of the kids. The school hosts wonderful learning activities for the parents to join with the kids after school. They always make an effort to have law enforcement officers at drop off and pick up time which makes me feel my son is safe. The school is clean and well organized. My son has developed way more then I expected for his grade level. They really push the kids to give their best!

Posted July 25, 2012
Wonderful school with an amazing group of teachers! Strong leadership moving from a C to an A in one year even though the state of FL raised its grading standards... problems, as in any and every school will exist, its up to the leadership at home to work with the school to ensure their child gets maximum benefit remembering always that maximum potential for any individual is not always "A".... be realistic with your child, this school is as good as it gets... i have had children their since it opened up so i know what i'm talking about. On the negative side... PARENTS NEED TO GET MORE INVOLVED, VOLUNTEER MORE AND BE PRESENT WHEN NEEDED!

Posted July 24, 2012
You get out of this school what you are willing to put into it. If you send your child there on time, well-prepared to learn, and willing- you will see amazing results! If you send your child when they feel like going, don't keep money in their lunch accounts, and never review their homework- surprise! They aren't going to do well! WLE has strong leadership with a teaching staff that works well beyond their contracted hours...their efforts show as we have moved from a C to an A once again. Great work Owls!

Posted June 11, 2011
I think Wyndham Lakes is a wonderful school. My son will be in second grade his coming school year. The principal, guidance councilor and other staff have been very helpful and understanding as we have taken the journey to find our that my son has Asperger's Syndrome. He enjoys going to school and feels comfortable there. I am excited to be having my little one starting kindergarten at this school as well. I am also interested to see how the coming year goes, considering there will be far less students this year due to a new school opening in the area.

Wyndham Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2011
The school is biased. If you are hispanic you are accepted by the hispanic staff. The teachers do not care. Though they know how to act as if they do. God forbid your child hasone of the fifth grade teachers. She is very disrespectful to my child. The teachers are very unprofessional. The cafeteria staff is rude and I have overheard them speaking derogatory statements while around children. I agree with the bullying statement. That statement was in 2007 and we are in 2011 and still the same problem. The school is also over crowded.

Wyndham Lakes Elementary School 0

Posted March 03, 2010
This school has gone from a C to an A. How did this happen? WLES has a wonderful staff that is dedicated and passionate about their students. Everyone is welcoming and friendly this is one of the best schools in Orange County it just hasn't been open long enough to be recognized. They have great talented teachers that won't disappoint you!

Posted July 07, 2009

Posted April 15, 2009
my son is a honor roll at that school an i am very happy and tho most important my son in confortable and happy with the teachers, friends, personal administration, they are very friendly and helpers with us.

Wyndham Lakes Elementary School
14360 Wyndham Lakes Boulevard, Orlando, FL  32824
Last modified Wyndham Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wyndham Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top