Palm Bay, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 27, 2014
I have pulled my child from this school and now homeschool. My daughter was extremely unhappy. I just wanted to say if you have the ability to look at the school scores THEY speak for themselves. This is a BELOW AVERAGE school... BELOW 50% able to read?.. Read these reviews for they are all correct in speaking. No one is out to get anyone but we are out to get the best education possible. I know I can teach better than she got it there.

Discovery Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
My daughter attends Discovery this will be her third year. The first year was first grade she went there I was very happy with the teachers, staff and communication was great. Last year in second grade it was all different and not very happy teachers and staff would not get back in touch when left messages. Starting third grade on Monday we will see how it goes if not it looks like homeschool is the best option. No one listens when you address a problem and I have issues with it being a parent who is involved with their childs education.

Posted March 31, 2014
I am not a fan of this school at all. There is bullying and nothing done about it. My daughter has a teacher this year that has made her hate school (1st grade).

Posted November 19, 2013
Bullying, Bullying, Bullying and a pretty Landscape is this school is great for.. Teachers are awful except for the exception of Mrs. Almeyda.. If you like your child bullied and the teacher nor principal do anything about it than by all means send your child here..

Discovery Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2013
My daughter is attending Discovery Elementary for her first year of kindergarten. The school is very un organized sending different times of dismissal times, rescheduled testing days without notifying myself, lack of staff knowing what is going on, seemed very scary to leave my child there from the lack of knowledge from the staff. Bacially figure everything out yourself or you will get 10 different ancwers from the staff.

Discovery Elementary School 5

Posted June 08, 2013
My child has excelled at Discovey since Kindergarten. On FCATS he has scored 4's and 5's. I have nothing but good to say!

Posted April 06, 2013
This school is falling apart ever since Principle McCalla left. As a former student I'm ashamed to see what has happened to this school and how bad they now teach my younger sibling now at Discovery. Parents, DO NOT enroll your child in this school as nothing good will come from it. Bottom line 1 star because I can't give none at all

Posted August 13, 2012
There are plenty of great charter schools with bus transportation. Do your kids a favor and apply elsewhere! This school was my kids worst nightmare. Absolutely not a good learning environment! The staff seems nice, school looks pretty, but don't be fooled! Do not subject your children to this school you will surely regret it. I know I did!

Discovery Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2012
My kids loved it there because they thought it was much easier than the school they go to now. One was there from K-2 & my other was there K-1. I liked it until my kids started their new school and we found they were behind & struggling academically. I think the school should focus more on academics than earning their "beautiful landscape" award (or whatever it's called). Switching schools was the result of being rezoned and I feel like it was a blessing! Sad part is, my 4th grader still only got a 3 on FCAT Writes. Bottom line, all Discovers really has going for it is that it looks good.

Posted May 01, 2012
I am only awarding 1 star because I have to award at least one. The issues and the mistreatement of my child, and poor cooperation I have received from the teacher and principal do not deserve any kind of star at all. My child has been mistreated by a teacher, and the principal refused to meet with me about it until I threatened to go to the school board. When a formal complaint and investigation found that my child should be removed for his on safety from this women's class, the principal refused to give in to the demands of the investigation unitl I went to the school bard. She refused to give me the final outcome of the investigation which by law (because all teachers are state employees and complaints are public record) is not allowed. We have then faced retaliation because of the complaint, and my child is the one suffering from it. We haven't had a single issue until this incident. Even another teacher has come to me privately expressing the concern for my child. He will not be going there next year because of this treatment. Unfortunately there are student who still have to go there.

Discovery Elementary School
1275 Glendale Avenue Northwest, Palm Bay, FL  32907
Last modified Discovery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top