Public charter
Palm Bay, FL

Posted July 25, 2014
People can say all they want about Odyssey but in the end it is one of the best. When considering all factors, academics, class size, facility conditions, diversity, teachers education and so forth, It is the best in Palm Bay. The icing on the cake is that they do not have a whole bunch of kids that have been left behind multiple times, like some of the schools I'm comparing them to. It really helps prevent bullying and your child growing up too fast. Odyssey has a wonderful and rewarding environment for children and I am so glad that my boys were excepted 3 years ago. Surprisingly enough, my boys can't wait to get back to school this year. Looking forward to many more years at Odyssey. Thanks!

Posted July 25, 2014
Hi, my name is Pam and I taught 1st and 2nd grade in a Montessori environment last year at Odyssey. The school has been paying for my Montessori training for the past 3 years and I completed a 2 week summer residency last month. Administration has been very supportive to me and my path to becoming a Montessorian. I'm not sure who posted this, but it's just not accurate. I'm excited to use everything I learned this summer when I teach 1st grade this year.

Posted July 24, 2014
Odyssey is a wonderful school with teachers that really care. There was very open communication between myself and my child's teachers and I felt like they were open to discuss any concerns I had. I love the healthy cafe and my child loved learning all about nutrition and working in the class gardens. He was able to have a hands on experience planting, growing and harvesting. My child has a learning disability and I feel that he excelled academically at Odyssey. There were always parent volunteer opportunities for parents inside as well as outside of the classroom. I also think that many of the recent negative reviews on this site are from the same disgruntled parent who did not get their way and is taking it out on Odyssey. If she put as much effort into doing something positive rather than thriving on the negativity, she could accomplish much more! I love Odyssey and my children will all be attending without a doubt! Thanks for all the hard work you do!!

Posted July 07, 2014
I get the feeling many of these one star reviews may be the same crusading parent, considering the general consensus amongst parents I've spoken to is very positive towards Odyssey. This school is a beacon in a struggling community. They serve healthy lunches, it's naturally daylit, and they play Mozart in the halls. There are gardens throughout the campus, attended to lovingly by the children. K-3 are supplied with Montessori, hands-on education, which is an essential learning environment to allow children to learn how to learn. I couldn't be more pleased with the results I've gotten sending my children there for the past 4 years. I highly recommend Odyssey.

Odyssey Charter School 1

Posted June 24, 2014
I don't think much of Odyssey anymore with the changes in administration, staff and the principal nothing is as it was before. They hire people with no teaching credentials and they tend to have a lot of who is the "favorite" going on in the school and that includes teachers as well as students. Meetings don't seem to matter because they never do what they say when you leave. I will NOT be letting my children return unless they use what they write in the school hand book and hire the proper people with teaching ability and the credentials to go with it. The front desk staff is so rude. Parents who say they like the school changes and the staff have no idea what other children go through.

Odyssey Charter School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
I think as long as students do what is asked such as completing homework on time they will have no problems.My son has some learning delays and is an honor student.He has no problems understanding the work and gets plenty of help if needed. Its one of the best in Palm bay. Very content.

Odyssey Charter School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
This is a great, innovative school with an excellent curriculum and Healthy Cafe. However, some of the teachers need to be replaced including the "senior" teachers.

Odyssey Charter School 1

Posted May 11, 2014
Please don't enroll your kids in this school. Everything is awesome until the teachers start showing their true colors (mean, disrespectful, evil, bullies). Do your family a favor and dont enroll them. My son attended Kindergarten and will never go back to this so called A School. Please beware! God bless.

Posted March 25, 2014
Our children have attended OCS since 2005 and will continue for many more. I am a law enforcement officer in Brevard County and visit many schools in the county. This is by far one of the best. If you are looking for a school that will meet your child's needs no matter where they are - this is the school.

Posted March 22, 2014
My grandchildren attend Odyssey and they love all of their teachers and school friends. The school provides a challenging academic program and did outperform all of the neighboring Palm Bay elementary and middle schools this past year. The teachers are very helpful and everyone is very committed to give their best. The school is unique, has great fresh food and a beautiful green school campus. It is truly a blessing to the community. We love the school.

Odyssey Charter School
1755 Eldron Boulevard Southeast, Palm Bay, FL  32909
Last modified Odyssey Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top