Public charter
Palm Bay, FL

Posted May 26, 2015
We recently had to move to Orange county during the last month of this school year and I miss Odyssey so much! My kids are way ahead of everyone in their class at their new school. Their teachers were amazed that they came in knowing everything required for their grade level and some. At Odyssey kids were pushed onto the next material when they got it. It really shows now that I can compare it. Their new school rewards their students with sweets daily to get them to push themselves. I know for some kids that really works but I really miss how Odyssey focused on teaching students how to make healthy choices and eliminating all the junk food that other public schools have. I am working hard to find them a local charter school or magnet program. I didn't realize how good my kids had it at Odyssey until we left...the grass is NOT always greener as they say

Odyssey Charter School 4

Posted April 24, 2015
Focused on wellness and the environment; teachers recognize children's potential and encourage them to explore; administration and faculty are receptive to parent suggestions. School is committed to creating a community and working with local vendors (i.e. organic farms) to support the local economy while still adhering to the mission of healthy school. Also greatly support school families undergoing times of crisis or difficulty. Am so glad to have my four children enrolled in this school!

Posted April 23, 2015
CONGRATULATIONS to Odyssey's Founder/Head of Schools, Leadership Team, teachers/staff, students, and parents for being named a 2015 US Department of Education Green Ribbon School. The aim of U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools award is to recognize schools that: Reduce environmental impact and costs; Improve the health and wellness of schools, students, and staff; and Provide environmental education, which teaches many disciplines, and is especially good at effectively incorporating STEM, civic skills, and green career pathways. This is an amazing accomplishment! What a wonderful environment for our children to grow and learn in. I love working with the Odyssey team and students!

Odyssey Charter School 4

Posted April 19, 2015
This is a good school, but they need to return to the "A" rating they once had. Many parents are leaving. The great thing about this school is that they have many environmental science courses. They also have the "Young Engineers" program which is highly impressive. However, the cost for the Young Engineers program is only accessible to those who can afford it. They need more tutoring and computer/science/engineering courses after school. A coding class would be excellent! The music and art programs are great. I just hope they continue to excel and move forward because right now many are jumping ship.

Odyssey Charter School 1

Posted February 24, 2015
Simply the worst school I have ever encountered. Inept administration and teachers. All they care about is money. They constantly have their hands cupped for a donation in any form. With over 30 students per class, I don't know how the children learn.

Posted February 03, 2015
This is a wonderful school! I have 2 boys,1st and KG. This school has 2 certified teachers per class. This puts the class size about 30 kids per class. I was worried my boys would have too much noise a movement to focus in class. They had an adjustment period at first. Lets face it, boys have a ton of energy and are easily distracted. Half a year into the school year, my KG student is doing work that my 1st grader did last year towards the end of the year. Both my boys sit at the counter and do their homework while I cook dinner, TV on in the background and their 2 yr old sister running around playing. Their level of focus and concentration is amazing. I know this has everything to do with how they teach at Odyssey. Their healthy (fresh salad bar, organic/healthy menu) has also changed their eating habits at home. I get tons of communication from the school regularly, (flyers, phone calls, emails). Overall nothing but positive things!

Posted July 25, 2014
People can say all they want about Odyssey but in the end it is one of the best. When considering all factors, academics, class size, facility conditions, diversity, teachers education and so forth, It is the best in Palm Bay. The icing on the cake is that they do not have a whole bunch of kids that have been left behind multiple times, like some of the schools I'm comparing them to. It really helps prevent bullying and your child growing up too fast. Odyssey has a wonderful and rewarding environment for children and I am so glad that my boys were excepted 3 years ago. Surprisingly enough, my boys can't wait to get back to school this year. Looking forward to many more years at Odyssey. Thanks!

Posted July 25, 2014
Hi, my name is Pam and I taught 1st and 2nd grade in a Montessori environment last year at Odyssey. The school has been paying for my Montessori training for the past 3 years and I completed a 2 week summer residency last month. Administration has been very supportive to me and my path to becoming a Montessorian. I'm not sure who posted this, but it's just not accurate. I'm excited to use everything I learned this summer when I teach 1st grade this year.

Posted July 24, 2014
Odyssey is a wonderful school with teachers that really care. There was very open communication between myself and my child's teachers and I felt like they were open to discuss any concerns I had. I love the healthy cafe and my child loved learning all about nutrition and working in the class gardens. He was able to have a hands on experience planting, growing and harvesting. My child has a learning disability and I feel that he excelled academically at Odyssey. There were always parent volunteer opportunities for parents inside as well as outside of the classroom. I also think that many of the recent negative reviews on this site are from the same disgruntled parent who did not get their way and is taking it out on Odyssey. If she put as much effort into doing something positive rather than thriving on the negativity, she could accomplish much more! I love Odyssey and my children will all be attending without a doubt! Thanks for all the hard work you do!!

Posted July 07, 2014
I get the feeling many of these one star reviews may be the same crusading parent, considering the general consensus amongst parents I've spoken to is very positive towards Odyssey. This school is a beacon in a struggling community. They serve healthy lunches, it's naturally daylit, and they play Mozart in the halls. There are gardens throughout the campus, attended to lovingly by the children. K-3 are supplied with Montessori, hands-on education, which is an essential learning environment to allow children to learn how to learn. I couldn't be more pleased with the results I've gotten sending my children there for the past 4 years. I highly recommend Odyssey.

Odyssey Charter School
1755 Eldron Boulevard Southeast, Palm Bay, FL  32909
Last modified Odyssey Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top