Public charter
Palm Bay, FL

Posted February 24, 2015
Simply the worst school I have ever encountered. Inept administration and teachers. All they care about is money. They constantly have their hands cupped for a donation in any form. With over 30 students per class, I don't know how the children learn.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2015
This is a wonderful school! I have 2 boys,1st and KG. This school has 2 certified teachers per class. This puts the class size about 30 kids per class. I was worried my boys would have too much noise a movement to focus in class. They had an adjustment period at first. Lets face it, boys have a ton of energy and are easily distracted. Half a year into the school year, my KG student is doing work that my 1st grader did last year towards the end of the year. Both my boys sit at the counter and do their homework while I cook dinner, TV on in the background and their 2 yr old sister running around playing. Their level of focus and concentration is amazing. I know this has everything to do with how they teach at Odyssey. Their healthy (fresh salad bar, organic/healthy menu) has also changed their eating habits at home. I get tons of communication from the school regularly, (flyers, phone calls, emails). Overall nothing but positive things!

Posted July 25, 2014
People can say all they want about Odyssey but in the end it is one of the best. When considering all factors, academics, class size, facility conditions, diversity, teachers education and so forth, It is the best in Palm Bay. The icing on the cake is that they do not have a whole bunch of kids that have been left behind multiple times, like some of the schools I'm comparing them to. It really helps prevent bullying and your child growing up too fast. Odyssey has a wonderful and rewarding environment for children and I am so glad that my boys were excepted 3 years ago. Surprisingly enough, my boys can't wait to get back to school this year. Looking forward to many more years at Odyssey. Thanks!

Posted July 25, 2014
Hi, my name is Pam and I taught 1st and 2nd grade in a Montessori environment last year at Odyssey. The school has been paying for my Montessori training for the past 3 years and I completed a 2 week summer residency last month. Administration has been very supportive to me and my path to becoming a Montessorian. I'm not sure who posted this, but it's just not accurate. I'm excited to use everything I learned this summer when I teach 1st grade this year.

Posted July 24, 2014
Odyssey is a wonderful school with teachers that really care. There was very open communication between myself and my child's teachers and I felt like they were open to discuss any concerns I had. I love the healthy cafe and my child loved learning all about nutrition and working in the class gardens. He was able to have a hands on experience planting, growing and harvesting. My child has a learning disability and I feel that he excelled academically at Odyssey. There were always parent volunteer opportunities for parents inside as well as outside of the classroom. I also think that many of the recent negative reviews on this site are from the same disgruntled parent who did not get their way and is taking it out on Odyssey. If she put as much effort into doing something positive rather than thriving on the negativity, she could accomplish much more! I love Odyssey and my children will all be attending without a doubt! Thanks for all the hard work you do!!

Posted July 07, 2014
I get the feeling many of these one star reviews may be the same crusading parent, considering the general consensus amongst parents I've spoken to is very positive towards Odyssey. This school is a beacon in a struggling community. They serve healthy lunches, it's naturally daylit, and they play Mozart in the halls. There are gardens throughout the campus, attended to lovingly by the children. K-3 are supplied with Montessori, hands-on education, which is an essential learning environment to allow children to learn how to learn. I couldn't be more pleased with the results I've gotten sending my children there for the past 4 years. I highly recommend Odyssey.

Posted June 24, 2014
I don't think much of Odyssey anymore with the changes in administration, staff and the principal nothing is as it was before. They hire people with no teaching credentials and they tend to have a lot of who is the "favorite" going on in the school and that includes teachers as well as students. Meetings don't seem to matter because they never do what they say when you leave. I will NOT be letting my children return unless they use what they write in the school hand book and hire the proper people with teaching ability and the credentials to go with it. The front desk staff is so rude. Parents who say they like the school changes and the staff have no idea what other children go through.
3 people found this helpful

Odyssey Charter School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
I think as long as students do what is asked such as completing homework on time they will have no problems.My son has some learning delays and is an honor student.He has no problems understanding the work and gets plenty of help if needed. Its one of the best in Palm bay. Very content.
2 people found this helpful

Odyssey Charter School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
This is a great, innovative school with an excellent curriculum and Healthy Cafe. However, some of the teachers need to be replaced including the "senior" teachers.

Posted May 11, 2014
Please don't enroll your kids in this school. Everything is awesome until the teachers start showing their true colors (mean, disrespectful, evil, bullies). Do your family a favor and dont enroll them. My son attended Kindergarten and will never go back to this so called A School. Please beware! God bless.
3 people found this helpful

Odyssey Charter School
1755 Eldron Boulevard Southeast, Palm Bay, FL  32909
Last modified Odyssey Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top